Ares Games

Thread: The Martians are coming (again)!

Default The Martians are coming (again)!

The U.K. gets to see the American production of 'War of the Worlds' from next Thursday on Fox channel. This one is set in modern-day England. After the BBC lowered the bar with their version last year, I am hoping this one is a lot better.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thanks for the Heads up Steve.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    ... After the BBC lowered the bar with their version last year, I am hoping this one is a lot better.
    Couldn't be much worse... it's Fox, what am I saying ?!

"He is wise who watches"

Fingers crossed the BBC one drowned in a sea of political correctness, which was frustrating to say the least.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I have only watched half the first episode of the BBC version so far and have not been impressed. I will persevere and keep my eye open for the US version too. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you for letting us know, Steve. I cannot get the Fox channel, myself, so I shall have to wait for the dvd.

I am wondering if this is a real American production or the French series with sub titles. I believe the French one does not have good sub titles so those with little or no French may struggle with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I am wondering if this is a real American production or the French series with sub titles. I believe the French one does not have good sub titles so those with little or no French may struggle with it.
    It's the American one. Apparently its release was delayed in the U.K. so it didn't clash with the BBC offering. It is envisaged as a 3 series trilogy.

While on the subject of TV programmes, (and I think this might be a repeat), next Thursday Yesterday Channel is airing Warbird Workshop. The first is the restoration of Spitfire MJ772 which pranged at Biggin Hill some time ago. A further episode sees the restoration of a C47 in time for the 75th anniversary of D Day.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

There is a banner on my cable when I search what is on. It is War of the Worlds on EPIX which, I found out is a subscription channel. I checked it out on line to see what this is and you can watch the first 2 episodes for free. Not sure if this is the show you are talking about but you can check out EPIX and see what this is. It is set in Britain and France but in the present. Looks like it is a tv series rather then a movie. Haven't seen a Martian in the first two shows I watched but it looked interesting.

Watched episode 3 and this show has my attention. I check EPIX and watch it when it is free. So far episodes 1-3 can be seen for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    ... It is envisaged as a 3 series trilogy....
    I hope not, it's as dull as dishwater.

"He is wise who watches"

Where's the Martians?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Similar Missions

1. More about Martians
    By Baxter in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2019, 02:49
  2. Martians captured by Fedex
    By ShadowDragon in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2019, 02:53
  3. No, the Martians have NOT landed in New York City
    By NewFlyBoy in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 07:41
  4. British Columbia: Curious ComiCon 2018 - More Martians!
    By OldGuy59 in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-14-2018, 09:46
  5. My First Encounter with Martians
    By Baxter in forum T&T: After Action Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2018, 06:31