Ares Games

Thread: "Warfare" 2020 @ Reading, 14th/15th November

Default "Warfare" 2020 @ Reading, 14th/15th November

Calling UK Wing!

After the debacle of 2019's reorganisation of the "Warfare" show @ Reading, which saw many Participation Games and Demonstration Games being excluded in favour of more Tournaments, and the almost total lack of communication, the New Organiser has been replaced!

I have received an email from the New "New Organiser", enquiring as to whether the Aerodrome wants a table for November 2020 at the new venue, the Grandstand @ Ascot Racecourse.

I have spoken to Chris and Simon (yes, apparently there are "Sails" (!)) and they have confirmed their wish to attend.

I therefore propose to request 2 tables (one for WW1, one for Sails).

Please indicate your intention to attend - I know it's a long way off, but owing to the previous track record (Racecourse, geddit? ) I feel that we should get our foot in the door ASAP in case communications fail later.

I will attend both days for WW1.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 02-09-2020 at 08:23.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

It's a week after the Crisis show in Antwerp, so I'm not sure if I can get my leave card signed by the management yet
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Well, it would be rude not to accept that offer Tim ! Will confirm nearer the time but should be OK for one of the days, hopefully some of the lads from this end will make it over too.
    It's in the calendar
    Last edited by flash; 02-09-2020 at 08:45.

"He is wise who watches"

Not many 2 day shows left. Wish I could get down for one of these, bit far for a round trip, but will have to see what I can do.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I'm sure I'll be available for at least one of the days and only too happy to help out.

Looking at the website this appears to still be going ahead at the moment but on Wednesday 8th of July the committee were updating the members on where things were on planning for Warfare 2020 and what the current situation means.

Has anyone heard anything ?

https://www.wargamesreading.co.uk/category/warfare/

"He is wise who watches"

put me down for a day

I'm up for at least one of the days to play WW1. It would be good to meet some of the forum members in person.

Not that I am suffering withdrawl syptoms, but I wonder if Reading is within range of the drop tanks (320 miles round trip, 6 hours each way.... its a long way but i'd love to be there)

If its still on, I'll be there come hell or high water. Just need to know one way or the other

Sorry Guys but I will not be making this one. Tim, as you say, "it is a long way off" but for me also a long way away.

I hope to be able to do at least one day, Covid-19 and Long-Haired General permitting. Will confirm nearer the time.

Default Postponement of Warfare 2020 to 2021

Well I checked the website again as no one seemed to have heard anything and it appears it has been postponed ..

It is with great sadness that we have to announce the postponement of Warfare 2020 to 20201 due to the impact of the ongoing Covid-19 regulations. We have held on for as long as possible in the hope that the situation for events of this size would normalise, however we now need to make a decision in order to give everyone time to plan their activities in November.

We are moving on to making sure Warfare 2021 will be a success. Warfare 2021 will be on the weekend of November 27th and 28th. We will have the same Ascot Racecourse venue as was planned for this year and we are committed to making the most of the venue that will combine all the good things we have had in the past along with all of the new things we had planned for this year.
    We have a date for our diaries at least.

"He is wise who watches"

Doh

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Such a shame but totally understandable in the circumstances.

That's a shame, but hey ho, all for the best I guess

Yes, sad to hear it has fallen by the wayside.

I suppose that means no more events in the UK until 2021; "Beachhead" perhaps?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

It is sad but it is not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    ... I suppose that means no more events in the UK until 2021; "Beachhead" perhaps?
    Wouldn't count your chickens on that score Tim. Decision has yet to be made when I last spoke with Peter a couple of weeks back.

"He is wise who watches"

Another sad but not unexpected announcement, I bloody well hope things get sorted for 2021 we have missed too many events already

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    ...I suppose that means no more events in the UK until 2021; "Beachhead" perhaps?
    Spoke with Peter today and unless the BIC change their attitude on refunding booking fees if there's a lock-down scenario then there's a good chance there will be no Beachhead 2021 - Entoyment would not survive a hit of that magnitude, nor would most clubs come to that. We shall see though.

"He is wise who watches"

It’s a shame, but understandable

That's not good news for anybody Lets hope the BIC are persuaded to change their minds. After all, they have been paid for a service they have not provided haven't they?

Similar Missions

1. "Lame Duck" - 'Vapnartak' Show @ York, 02-02-2020
    By Flying Helmut in forum After Action Reports
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-12-2020, 12:22
  2. Warfare 2019: November 16 & 17, Reading
    By NeilCFord in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-13-2019, 11:48
  3. Warfare, Reading 14/15 November
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3