Ares Games

Thread: who's a lucky boy then?

Default who's a lucky boy then?

just managed to get a dr.1/camel dual pack on e-bay auction. technical stuff on Sunday, meant I missed another one of these dual packs on e-bay by £1. dunno if it was another Aerodrome member that got it, but enjoy em. I'VE GOT BROWN'S SOPWITH CAMEL - YEAH.

Lol nice one Iain

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    just managed to get a dr.1/camel dual pack on e-bay auction. technical stuff on Sunday, meant I missed another one of these dual packs on e-bay by £1. dunno if it was another Aerodrome member that got it, but enjoy em. I'VE GOT BROWN'S SOPWITH CAMEL - YEAH.
    I was watching those two duel packs. Glad you got one! I was lucky enough to score a revised edition game with Brown’s Camel, Luke’s SPAD, Baumer’s Albatros, and the red and green version of Richtofen’s Dr.I. Basically, both duel packs in one box. Gave me another set of damage decks too. I didn’t have any of those 4 planes, and they were all on my WANTED LIST. Great feeling, eh?

Well done, Iain and Jeff!

A good result for the you chaps. Considering how rare and ridiculously expensive they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    I was lucky enough to score a revised edition game with Brown’s Camel, Luke’s SPAD, Baumer’s Albatros, and the red and green version of Richtofen’s Dr.I. Basically, both duel packs in one box. Gave me another set of damage decks too. I didn’t have any of those 4 planes, and they were all on my WANTED LIST. Great feeling, eh?
    Ah, yes, the Revised Deluxe set - the first box set I was able to acquire (but sadly not the last!)

Well done Iain!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    A good result for the you chaps. Considering how rare and ridiculously expensive they are now.
    Suprisingly - a good deal - got them for less than I was prepared to pay the difference between what I paid and was prepared to pay will probably buy another aircraft (don't let mrs. cc see this )

comgrats! bagging that one rare bird one has been seeking ever long is indeed most gratifying. enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    comgrats! bagging that one rare bird one has been seeking ever long is indeed most gratifying. enjoy!
    ... and Clipper1801 just provided the last plane on my Wanted List. That's right, I actually have a full inventory list - complete with pictures of each and a Wanted List (Must Have, Wanted, Slightly Wanted, For the Right Price...). It also has pictures of all the repaints I desire and full historical research for each. Cause I'm sick that way.

Just scored the wily and elusive Siemens-Schukert D.III Lange. Old Mr. Skull and Crossbones is in the bag. (thanks again David)

And with that, I have now completed my collection. Guess it is time to put them all up for sale and move on to something else. Hmmm... maybe Sails?

Just kidding, Tim. No Sails! ... clink!

until tomorrow Jeff, until tomorrow

And with that, I have now completed my collection. Guess it is time to put them all up for sale and move on to something else. Hmmm... maybe Sails?

Phew - stand down from Red Alert, close Frog Pill jar, but retain Brandy bottle just in case...…………….
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Phew - stand down from Red Alert, close Frog Pill jar, but retain Brandy bottle just in case...…………….
    Aye aye, sir! oh, crap that's a NAVAL term! ARRGHHH. Aw, did it again!

Restorative brandy consumed... situation normal. Going to watch some more Python on Netflix.

Fly safe out there!

... and Clipper1801 just provided the last plane on my Wanted List. That's right, I actually have a full inventory list - complete with pictures of each and a Wanted List (Must Have, Wanted, Slightly Wanted, For the Right Price...). It also has pictures of all the repaints I desire and full historical research for each. Cause I'm sick that way.

Just scored the wily and elusive Siemens-Schukert D.III Lange. Old Mr. Skull and Crossbones is in the bag. (thanks again David)

wow! lucky. not including the newest rerelease i still need around 12 or so to complete my ww1 collection and maybe double that for my ww2. someday though.

planes have just landed. happy with the planes, plus a whole pile of goodies included. rulers, another "A" damage deck plus lots of counters. A very happy boy

just noticed. got a dr.1 previously and now have another dr.1 with the dual pack. They're different colour schemes. done some checking and it seems both are correct. half red fuselage and green upper wing surfaces seems like an early variation, I think. Slightly less confused now

Similar Missions

1. Are we lucky or what?
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2019, 14:38
  2. National Lucky USA
    By Popsical in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2017, 14:08
  3. LUCKY DIP BAG !!!
    By Maverick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17