Ares Games

Thread: How to post pics ???

Default How to post pics ???

Can anyone explain, in English, to a non-pc guru. how to get photos into a post? When I send them in an email, I just drag and drop. Drag and drop does not work here. My photos are downloaded from my Iphone to my PC, and are stored as IMG-206 etc etc.

Please help. Want to show off my first 5 repop paintjobs, and cannot get them in here.

Thanks.

I have no idea how the photo got posted here. Dang it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0215.jpg  

Click on the Image icon for adding a picture to a post (see below)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 11.53.02 PM.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	283040

A dialog box will open. Click the upload button. Find the image on your computer and click 'upload file(s).' The image will be uploaded into your post. When you try to upload the second and subsequent images the dialog box will default to using a URL. Just click on the 'From Computer' tab at the top of the box and repeat this process. It's actually rather easy.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	283042
    OK so perhaps I have it.The pick I clicked on showed up, by golly, although it just showed up as a line of code until I hit post.
    So, about the repop:From page 39 of Osprey Aircraft of the Aces#40, we have a re-purposed brand new Ares Paul Bauer Fokker Dr1. The plane is Ltn. Jacobs from Jasta 7, May 1918.
    I gather this is a famous plane because of its graphics. The decals are mostly from the appropriate Valom kit. The Valom decals in general seem to be a bit touchy, that is, fragile. It took two kits worth of decals to complete this model. Also, there may be one or more Aerodrome decals on this, which are. in general, a bit more sturdy and not as subject to destruction by just normal handling. Will try to post my other photo of this following this one. And hopefully one aircraft each day.
    Last edited by Brak Morn; 03-02-2020 at 09:32.

Name:	IMG_0208.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	283043
    And the second photo. This concludes the posts for the Jacobs aircraft. Thanks to RJG173 and Dave for replies to my above query. I am not a very great photographer, sorry about that. All Pics taken with Iphone.

Nicely done on those kits. Keep posting and you will get used to posting photos.

Very nice Triplanes!

Point of order - the cowling on the "Raben" triplane should be white, not red; 'Valom' got it wrong, copying the incorrect scheme on a museum plane in the USA
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

lol. Many thanks Tim and Barry. Wouldn't you know Raben doesn't show up in any any of the 12 or so Ospreys I've bought in last 90 days or so. Will correct that cowling most tickety. Also, Barry, a Q. Are the undersides of those two (in the wings and body forward) red? Does not look like any blue there? Thanks mates.

Whoops. There is a black & white photo of Raben's plane. Sorry, I ain't trying for the chickens..........

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Brak Morn View Post
    lol. Many thanks Tim and Barry. Wouldn't you know Raben doesn't show up in any any of the 12 or so Ospreys I've bought in last 90 days or so. Will correct that cowling most tickety. Also, Barry, a Q. Are the undersides of those two (in the wings and body forward) red? Does not look like any blue there? Thanks mates.

Whoops. There is a black & white photo of Raben's plane. Sorry, I ain't trying for the chickens..........
    G'day again Burton.
    Yes the undersides remained the standard blue on my models
    There is a complete Osprey book on J 18 by Greg Van Wyngarden in the Aviation Elite Unit series. The Title is "Jasta 18--The Red Noses" which is where perhaps the model maker was led astray as although the general nose is red the radiator section is White!
    This is a superb book full of detail, B & W photos & Colour profiles of both the Berthold years & after the swap with Raben. Should be available from Amazon or Abe Books.

Burton, congrats on those repaints! If you want some pics of the color plates in the Elite Aviation Osprey Red Noses book, PM me and I can send them to your email. Those particular color plates are also posted all over the interwebs.

Looking good!

Thanx agin gully_raker, just ordered the Jasta 18 book.

Default more pics

Name:	IMG_0217.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	283089 Ok, so this is my version of Lothar's Jasta 11 plane from March 1918. pg 34 of Osprey AofA #40. This is another Paul Baumer repurpose by Ares.

Default more pics

Name:	IMG_0218.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	283090 ....and another view.

Default more pics

Name:	IMG_0222.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	283091 Ok, the repaint of The Raven. A red Baron aircraft repurposed. Decals mostly Valom.
    Last edited by Brak Morn; 03-04-2020 at 19:33.

Default more pics

Name:	IMG_0221.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	283093 ......and another pic. These planes all come from the factory with a gloss. 2-3 coats pf testor's Dullcoat fixes that.

Good photographs, Burton!

That (white cowling) is much better!

Nice Lothar, too!

Thumbs up

Some more great repaints deserving of Rep!

Looking good Burton. Hope we get to see these in some AARs.

Nice aircraft there! REP!

