Ares Games

Thread: The Passing of a Dear Friend

Threaded View

Default The Passing of a Dear Friend

I have the deep regret of having to inform everyone I know of the passing of Harry P. Materne III. Matt and I were good friends since college. I visited him two to three times a week after his car accident. Back then we shared a house for several years. The infamous “Highland Barracks”. Both of us were in each other’s wedding. We stayed in touch almost daily through the years sharing our love of history and our warped sense of humor. I have no words for this moment. I feel like I have lost a piece of my soul. Please pray for Karleen, Graeme, and Owen

The following is the post from Karleen, his wife.

There is no easy way to do this, so please accept my apologies if I was unable to speak with you personally today. It was a very sad day.

After celebrating a lovely Valentine's Day and a beautiful Saturday morning, the man who loved me more than anyone passed away. I was with him when he died.
    Harry Materne (Matt to some of you) will be forever in the hearts of so many. We will be having a unique celebration of his life in a few weeks. (Harry always hated the way we celebrate death.) Details to follow. At this time, the boys and I would like to thank all of you for holding us in your hearts. Hug your special someone tonight. You never know how many of those you'll have.
    Last edited by rhodie80; 03-05-2020 at 11:27.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Similar Missions

1. RIP my dear friend Jeff
    By P-51D in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-24-2019, 01:12
  2. Passing of a Friend bumblie3
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-07-2018, 17:35
  3. Happy Birthday Dear Friend - Nightbomber's a baby today
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 30