Ares Games

Thread: Scramble in Aurora, IL

Default Scramble in Aurora, IL

Hello Everybody,
    I am hosting a scramble at my place in Aurora on Sat. Feb. 29, starting around 1:00PM. Hope to have two scenarios and maybe another game late. PM me if interested for address and phone number.

Mike

I'm in! My buddy might come too. I sent you a PM. Thanks Michael looking forward to it!

-Chris

Hi Michael
    Beth and I will not be able to make it this Saturday, sorry.

Nuts. That puts a damper on everything. Hope its nothing serious.

Hi Mike!!! Everything went well yesterday, and feeling good today!!! So, I'll be there for the Scramble today!!!

Hi Mike!!! Everything went well yesterday, and feeling good today!!! So, I'll be there for the Scramble today!!!

Happy to hear, Tim! See you in a couple of hours.

Default Damm

Hello from San Diego
    Hope things go well today.sure miss being there.please say hello to all there.what are the scenarios?send a few pics.

I am doing a find the lost battalion scenario and then a 1917 Italian bombing raid onTrieste.

Hi Folks,

I hope all went well today.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Hi Eric, Everything was good. There were 5 of us. 2 scenarios, I had a good time hope everyone else did too.

Sounds like a good time.

I have fond memories of our first game at one of your scrambles, flying into your bomber when you and I had the only two planes left on a rather large table.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Michael,

Thank you for hosting and putting these two Sorties on! I had a great time. Glad to see Tim make it out, and meet Pat and Ken too.

That first mission, I wanted to keep going with my Beech Chair even though I was vastly out numbered, but it was best to concede so we could get the others in the next game soon. Plus you guys had more backups coming in! Still was fun taking down that Berje at the end with Artillery, but he did his job plenty before he got shot down.

The 2nd mission, wowza! Talk about a barn burner at the end! Flying the Caproni was fun, and I got to do my first bombing raid! I thought we were done, and then I made the dumb decision to go after Tim's two fighters. Knocked the one out right away, this gave you cover to get your Caproni out of the way, and then I had to turn my big ass tail and run and hope he didn't get me with his other fighter!

Poor Ken kept getting jammed guns, and Pat, LOL he was shooting blanks the whole game in both scenarios it seemed!

Looking forward to more games with you guys. Maybe I'll try to host one coming up!

Btw had our 1st race of the Thunder Alley Racing season yesterday (4 of 5 drivers were in attendance). We raced the Pocono Track, my team finished 2nd.

Tschüss,

-Chris
    Last edited by Raider; 03-02-2020 at 10:02.

Also,

We gotta get Ken & Pat on here already!

Glad you had a good time. I liked playing Thunder Alley at Rock-Con. Keep me in mind for a game. I've tried to get Ken and Pat to join, but their pictures are on here.

Eric, if I remember correctly that crash took me out and our side lost the scenario. Fun times anyway. Hope everything is good with you two.

You remember perfectly. All you had to do was drop your bomb for the victory. All I had to do was fly anywhere other than into you on a sizable layout. That was a very fun day. Sue and I were just starting with Wings.

We're doing well. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Michael,

Thank you for hosting and putting these two Sorties on! I had a great time. Glad to see Tim make it out, and meet Pat and Ken too.

That first mission, I wanted to keep going with my Beech Chair even though I was vastly out numbered, but it was best to concede so we could get the others in the next game soon. Plus you guys had more backups coming in! Still was fun taking down that Berje at the end with Artillery, but he did his job plenty before he got shot down.

The 2nd mission, wowza! Talk about a barn burner at the end! Flying the Caproni was fun, and I got to do my first bombing raid! I thought we were done, and then I made the dumb decision to go after Tim's two fighters. Knocked the one out right away, this gave you cover to get your Caproni out of the way, and then I had to turn my big ass tail and run and hope he didn't get me with his other fighter!

Poor Ken kept getting jammed guns, and Pat, LOL he was shooting blanks the whole game in both scenarios it seemed!

Looking forward to more games with you guys. Maybe I'll try to host one coming up!

Btw had our 1st race of the Thunder Alley Racing season yesterday (4 of 5 drivers were in attendance). We raced the Pocono Track, my team finished 2nd.

Tschüss,

-Chris
    My son thinks he heard that pilot screaming all the way to the ground way up in Rockford!!! But I had a great time!!! I'm looking forward to the next one!!!

Hey fellas, any games going on soon? It's been a long time! Missing this!

-Raider

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: Scramble in Aurora
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-28-2019, 08:43
  2. Illinois: Scramble in Aurora, IL
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-08-2018, 07:42
  3. Illinois: Scramble in Aurora