If Tim and Barry praise you, you can be sure your your skill is pretty high

Many thanks Tim and Barry. Also, Barry, a Q. Are the undersides of those two (in the wings and body forward) red? Does not look like any blue there? Thanks mates.
    My J18s retain their factory finish wing undersides; Sky Blue for the Dr.1

Name:	Raben Dr.1.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	283124

lozenge camo for the D.VIIs

Name:	Monnington D.VII.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	283125

Arrrrgh. Engine parts: gunmetal. Inside of wheels: red. lower wing skids: brown. and danged if I know why MG's aren't gunmetal either!
    Thanks for that particular pic Tim, guess my Lothar isn't done yet!

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	283196
    This was a second Olesjagers(sp? if they made the damn letters big enough to read......) converted to Lt Alex Cousten, AFC, Feb 1918. There are 13 decals on this bugger, and the little V's on both sides of fuselage ALMOST got me into the whiskey. Valom decals except for roundels (aerodrome). Strangely enough, this plane was the most work.
    Did I mention it's a Camel, lol?
    Last edited by Brak Morn; 03-06-2020 at 19:59.

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	283197
    And a second view........

Thumbs up

Nice to see a model of an Australian Flying Corps aircraft make it to the games table.

OK, this probably will be moved somewhere else, but here goes. Having a major problem with information, answers to questions, very recently. Without mentioning names, have been refused a Ph# of a knowledgeable person in regards to the aerodrome store, and do not have a reply to an email to a major person on this site. I'll allow room for they might be on a well deserved vacation. So, I have many questions, a **** ton of which are about decals, availability thereof, and other stuff, primarily what is wrong with Ares when it comes to producing models needed. I am a 2-fingered typist (ya, I know, MY problem), so anyone in USA willing to give or exchange Ph#'s so I can TALK to you and not have to do this, pls message me. If you do not want your PH# in my hands, I'm more than willing to give you mine, and we can agree to a date and time. An example of the questions I have: Is (are) Dom's decals still in business? I do not have a reply to this very question sent to him. Thanks for whatever consideration you may give in advance. Cheers!

And here's another for ya: On the donations box it sez click on the donation you want, and the click on the "poster" below. There ain't nothin below, people. haysus, ya can't even make giving money easy. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

In the donation area click on the amount you want to donate ie $10. That will drop down and highlight the amount you desire. Then click on the flyer and it will take you to PAYPAL to complete your donation. When it says click on the poster below it means the poster that says KEEP THE AERODROM....
    That's the poster

thanks Bob. success.

Glad it helped. I know what it is like to try and figure things out.

Lightbulb

G'day Burton.
    To the best of my knowledge Dom has closed down his Decal business due to ill health.
    Take a look in the Hobby section of the Forum & you should find some news of other decal suppliers.

Good Luck !

dang. there goes 3 jastas i could have done. anyone do custom decals to order?

Miscellaneous Miniatures does decals 'HERE' Kevin does normally take orders but has stopped at the moment as he has been overwhelmed sine the shutdown.

Tin-Soldier 'HERE'

Red Eagle Miniatures 'HERE'

Thank you so much for those Peter.

Oops, what I meant to say Kevin is still selling decals, he just isn't taking on custom requests at the moment. His decals are great, I just got a bunch of sets in the mail Tuesday...now to get painting!

Name:	IMG_0337[1].jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	294965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0337[1].jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	294965
    Well, here's the picture I could not post earlier. Actually have 10 of these to repaint, along with 4 shapeways Fokker D.VII's and a few Pfalz and Albatros's.

btw, keeping up with the quality of Ares latest batches from China: six of these 10 DrI's are not acceptable as playing models for any WoG advocate, with extremely crooked decals, mostly the little tail buggers. Also, Had to order a second Frommerz DrIII plane to get the pilot card that was MISSING from the first plane. The second one finally came yesterday, and luckily I had the pilot card in this one. BUT........(wait for it)........the lower wings were not connected to the outboard (large) struts. Quick fix, but apparently in China they have decided that the fng should be the official applier of decals. Bad call.

Agreed. The quality is very erratic. I've overpainted many to apply a correctly aligned decal. Its sad they can't get it correct all the time but for the money its still a good deal.

.. Also, Had to order a second Frommerz DrIII plane to get the pilot card that was MISSING from the first plane. ...
    If you'd have contacted ARES they may well have sent you one.

"He is wise who watches"

THANKS, I needed that.

Very nice just learn to rotate them to right side up, other than that they look awesome!

Anyone know if Keith is OK? Aerodrome store should have opened Dec 1 or 2, no reply to a query.

Similar Missions

1. Post WW2 Missiles
    By Future Pilot in forum Post WWII Aircraft stats
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-22-2018, 08:59
  2. My 1,500 post
    By Doug in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-14-2013, 16:16
  3. 500 post!!!
    By john snelling in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23