Ares Games
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: OTT Cocky Young Men Campaign 1916

Default OTT Cocky Young Men Campaign 1916

We have reached the end of the OTT Daring Young Men Campaign so for those interested we will be continuing the early war conflict with a new campaign that has the title of OTT - Cocky Young Men Campaign, which will commence on March 1st 2020.

This campaign will cover the period July/August/September 1916, a period of great change in WW1 air combat.
    I'm happy to provide the full admin for those that play and will be preparing documents/threads to assist us with that.

For this early period if some people want to stretch the storyline of the Bulldogs further then we have no objection to there being French or Belgian Bulldogs, or, Italian or Naval ones, come to that, and even A-H Eagles if you have the kit.

For the info of all Players:
    There will be four games to each campaign month eg 5th, 10th, 15th, 25th July but we will only play 1 game a month.
    This means that for the 3 months of the period we will get 12 months of gaming, we also get longer use of some of the kit. This also affects injury times for pilots and crew and there mauy be breaks in summer & at Christmas.

As usual, all those that play are expected to provide a scenario (or two) at some point.

If you want to join OTT Cocky Young Men campaign please check the rules sticky, particularly you old campaigners as some minor changes will be made.

Old campaigners of DYM will continue with their current rosters, your WIA will return to action, your KIA/POW are lost to history.

Those who wish to 'change ends' need to tell me so I may reverse or change your rosters.

If anyone has any questions this is the place to ask them.

The potential pilots (pending notification):

Dave (flash) - Bulldog
    Baz (Gullyraker) - Bulldog
    Mike (mikeemagnus) - Bulldog
    Paul (Tikkifriend) - Bulldog
    Peter (Teaticket) - Eagle
    Pete (Stumptonian) - Eagle
    John (Vagabond) - Bulldog
    Paul (ShadowDragon) - Bulldog
    Last edited by flash; 02-20-2020 at 09:36.

"He is wise who watches"

I will continue flying for the Kaiser in this campaign so that Huebner and Giesebrecht can (hopefully) get to second level ace and Lewis for the Bulldogs can make ace.

Hoping to see a few more Central pilots this go round.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I will continue flying for the Kaiser in this campaign so that Huebner and Giesebrecht can (hopefully) get to second level ace and Lewis for the Bulldogs can make ace.

Hoping to see a few more Central pilots this go round.
    Pete, unfortunately I have deserted the Emperor and will be defending the British Empire.

I will continue flying for the Kaiser in this campaign,,,
    Thanks Pete - when 12 is done I will 'make it so'
    Recruiting Eagle players is not the problem, keeping them is. We lost five this time round including Dale (RIP)

"He is wise who watches"

With the Kaiser in need of pilots I guess I'll answer the call. My ancestry has me at 50% German, 37.5% French, so back to Germany for me. I hope the Kaiser isn't too offended I flew for France for 3 months.

Great news!
    Glad to have you back on the right side.

And you will still have your awesome French planes to fly against.

I am up for this but would like to conclude the 9 missions of Daring Young men so my Eagle roster is up to date.

I understand time is of the essence but real life has thrown me a few curve balls and it will take me some time to complete those 9 and start the new campaign. I hope to have all 9 flown by mid-march though, if that is acceptable.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Great news!
    Glad to have you back on the right side.

And you will still have your awesome French planes to fly against.
    Sorry, Pete.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CYM RNAS Squadron.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	281722 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CYM RNAS Boucing the Hun.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	281723

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Sorry, Pete.....

Name:	CYM RNAS Squadron.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	281722 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CYM RNAS Boucing the Hun.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	281723
    Hey, stop that!

Great Nieuports Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I am up for this but would like to conclude the 9 missions of Daring Young men so my Eagle roster is up to date.

I understand time is of the essence but real life has thrown me a few curve balls and it will take me some time to complete those 9 and start the new campaign. I hope to have all 9 flown by mid-march though, if that is acceptable.

Neil
    Not really no. The DYM campaign is done but you're welcome to join the CYM campaign if you can make the time for it.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Hey, stop that!
    That's Dave's job to say that. I do realize I posted this on the wrong thread it should have been in the new mess thread but it was in response to your post which was here. So there!

Great Nieuports Paul.
    Thanks. Got four more to do for the campaign plus a couple of sopwith bombers and a couple of halberstadt d.iii. More Fokker E.III are on top of that.

