Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wings of Prague 2020 - SARS-CoV-2

Exclamation Wings of Prague 2020 - SARS-CoV-2

TataMichal and Nemanja sent me an email about CoronaVirus and how it will be with Prague event.
    Here are their mails:

Quote Originally Posted by TataMichal
    Hi guys,
    Let me ask, what are plans regarding virus.

In Poland we have variety of security measures, among others:
    • Stop public meetings
    • Work at home, if possible.

Statistics say that older people are more vulnerable for virus (15% death rate, than younger 1%). In our community we do have same number of “old timers”.

Just caring for their health:
    1. What is the situation in Prag?
    2. Do you plan postponing the meeting, ex. after vacation?
    3. Or canceling?

Michal
    Quote Originally Posted by Пилот
    Long time ago I said "Corona never, zaječarsko (local Serbian beer) always".

Joke put aside, as I was informed in media and, also, when spoken with a friend who lives in town out of Prague, meetings up to 100 people are still allowed in Czechia.
    So, I don't believe some extra measures at Con are needed. Our older comrades should decide for themselves would they come or not. As Michal said, their risk is greater. But, it's expected that warmer days may weaken the epidemy.

Of course, it's Dan's and Kubajs' call.
    So, guys, we are waiting for your decision
    To be absolutely clear, here is the situation in this time (11.3.2020, 9:45):
    • There is no quarantine in this moment. It is possible to get in and out of our country. Some medical checks on borders are in progress.
    • It is recommended to apply home offices (pity we need a virus to change managers mind...).
    • All events above 100 participants / people are canceled.
    • Kindergardens are running as usuall. Primary and secondary schools are closed. Universities usually stopped, but there is no rule about them.
    • Scout organisation stopped all activities.

And now to our event:
    • We are bellow 100 participant rule, so strictly according to Czech law, we can continue with preparations. This can change in future, of course.
    • I prefer wait some time and see. There is about 1,5 months to go, so something can change (to worse or better, who knows?).
    • We do not have any special costs with the fixed date. Postponing is possible in general from our (organizators) side.
    • The bad situation is about you - participants with paid tickets, flights and accomodation. I propose to wait a week or two (if possible) and then thin about it once again. Anyway, I won't think anything bad about anybody who will cancel his or her attendance (and definitely don't want to see more names in Hall of Fallen Airmen). Good thing is that you can decide about yourselves (you are adult, responsible and wise often) - in case of childern focused virus it would be much worse...

Your perspectives are welcomed, please, feel free to comment.

Updates:
    • 11.3.2020, 10:25: Primary and secondary schools are going to be closed at least for a month.
    • 12.3.2020, 14:30: Goverment prohibits Czech citizens to travel to Italy, Austria, Germany, Iran, South Korea. Foreigners from 13 dangerous countries (Germany and Austria included) can not enter Czech Republic. Events above 30 participants are canceled. Expecting this for 30 days. All pubs and restaurants will be closed from 20:00 do 6:00.
    • 13.3.2020, 15:00: Borders of the Czech Republic will be closed since Monday 16.3.2020. Possible (?) return of CZ citizens, but probably not anybody else.
    • 16.3.2020, 10:30: Whole country under quarantine. Only go to the work, buy some food and medicaments allowed.
    • 19.3.2020, 00:00: Veils / face masks mandatory for all people outdoor. Retired people only opening hours in supermarkets between 10:00 and 12:00.
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 03-19-2020 at 06:24.

Should be a personal decision.

I can‘t imagine that the Czech Republic will be a no-go-area after Easter.

First Con was with 7 player, at all.

Problem can be harsh restrictions with pubs that close at 6pm, like in Italy.

Best way is to wait and see what happens the next weeks.

I‘m not dissapointed if the numbering participants shrinks because of personal health care.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    • 12.3.2020, 14:30: Goverment prohibits Czech citizens to travel to Italy, Austria, Germany, Iran, South Korea. Foreigners from 13 dangerous countries (Germany and Austria included) can not enter Czech Republic. Events above 30 participants are canceled. Expecting this for 30 days. All pubs and restaurants will be closed from 20:00 do 6:00.
    I guess this is pretty clear

30 days from 12/03/20?

So, restrictions might be lifted before Prague Summer Con begins?

I've already booked my flight and accommodation, so can't do anything about that now - I guess just "wait and see". It might work out OK. Or not. Time will tell.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

You are right, Tim. The range of 30 days is for the first level of State of Emergency, we will see what will change until there - they can prolong or cancel sooner, who knows. There is still hope for running a con as usuall.

I read some Airlines change date & time for free, so you will see if your flight ticket will ruin your wallet or not.

PS: UK, NED and FRA also can not enter
    PPS: Happy my father brought me 10 bottles of beer on Tuesday. As a right Czech I am safe now (just a little humour...).

Is Serbia banned, too?
    I mean, we are used to

So, we wait 30 days, drink rakija and hope for the best?

No, it isn't. I even have clients from Beograd on Monday. So far, so good, but don't underestimate your national spirit(s)!

Bad situation at the moment.

Thinking of the employees in the borderlands and economic aspects.

