Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wings of Prague 2020 - SARS-CoV-2

Yes! I hope this can be the real result. Of course, whole event would be smaller due to not planned slet in your calendars, but this can be a way how to gather again. There is still a small chance to April, but another date is pretty fine Plan B.
    The only question is how to choose it. Thinking about doodle election of all participants with "will attend" status.

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    Apparently, Neil does
    We also have the Britannic and Oceanic that can take care of 2 more, plus 2 obsolete newish aircraft carriers to take of 2 more.

Anymore than 5 and we're f'kd.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Morning Dan,

here in Bavaria we have travel restrictions until 20th April.

Nobody can say for shure if we can travel without important reasons, if borders are open and bus, train and planes will be available again.

Even if everything is available - I can imagine that there will be some restriction for events for the following weeks/month.

Dan - can you give us a kind of an assessment for April in the Czech Republic?
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

The situation here is still strict - there is a duty to wear veils, work from home-office as much as possible and there is a crysis team in lead instead of common goverment.
    On the other side, there number of new cases is linear (between 200 to 300 a day), fist patients are healthy again (about 60 from 3800) and we are slightly optimistic.

Unfortunately, I think it will be impossible to travel here for several months, so lets think about postponing of real event a trying to held some online event like simultaneously Adlertag or Bloody April that everybody can join from his living room.

Czech border is closed to April 24th.

...and this is not a final Date.

That‘s it comrades.

Going to cancel Bus and room now.

My flights have already been cancelled by the airline(s), so I had to cancel my room(s) as well. Oh well ... see you all in Doncaster ???

@ Daniel:
    please let me know how much I owe you for the three badges (2x 2019, 1x 2020) I ordered. And please PM me your banking details so I can pay you back, wouldn't want little Veronika to starve

@ Daniel (again):
    I got a message from the Aerodrome that you posted I new message re Veronika .... I can't find it ...

cheers,
    Guus
    Last edited by Aardvark1430; 04-06-2020 at 02:53.
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

British Airways have cancelled my flights, so I have applied for a refund/voucher to cover the cost.

I have just cancelled my Hotel Mars reservation

If I can rearrange the Leave I booked from work, to hold it for later this year, then I might still be able to attend a rescheduled event in the Autumn.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Yeah...

Major bull****!

Tim, I really hope the situation clams down for Origins.

Otherwise you can be our LL member next year in Doncaster.

(...with the possibility to host a nice Sails of Glory mission. )

Just a little joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    My flights have already been cancelled by the airline(s), so I had to cancel my room(s) as well. Oh well ... see you all in Doncaster ???

@ Daniel:
    please let me know how much I owe you for the three badges (2x 2019, 1x 2020) I ordered. And please PM me your banking details so I can pay you back, wouldn't want little Veronika to starve

@ Daniel (again):
    I got a message from the Aerodrome that you posted I new message re Veronika .... I can't find it ...

cheers,
    Guus
    They should deliver them to me on Wednesday, so let me check them firstly
    I have a perfect photo of her, made especially for you, but it was turned in 90° when I uploaded it. I'll try to do once again today

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    British Airways have cancelled my flights, so I have applied for a refund/voucher to cover the cost.

I have just cancelled my Hotel Mars reservation

If I can rearrange the Leave I booked from work, to hold it for later this year, then I might still be able to attend a rescheduled event in the Autumn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Yeah...

Major bull****!

Tim, I really hope the situation clams down for Origins.

Otherwise you can be our LL member next year in Doncaster.

(...with the possibility to host a nice Sails of Glory mission. )

Just a little joke.
    Postponing to autumn is the best from bad possibilities. Of course, nobody can say if it would be possible to travel (I guess Central Europe wilk be OK, but what about France, UK and Serbia?), but I believe in it. Please, stay Prague-possitivr if you can and tell me if I should try to develop some online mission for original date (Bloody April, Adlertag etc.) that we can play at least from our homes.
    PS: Does cancelations mean the airlines will return your money back?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    PS: Does cancelations mean the airlines will return your money back?
    BA will issue me a voucher to the full amount, which must be used within 12 months of the original Flight booking.
    So it could cover a Prague Con later this year, or next year (but no later than mid-April).
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Same with my bus ticket.

12 month valid.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    BA will issue me a voucher to the full amount, which must be used within 12 months of the original Flight booking.
    So it could cover a Prague Con later this year, or next year (but no later than mid-April).
    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Same with my bus ticket.
    12 month valid.
    That is good for us, because:
    • You, didn't loose you money for traveling. Made my day.
    • Alternative October term is possible with both of you, yes!
    • In the worst case (absolut cancel of the event) we can move 2021 to late March or early April and you will be able to use your vouchers.

And it's also good your tickets are from big companies that would be probably supported by governments in case of need.

Czech air have given me a voucher till December 31st 2020

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

No surprise Czech Airlines are stingier than other airlines
    I'll keep itin my mind for planing phase.

Is it true that Czech borders may be closed for an year? That could make our little party very uncomfortable...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marek
    Sorties Flown

Hope not. But no one can say something reasonably predictable.

Just if you trust Emperor Palpatine sitting in chambers of Prague castle...

We expect October term as relatively safe, but as Marek said: "But no one can say something reasonably predictable."

Don’t think anyone knows how this will work out, hope you manage to be able to arrange something. Am keeping my fingers crossed that we can still do the Doncaster event at the end of September... not holding my breath though, well not just yet.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Holding your breath at present is not an option Chris!

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Keep calm and carry on.
    Chris, I can imagine how you, as organizer, feel about Doncaster Event. The most important is not think in shades of dark grey or black, but seek opportunities. You have still 5 months to go, it looks at least British Contingent (OK, I see it is a home playground) can be there. And the rest of us (CZ, PL, GE, IT,...) can wait until next year. Still far better when you know there will be next year than the final year at all.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

OK, back to the topic. It looks good here in the Czech Republic, so I want to ask you what do you think about two possible weekends: around 10.10. and 17.10.?
    Earlier weekends are not a choice due term close with Doncaster.

Crikey! The air museum may still be open
    Either looks OK to me. Wont be doing the Doncaster gig anyway.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Start a Doodle (doodle.com) , so everybody can vote !

I‘ll check it...

For me, only the weekend 16th to 18th would be an option.

For me both options are possible at the moment, although 9th to 11th would be better one.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christian
    Sorties Flown

Borders between Germany and Czech Republic have been reopened today for tourists.

That’s good news.. looks like in sensible countries the world is getting back to normal.

Sorry guys, I will not be attending ...
    I do hope to be there in 2021 ...
    Enjoy yourserselves, I'll be waiting for the pictures.

cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

I understand, Guus.
    Just tell me about you flight tickets - did they refund them to you or do you have a voucher for n+365 days or so? We can work with it in case of next year.

Hi Dan,
    I'll have a look when I'm back in The Hague.
    cheers,
    Guus

Take your time, Guus, I'm not in hurry

I hope to be there next year, my wife is taking the girls to Eurodisney, this would be my trade off...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Prague 2020
    By Dan-Sam in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 12-28-2020, 15:11
  2. Wings of Prague 2019 & 2020 - The Badges
    By Dan-Sam in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-27-2020, 19:12
  3. 'Wings' at the Williamsburg Muster 2020