Ares Games

Thread: BSG Quick Sheet

Default BSG Quick Sheet

Here's the quick sheet I am using tomorrow night: (might be a few glitches but it was I've gleaned from the rule book and from York)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA STARSHIP BATTLE RULES QUICK SHEET

INITIAL PLANNING MOVE 1:
    1. PLAN YOUR MOVEMENT: (3 OPTIONS – CHOOSE 1)
    ˇ CHOOSE A NORMAL MOVEMENT CARD AND THE BLANK CARD
    ˇ CHOOSE A NORMAL MOVEMENT CARD AND AN OVERBOOST CARD
    ˇ CHOOSE THE CHANGE OF DIRECTION CARD AND A NORMAL MOVEMENT CARD (ONLY IF ROTATED)
    2. FIRST TURN:
    ˇ ADD THE KINETIC ENERGY OF YOUR CARDS AND SET THE KINETIC SLIDER TO THE TOTAL
    ˇ CHECK THE G VALUE ON CARDS AND ENSURE THEY DO NOT EXCEED ALLOWED MAXIMUM
    ˇ REVEAL YOUR CONTROL PANEL AND MOVEMENT CARDS
    ˇ PLAY THE FIRST MOVEMENT/OVERBOOST CARD
    ˇ IF THE MOVEMENT CARD IS A DIFFICULT MANEUVER PLACE THE DIFFICULT MANEUVER TOKEN NEXT TO YOUR SPACESHIP
    ˇ ELECT TO FIRE – APPLY ANY DAMAGE SPECIAL EFFECTS
    ˇ PLAY THE BLANK/MOVEMENT CARD
    ˇ IF THE MOVEMENT CARD IS A DIFFICULT MANEUVER PLACE THE DIFFICULT MANEUVER TOKEN NEXT TO YOUR SPACESHIP
    ˇ IF YOU DID NOT FIRE AFTER THE 1ST CARD YOU MAY FIRE NOW – APPLY ANY DAMAGE SPECIAL EFFECTS
    SUBSEQUENT TURNS:
    3. PLAN YOUR MOVEMENT: (3 OPTIONS – CHOOSE 1)
    ˇ CHOOSE A NORMAL MOVEMENT CARD AND THE BLANK CARD
    ˇ CHOOSE A NORMAL MOVEMENT CARD AND AN OVERBOOST CARD
    ˇ CHOOSE THE CHANGE OF DIRECTION CARD AND A NORMAL MOVEMENT CARD (ONLY IF ROTATED)
    4. TURN:
    ˇ REVEAL YOUR CONTROL PANEL AND MOVEMENT CARDS
    ˇ CHECK THE G VALUE ON CARDS AND ENSURE THEY DO NOT EXCEED ALLOWED MAXIMUM
    ˇ IF YOU HAVE ELECTED TO ROTATE YOUR SPACESHIP GO TO 5, IF NOT CONTINUE……..
    ˇ PLAY THE FIRST MOVEMENT/OVERBOOST CARD
    ˇ ADJUST THE KINETIC SLIDER FOR THE VALUE OF THE CARD ENSURE ANY INCREASE/DECREASE IN KINETIC ENERGY IS WITHIN MAXIMUM ALLOWED.
    ˇ PLAY THE BLANK/MOVEMENT CARD AND ADJUST KINETIC ENERGY SLIDER - MUST BE WITHIN MAXIMUM ALLOWED
    ˇ IF YOU DID NOT FIRE AFTER THE 1ST CARD YOU MAY FIRE NOW – APPLY ANY DAMAGE SPECIAL EFFECTS

5. ROTATING YOUR SPACE SHIP
    ENSURE YOU HAVE THE CHANGE OF ROTATION NOTED ON YOUR CONTROL PANEL DIAL
    ˇ PLAY YOUR FIRST CARD (MUST BE A STRAIGHT OVERBOOST OR STRAIGHT)
    ˇ LEAVE THE MOVEMENT CARD ON TABLE REMOVE SPACESHIP AND TURN YOUR SPACESHIP HEADING SO THAT THE FIRING ARC MATCHES UP WITH YOUR CONTROL PANEL. REPLACE YOUR SPACESHIP ON TABLE
    ˇ PLAY THE BLANK/STRAIGHT MOVEMENT CARD
    6. SUBSEQUENT TURNS ROTATED OR RE-ALIGNING SPACESHIP DIRECTION OF TRAVEL
    ˇ YOU MAY ONLY PLAY STRAIGHT OVERBOOST OR A STRAIGHT.
    ˇ YOU CANNOT ADJUST YOUR KINETIC ENERGY SO IF YOU ARE AT KINETIC ENERGY 6 YOU MUST PLAY AN OVERBOOST AND NORMAL MANUEVER AT KINETIC ENERGY 6
    ˇ YOU WISH TO RE-ALIGN YOUR BASE TO YOUR SPACESHIP FACING THEN…
    ˇ CHOOSE THE TURN CARD AND A NORMAL MANUEVER CARD
    ˇ REVEAL AS NORMAL
    ˇ ADJUST YOUR DRIFT BY USING THE DRIFT TEMPLATE IN THE DIRECTION OF TRAVEL
    ˇ PLAY THE TURN CARD LEAVING THE DRIFT TOOL ON THE TABLE AS A MARKER.
    ˇ RE-ALIGN THE BASE TO THE SPACESHIP AND RETURN SPACESHIP TO TABLE
    ˇ REMOVE DRIFT TEMPLATE
    ˇ YOU MAY NOW ELECT TO FIRE APPLY SPECIAL DAMAGE
    ˇ PLAY YOUR MOVEMENT CARD AND ADJUST KINETIC ENERGY KEEPING WITHIN MAXIMUM DECELARATION
    ˇ YOU MAY NOW ELECT TO FIRE IF YOU DID NOT FIRE BEFORE APPLA#Y SPECIAL DAMAGE
    ˇ RETURN TO 3 ABOVE OR CONTINUE USING 6 ONWARDS