Thumbs up

Dave I will continue to fly "C" Flight for the British Bulldogs with my current roster.
    Well except for any 2 seater crews that don't survive Mission 12 of DYM.

Thanks for the chance to finish but I will bow out of this and any future campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Thanks for the chance to finish but I will bow out of this and any future campaign.
    That's a shame Neil, I thought you came up with a couple of inovative scenarios, I'll miss the opportunity to play more of them.
    Having said that I'm using your scenarios on Sails for a few games and they're working well.

Have a great campaign lads, sorry I can't make the time there just isn't enough hours to get it all in before end of this month.

Real life's a bitch when it rears its ugly head but then, there are more important things which need done first.

Neil

There aren't enough hours to get it all in before halfway through next month either I suspect; pity you don't want to just take your lads through to the next campaign though.

"He is wise who watches"

Good news indeed I'll continue to fly for the RFC unless the Kaiser is desperately short of pilots, in which case I'd be happy to change sides for this one. Just let me know. Guess I'll need to prepare some new terrain boards too at some stage.

Happy days.

Uncle, the photo of the French "Uncle", on the campaign sticky, is showing as "Attachment ******" only.

Question: Under the morale section of the rules, are we including landing / crash landing in the game play area as a desperate means of escape, when faced with things like fire?

French & German aircraft info for CYM from Daryl:

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    Here is what I have for Escadrille counts using each plane type during the three-month period.

30 escadrilles: Caudron G.4 and a few older G.3 and new G.6 (Esc. 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 18, 27, 28, 30, 34, 39, 42, 43, 47, 51, 53, 56, 61, 64, 66, 74, 104, 105, 106, 122, 202, 207, 224, 227)
    27 escadrilles: Farman F.40 + some older MF.11s: (Esc. 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 14, 16, 19, 20, 35, 36, 40, 41, 44, 45, 50, 52, 54, 55, 58, 59, 60, 62, 63, 70, 71, 72)
    22 escadrilles: Nieuport 10+11, maybe some 12: (Esc. 3, 12, 15, 23, 26, 31, 37, 38, 48, 49, 57, 65, 67, 68, 69, 73, 75, 92, 102, 103, 112, 125)
    15 escadrilles: Farman F.40: (Esc. 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 208, 210, 211, 212, 215, 216, 218, 221, 228, 382)
    12 escadrilles: Voisin 5: (Esc. 21, 24, 84, 209, 220, 222, 223, 383, 385, 386, 388, 389)
    5 escadrilles: Farman MF.11: (Esc. 22, 25, 32, 33, 98)
    5 escadrilles: Breguet 4 plus some 2/BUC/BLC/5s: (Esc. 117, 118, 119, 120, 121)
    5 escadrilles: Voisin 3: (Esc. 17 [with Caudron G.4s], 101, 107, 108, 109)
    4 escadrilles: Voisin 4: (Esc. 110, 111, 113, 116)
    2 escadrilles: Farman F.40 transitioning to Sopwith Strutter (B1,B2) in September: (Esc. 29, 123)
    1 escadrille: Caproni CEP2 [French version of Ca.3/Ca.33]: (Esc. 115)
    1 escadrille: Caudron R.4: (Esc. 46)

Note that the Nieuport escadrilles mixed two-seaters in with their Nieuport 11s.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    Oh, and for the Germans, we have plane-counts from the 31 Aug 1916 Frontbestand reports:

C Class
    354 Albatros C.III
    220 L.V.G. C.II
    202 Rumpler C.I
    183 Aviatik C.I
    143 Albatros C.I
    65 Albatros C.V
    37 L.F.G. Roland C.II
    27 L.V.G. C.IV
    16 Ago C.I
    13 L.F.G. Roland C.IIa
    a few Alb C.VI, LVG C.I, DFW C.I, AEG C.I

D and E class
    64 Fokker E.III
    25 Fokker E.IV
    20 Halberstadt D.III
    17 Pfalz E.II
    16 Fokker D.II
    11 Pfalz E.I
    10 Fokker D.I
    7 Fokker D.III
    5 Halberstadt D.II
    5 Fokker E.II
    a few Fokker D.IV, Fokker E.I, Pfalz E.IV, and maybe the prototype Alb D.I and D.II

G class
    16 A.E.G. G.III
    7 Rumpler G.II
    4 A.E.G. G.II
    1 Gotha G.I
    Le French
    Attachment 282116
    Last edited by flash; 02-19-2020 at 06:57.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Uncle, the photo of the French "Uncle", on the campaign sticky, is showing as "Attachment ******" only.
    Wip. have to go over the pics again !

