Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sgt. Reporting in.

Default Sgt. Reporting in.

New to Wings of Glory and Eager to fly some sorties in the Blue skies!
    I Hail form Tallahassee Florida and have 0 flight time due to the fact my Squadron has not received its new ships.
    I look forward to learning and exploring this game. Name:  213D4C77-D759-4D90-9ACF-4E61330D4884.jpeg
Views: 289
Size:  108.6 KB Name:  213D4C77-D759-4D90-9ACF-4E61330D4884.jpeg
Size:  108.6 KBName:  213D4C77-D759-4D90-9ACF-4E61330D4884.jpeg
Size:  108.6 KB
    Last edited by Sgt.; 03-05-2020 at 13:40.

welcome aboard Sam! You are going to find some mind bendingly creative folks on this forum. I'm not among them, but it really is a great place to learn more about the game. Check out the files for downloads and some of the sticky threads an you will learn A LOT!

Greetings Sam! Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Raider

Thanks for the welcome, I’ve been exploring a little even obviously posted my first post and with pics of the ships in transit. I’m still figuring out the forum and it’s navigation. look forward to the education. I see a lot of Builds of 1/144 and 1/200 planes that is cool. I build models and been heavy in to Axis and Allies. So looking in to those posts. Anyway thanks again.

Thanks Raider, looking forward to the ride and info.

Hello Sam. Is SGT your real life rank in one of the US services? Are those pictures of the planes you have on order? Enjoy the site and your games.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Sam, from across the pond in the UK.

If you have any questions, fire away! There will always be somebody willing and able to help out.
    Watch your six, and happy landings!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the 'Drome! If you want ideas for scenarios, look in the WW1 section of the forum.

Hi Sam, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the Aerodrome Sam. If you really enjoy modelling you'll have endless options with Shapeways and AIM for new Wings planes. Check out the hobby section.

Sergeant is the Rank I Retired with, from a Full Career as a Law Enforcement Officer here in Florida.
    And yes the pic’s Are of the planes I recently purchased- like yesterday when I decided to go all in and bought 12 planes the Rules package and a Battle mat. I guess I kinda over killed the planes. Lol
    Attached Images   
    Last edited by Sgt.; 03-06-2020 at 13:01.

Welcome aboard from across the pond in sunny Englandshire, well it’s not sunny it’s just gone midnight but you know what I mean...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Thanks Tim always a pleasure to meet a Brother from across the Pond. I will probably
    Take you up and on the questions in the future. I’ve been watching my 6 most of my adult life.lol
    Thanks again.

Thanks Daniel, I will look them up.

Name:  8C17AE37-DF03-4FE0-810A-5A07A713E35A.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  73.1 KBHey Steve, back at ya from the Sunshine State in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. View Post
    Sergeant is the Rank I Retired with, from a Full Career as a Law Enforcement Officer here in Florida.
    And yes the poc’s Are of the planes I recently purchased- like yesterday when I decided to go all in and bought 12 planes the Rules package and a Battle mat. I guess I kinda over killed the planes. Lol
    If you get into this game, 12 planes is just a taste. If you REALLY get into this game, you'll get planes when they are available as once they are gone it takes a long time for them to come back. Thank goodness for Shapeways and AIM! (Armaments In Miniature)

Thanks peter, I have already been looking at the post in the Hobby section and am amazed at the level of skill. I see I’m going to have to pick up my game to post on there. Lol
    Thanks again for the welcome.

Thumbs up

G'day Sam & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    As the chaps have said heaps of great info available here to assist you enjoy this great game to the full.
    Looks like you have grabbed some nice models to start your gaming.

You might enjoy reading some of the After Action Reports on the Solo Campaign some of us are involved in. They are down in the WW1 section & are in the Over the Trenches sub section.

Thanks Chris, it’s always a pleasure to hear from a Brother from across the Pond.

Thanks Barry, I will look into the after action reports. Sounds like a good way to see strategy of the game. It’s really awesome to be able to meet people from around the world. Thanks again for the Welcome from The Land Down Under.

Ein herzliches Willkommen from Bavaria, Sam.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Thanks Sven, I’ve actually never have met anybody from Bavaria. The world is getting smaller for me. This is great.

Welcome, Sam.

Thank you for your service as a law enforcement officer.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Thank You Eric, all I can say is I should have retired 30 years ago! I’m really enjoying this doing what I want when I want thing. Lol

Eric, how do I but a quote at the bottom of my response like on yours?

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Sam, from here across the Atlantic in the United Kingdom.

Welcome from Portland, Oregon, Sam.
    You're gonna like it here.

And yes the poc’s Are of the planes I recently purchased- like yesterday when I decided to go all in and bought 12 planes the Rules package and a Battle mat. I guess I kinda over killed the planes. Lol
    Welcome from over here. You will soon pick up that there is no such thing as overkill as far as planes go on here. There's always one more plane needed

Oh... there is no overkill in this forum. I read in here somewhere that you don't really have a collection until you exceed 300 planes. I just joined in January and have a solid 50 planes. I started by acquired all the ARES/NEXUS planes that I coveted. Now I'm after repaints. Because I haven't modeled or painted in 40 years (and I have the patience of Attila the Hun), I am commissioning some of the fine artists from this forum. Researching the history is the most fun for me. "Man's gotta know his limitations"

Welcome to the site Sam. There is no overkill on the planes people have. I have a number of AIM WWII and have started doing some Shapeways WWI. Painting keeps me occupied but my efforts are nothing like most of the people here. As mentioned thanks for your service as a police officer.
    Last edited by BobP; 03-06-2020 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Welcome to the Aerodrome, Sam, from here across the Atlantic in the United Kingdom.
    Thanks David, looking forward to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Welcome from Portland, Oregon, Sam.
    You're gonna like it here.
    Thanks for the welcome from Portland Oregon Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    Hi and welcome from Alberta
    Thank you Darell from Alberta Canada. I can see the advantages of gaming up there especially during the winter. Lol
    Thanks for the welcome.