FIRING ADJUSTMENTS:
    ROLL 2D6 ADD/SUBTRACT FOLLOWING FROM YOUR ATTACK VALUE ON YOUR SPACESHIP CARD CHECK IF YOU ROLL ANY DOUBLE YOU CAN SPLIT DICE AND USE BOTH AS DICE AS SEPARATE ATTACKS APPLYING BONUS TO BOTH DICE

RANGE MODIFIERS:
    +1 IF ATTACKING THE TARGET AT SHORT RANGE
    -1 IF ATTACKING THE TARGET AT LONG RANGE
    KINETIC MODIFIERS
    +1 TARGET HAS A KINETIC ENERGY OF 0
    -1 IF THE TARGET HAS A KINETIC ENERGY OF 4+ UNLESS IT PLAYED A CHANGE OF DIRECTION CARD.
    -1 IF THE ATTACKER HAS A KINETIC ENERGY OF 5+
    PILOT MODIFIERS
    +2 IF FIRED AND MISSED THE TARGET LAST MOVE
    +3 IF FIRED AND HIT TARGET LAST MOVE
    -1 IF YOUR PILOT IS WOUNDED
    -2 YOUR PILOT IS SEVERELY WOUNDED
    -2 SHOOTING THROUGH A SPARSE ASTEROID FIELD
    -4 SHOOTING THROUGH A DENSE ASTEROID FIELD
    See you on the Dark Side......

So, you haven't seen, or didn't like, this:

Battlestar Galactica Turn Summary V3.6.1

PS: When planning, before setting the maneuver type (FTL, >>>, >>, >, □, <) on the control panel: check for G rating and Acceleration limits. Don't wait until after the control panel is revealed and the player has planned an illegal move.

Before revealing Control Panels, reveal any Blanks, then return it to your maneuver deck.

FTL:
    If Using FTL in a game, the Control Panel is revealed before any cards (other than the blank above). Follow the below steps:

Once the Control Panel is revealed, and the player has indicated his maneuver type, set the 'current Kinetic Energy for the turn. With no Overboost card, Change Direction card, or having used a Blank, the player is going 3 or less. With an Overboost, a minimum of 4. All shooting in the current turn uses the current KE setting. The KE setting never changes after the reveal in a given turn. Remember the previous turn's KE number for any Drift in the First Movement Step.

Before revealing any maneuver cards, declare any FTL jumps, and resolve them. It is important that nobody reveals their maneuver cards before determining the results of the FTL jumps, so the 'jumper' isn't provided with clues on how to position his/her ship.

First Movement Step: Only reveal the first movement card (Overboost) or change direction card. Do not reveal any second movement card in the first step! This is important for determining whether or not a player will fire in the First Firing Step, or the Second. Without knowing what the second maneuver card is, the opponent won't know if the target is closing, moving away, or perhaps move out of firing arc. When using the Change Direction card, Drift is calculated using the previous turn's KE, not the current turn!

No FTL:
    Note: Really, I use the above process, regardless.

Once Blanks are revealed and put away, reveal the first maneuver card and the Control Panel, adjust KE.

Commence with First Movement Step
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 02-12-2020 at 21:53.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I found the sequence we did at York easier for explaining to New players. The steps are taken from the rule book.

That said I'll check the FTL section.

The Cylon that FTL IN will already have their CP set to FTL.

I'M not allowing, yet, Cylon a 2nd FTL move once on the table.

Read the FTL section. Now I realise why I didn't add it, not using it tonight. When we do use it it will be to get the Cylon on the table, surprise move. I'll add in more FTL as we go along.

The drift tool explanation I have put down is correct if you follow the steps. I will verbally explain the kinetic energy and how to use drift tool.

This sheet is for me to use not the players, it will serve as a quick reminder sheet for me, hence the sheet I will be using for tonight's game.

I have 1 player with vascular dimentia, 1 with ADHT and a 3rd with MND. Giving the first 2 a quick sheet to use would just add too many complications.

Not that I hadn't seen your quick sheet it's just not usable for some of the players.

Neil

PS: I'll let you know how I get on and any amendments required.

Similar Missions

1. New climb sheet
    By Dan-Sam in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 09:43
  2. Reference sheet help please.
    By cerebus in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 10:22
  3. My reminder sheet
    By Honza in forum WGS: General Discussions