Ares Games

Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hi,
    New member here, getting back into the game after a long absence.
    I started playing when WoW was first released, playing many games at my local club in Gravesend, interest gradually dwindled, aided by model shortages and soaring prices so the pieces l acquired gathered dust in the loft for some 10 years plus!

My now ex wife was clearing the loft and asked if l still wanted some bits and pieces, l did and my eldest son duly brought my Famous Aces set and aircraft over, with me intending to sell them. He stayed over last week and suggested we play a game, he was fond of a game when he was 10 years old.

We played a game and l decided to keep my stuff, l have just picked up a couple of SE5a's and will be adding a Pfaltz or two to start with. Ironically, l was in the Sentry Box store in Calgary a couple of weeks ago and they had a good selection of models, at a good price, l am kicking myself for not buying any!

Chocks away chaps!

Welcome to the Drome

Welcome to the Drome Philip.

Welcome to the 'drome Philip from a blustery & occasionally soggy Dorset today, hope you get a few more games in soon.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Welcome to the aerodrome Philip. Don't fret about missing an opportunity to acquire more planes, just don't pass it by next time!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Philip, from here near Norwich.

Hi Philip, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Hi Philip. welcome to the 'Drome!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the 'Drome for across the pond!

Welcome aboard Phillip, from a stormy Doncaster

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I would like to add my welcome to you as well Phillip.
    You are among friends here and they may well be able to point you towards a few choice aircraft.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome back to the game and to the drome. Enjoy your games and do not forget to post some AAR's..

Welcome to the forum, Philip. I joined last month, so I’m a new guy too. The people on this forum are amazing! What is it about this game, that makes you want just one more plane? It’s like the blue crack on Breaking Bad.

Be sure to check the files section for some super useful downloads. Also, check the albums of some of the long time, most active member’s profiles. Your jaw will drop when you see what they create.

hi philip! im phillip. welcome to the drome!!!

Welcome to the 'Drome' Phillip! from a wet and windy West Yorkshire. That's a long way to go to visit a model shop! However you will find lots of kindred spirits on this forum and if you delve into the file section a massive amount of information on all sorts of subjects. Enjoy the game, fly safe and always watch your six,

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.

if you're looking for games, your timing is excellent for the next Over the Trenches solo campaign. Check it out here:
    Overall rules: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...Campaign-Rules

Rules specific to the next part of the campaign: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...Campaign-Rules

And finally, the Officers' Mess for the Cocky Young Men: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...cky-Young-Men-!

Send Flash a PM saying you want it, and whom you're flying for, if you want in.

welcome Philip

Just dive in n enjoy yerself