Howdy, Sgt.

I had to smile at your comment about going overboard with 12 planes. Been there...a mere 14 months ago....and now, well, you'll have to guess but it's still not as many as Tim!

A wee bit of my background - my careers has been initially in military operational research but for the last 13 years I've switched to working with emergency managers / first responders on disaster response, recovery and resilience and other public safety / security issues.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Welcome from over here. You will soon pick up that there is no such thing as overkill as far as planes go on here. There's always one more plane needed
    Aian, thanks for the welcome that comes from Enfild, England. My Wife will not be happy to hear me say there’s always one more plane. I seem to do that with all of my hobbies. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Oh... there is no overkill in this forum. I read in here somewhere that you don't really have a collection until you exceed 300 planes. I just joined in January and have a solid 50 planes. I started by acquired all the ARES/NEXUS planes that I coveted. Now I'm after repaints. Because I haven't modeled or painted in 40 years (and I have the patience of Attila the Hun), I am commissioning some of the fine artists from this forum. Researching the history is the most fun for me. "Man's gotta know his limitations"
    Well Jeff it’s not how fast you over kill, it’s how you over kill fast! Lol
    I know I’ll probably have to limit my compulsive buying excursions to at least 1 a day! Lol
    Looking forward to it.

Name:  F5D7938D-CA36-4665-9F67-7EB078A3E78C.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  109.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Welcome to the site Sam. There is no overkill on the planes people have. I have a number of AIR WWII and have started doing some Shapeways WWI. Painting keeps me occupied but my efforts are nothing like most of the people here. As mentioned thanks for your service as a police officer.
    Thanks for the welcome Bob,
    I’ve known about Shapways from my Axis and Allies addiction. But did not know about the Larger scale sculpts. I will definitely be looking into them. Here is a pic of some of the sculpt’s I’ve painted.
    Last edited by Sgt.; 03-06-2020 at 15:37.

New to Wings of Glory and Eager to fly some sorties in the Blue skies!
    I Hail form Tallahassee Florida and have 0 flight time due to the fact my Squadron has not received its new ships.
    I look forward to learning and exploring this game. Name:  213D4C77-D759-4D90-9ACF-4E61330D4884.jpeg
Size:  108.6 KB Name:  213D4C77-D759-4D90-9ACF-4E61330D4884.jpeg
Size:  108.6 KBName:  213D4C77-D759-4D90-9ACF-4E61330D4884.jpeg
Size:  108.6 KB
    Welcome to the 'Drome' Sam from over the pond here in the good old UK.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Howdy, Sgt.

I had to smile at your comment about going overboard with 12 planes. Been there...a mere 14 months ago....and now, well, you'll have to guess but it's still not as many as Tim!

A wee bit of my background - my careers has been initially in military operational research but for the last 13 years I've switched to working with emergency managers / first responders on disaster response, recovery and resilience and other public safety / security issues.

Paul
    So what you are saying is you have a head start on me. Lol we will see just how much of my monthly income will go to this game. Hahahahaha
    Your Career sounds interesting, especially operational research. But my imagination says research into various combat operations lol. Your experience with emergency managers / first responders on disaster response, recovery and resilience and other public safety / security issues has very current civilian use. My Father was a Director of Emergency Management most of my life growing up and as an adult. I saw him deal with many disasters over the years trying to coordinate with Federal, State and local gov. Agencies. My hat is off to you Sir. It can be very challenging Career path. From my Point of view and being a first responder, it can be very daunting when your on the ground seeing the disaster fist hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Welcome to the 'Drome' Sam from over the pond here in the good old UK.
    Thanks for the welcome Cuz.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Sam.

15 planes are a good start, you should be up to 100 by the end of the year. HAHA!
    Collecting them is half the fun. If you get a chance, try and find time to attend Origins.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard up here a bit on the coast.

Imagine that, Sam from Tallahassee...um, I used to live in Tallahassee. Don't get me started on the coincidences, especially surrounding the name Sam.

Remember to check your six.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Welcome to the Aerodrome, Sam.

15 planes are a good start, you should be up to 100 by the end of the year. HAHA!
    Collecting them is half the fun. If you get a chance, try and find time to attend Origins.
    Thanks Bob, I’m going to try and meet your expectations and maybe beat it lol naw I’ve got to many other hobbies to feed. Lol

Thanks for the welcome Sam, ( this is like talking to myself) ha
    I’ve only been here for 14 years lol and I’ve only been through Maryland
    Twice but didn’t stop. Sorry I missed ya Brother.

Welcome to the party from Left Coast Hell, Sarge. Not LE myself, but was generously mentored by a lot of the local Thin Blue Line in college when my CPL, my sidearm and I were all that stood between a certain young lady and her violent stalker ex.

Back when Axis & Allies Miniatures was still a thing I pitched in research support for War at Sea; now I do historical consulting on Sails and occasionally get to pitch in a little for Wings. Which reminds me, time to update the Checklists in my sig again, maybe rehost on Google Sheets rather than my personal Dropbox...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Thanks Diamondback Life has a way of exploiting the best in us at the right time.
    I got my first A&A game in the early 1980s. Still play to day.
    Sounds like you have an interesting skill set in research and consulting.
    I think that is cool.

Thanks, but it's really more "Stick-To-It-iveness" than anything--kinda like working a stakeout.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Colorado: Reporting in!
    By TBone in forum US Wing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 08:33