Let‘s see how things develop.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christian
    Sorties Flown

Train connections between Germany and Czech Republic will be cut off beginning this weekend. All national trains are not allowed to cross the border. Things don't look good now.

No, they don't. I think we're on the "best" way to cancel the event

Well well (not !)

Indeed Dutch people are also on the list of "not-welcome" to the Czech Republic (for the time being).
    But .. as Tim said: I've already booked my flights and accommodation, so I can't do anything about that now - I guess it's just "wait and see". It might work out OK. Or not. Time will tell.

cheers and good health to all of us,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Guus, I like your spirit. You are right, there is nothing to loose if you have already paid flight ticket and hotel. Sorry for your money loss, that is pity, but you remind me a motto: "Scouts are warriors, not worriors!". I think it is also aplicable for WoG players

Update:
    • 13.3.2020, 15:00: Borders of the Czech Republic will be closed since Monday 16.3.2020. Possible (?) return of CZ citizens, but probably not anybody else.

In view of the prevailing protective measures, I have attached the yellow quarantine flag to my Sails of Glory ship "Courageuse" and hoisted it in defiance of the situation !
    But I am still hoping for clearance to enter the port !

No, they don't. I think we're on the "best" way to cancel the event
    If necessary, re-scheduleing would be fine. But, not yet. We have 5 weeks in front.

I am for this plan too. We'll move the date the most probably, but..."Arya, what we tell to Death?" "Not today!"

France is on high alert and travel from here to Prague
    Is banned so I am unfortunately bowing out of this years event

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Unfortunately...

If situation get worse Paul, take a German U-Boot from Brest to one of our secret bases at Antarctica. Will order some tickets for you in Berlin.

I am for this plan too. We'll move the date the most probably, but..."Arya, what we tell to Death?" "Not today!"
    At the moment the sun shines in Zirndorf - skies are steel blue.

We still have the tickets and reservations. I'm shure borders will be open after Easter.

Sounds idiotic but the virus isn't that lethal, that public live, transport and connections in Europe can be freezed that long.

Let's do the best with the situation and stay healthy.

No use we sank that base with the Titanic years ago.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Unfortunately...

If situation get worse Paul, take a German U-Boot from Brest to one of our secret bases at Antarctica. Will order some tickets for you in Berlin.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I love your sense of humour, guys

Germans + U-Boots = only 1 secret base ?

Who believes that?

Germans + U-Boots = only 1 secret base ?

Who believes that?

Apparently, Neil does
    Last edited by Пилот; 03-15-2020 at 11:48. Reason: It's Neil, not Paul :)

Btw, see what is happening when Croatia is presiding EU

Unfortunately...

So Argentina is not on the list anymore? I like it: A(nta)rctic service medals are top

Update:
    • 16.3.2020, 10:30: Whole country under quarantine. Only go to the work, buy some food and medicaments allowed.

So Argentina is not on the list anymore? I like it: A(nta)rctic service medals are top
    Good one! I have an actual Antarctic Service Medal. Yup, real U.S. civilian medal for service below 60 South.

... and we don't TALK ABOUT the secret bases...

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post

... and we don't TALK ABOUT the secret bases...
    That is OK, British newspapers will do it for you : https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/953268...rious-area-51/

Hmm, Diego Garcia in Indian Ocean looks like a fine place for service

Nice place to self isolate...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

In Germany they are preparing for the crisis by stocking up with sausage and cheese.

That's the Wurst Käse scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    In Germany they are preparing for the crisis by stocking up with sausage and cheese.

That's the Wurst Käse scenario.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

That is so bad it's almost good.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I needed a laugh, it’s been a tough day, thank you for that.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Nice joke, Heмaњa.

Great joke
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Thank you, guys! I laughed for 5 minutes when I heard it.

Update:
    • 19.3.2020, 00:00: Veils / face masks mandatory for all people outdoor. Retired people only opening hours in supermarkets between 10:00 and 12:00.
    So start with preparing your veils / face masks. Special victory points for veils with roundels or German crosses!

Will the 2020 badges be virus free Dan.

My prayers have been answered.
    Kyte.

On sale E-Bay for £30.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s-l500.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Will the 2020 badges be virus free Dan.
    Yes! I promise wash them in traditional Czech Slivovice spirit with alcohol 60%+

sweet! Gotta get me a couple of those.

Are you serious, Jeff? Do you want to add on the list?

No, I'll just drink the Slivovice instead!

But I am serious about my respiratory protection. I purchased two of these several years ago. You can shoot with them on.

You know what the hardest part about preparing for the zombie apocalypse is? Knowing deep down that it isn't real.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 9.29.00 AM.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	283774

Hmm, how much will cost a postage of a bootle?

Will this be OK ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burka.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	283779

No! You can get infected through you eye hole.

Rob.

Yes! I promise wash them in traditional Czech Slivovice spirit with alcohol 60%+
    :
    sAprvd:
    Currently stuck in the UK as my flight back on Sunday is now on Wednesday

On a more serious note is
    there a chance of a reschedule of the Con this year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Prague 2020
    By Dan-Sam in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 12-28-2020, 15:11
  2. Wings of Prague 2019 & 2020 - The Badges
    By Dan-Sam in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-27-2020, 19:12