Hopefully I got it now - it may have been down to the site issues we've been having as it showed very differently to the other images it's next to.
    Last edited by flash; 02-10-2020 at 02:24.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Question: Under the morale section of the rules, are we including landing / crash landing in the game play area as a desperate means of escape, when faced with things like fire?
    It came up last campaign as an option to FRTB - and was used once. I may well delete it yet as by the time you lose altitude & land it may be too late to avoid pursuers & for fire !!

"He is wise who watches"

It came up last campaign as an option to FRTB - and was used once. I may well delete it yet as by the time you lose altitude & land it may be too late to avoid pursuers & for fire !!
    Fair comment

Oncle showing up nicely now

We're nearly there with the rosters chaps. We currently have two Kaiser's Eagles & probably seven Bulldogs. It makes no never mind to the campaign but if anybody wanted to switch sides or to join up with them - now would be the time to say so.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    We're nearly there with the rosters chaps. We currently have two Kaiser's Eagles & probably seven Bulldogs. It makes no never mind to the campaign but if anybody wanted to switch sides or to join up with them - now would be the time to say so.
    Not for me thanks, I'm sticking with my guys but count me in for the campaign.

I'm going where the sun shines brightly, I'm going where the sea is blue, I've seen it in the movies and I know it is true.

Basically I'm going to Spain for a couple of months, driving down there. Should have tinternet but won't have any planes so I'll be 1 or 2 months late with the 1st game, I'm up for 1 or 2 scenarios if you need them but not before June I'm afraid.

Noted John - have a luvverly time !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Not for me thanks, I'm sticking with my guys but count me in for the campaign.

I'm going where the sun shines brightly, I'm going where the sea is blue, I've seen it in the movies and I know it is true.

Basically I'm going to Spain for a couple of months, driving down there. Should have tinternet but won't have any planes so I'll be 1 or 2 months late with the 1st game, I'm up for 1 or 2 scenarios if you need them but not before June I'm afraid.
    Enjoy your time in the sun gazing at the sea so blue.

Glad to hear that el Vagabondo and his fellow desperados will still be flying the skies evading....er, search for the Hun.

If you are near Malaga or La Linea de la Concepcion check out the e-minis shops

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Hey, Pete and all you Eagles....

Name:	CYM RNAS Galbraith.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	282248

I still have 2 more Nieuport 11 and 2 Strutter bombers to do for the squadron but I think I need to do some Fokker EIII first. The ones I have keep getting shot down.

Dave you can pencil me in for a August 2020 scenario if its not spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    I'm up for a scenario too - for whenever you need a spot even March as I have one I've been working on.

Hey, Pete and all you Eagles....

What? You mean both of us?

What? You mean both of us?
    Or should that be “all you Petes”? Perhaps Mike is joining you.

Or should that be “all you Petes”? Perhaps Mike is joining you.
    Pete and RePete.

We're not afraid of your Nieuports or Strutters.

Name:	EIV.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	282251

Pete and RePete.

We're not afraid of your Nieuports or Strutters.

Name:	EIV.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	282251
    TOTAL FAKE!!!!

If you are near Malaga or La Linea de la Concepcion check out the e-minis shops
    Hi Paul, I don't think we will get down as far as Malaga, but I would like to get to Cabo de Gata near Almeria to see the desert before heading back north via Madrid.

We will be passing Brittany on our way south, spending a couple of days with an old schoolfriend who lives 15 miles NE of Fougeres, before heading to Rochforte to see the French Frigate Hermionie.

Never heard of the e-minis shop, is it something I should try and persuade Mrs V to see? Is it worth the risk?

Dave, wherever you need me for a scenario or two or three let me know.

Done, thanks Paul.

"He is wise who watches"

I'm up for a scenario too - for whenever you need a spot even March as I have one I've been working on.
    I have March - I have pencilled you in for May if that's OK Paul.

"He is wise who watches"

Dave, wherever you need me for a scenario or two or three let me know.
    Thanks Peter - Can you do something for April please ?

That should cover our first three months and give us a chance for more volunteers.
    I may have to work in a summer & Winter break yet.

"He is wise who watches"

.... Perhaps Mike is joining you.
    Sadly, the next potential recruit for the Eagles could have been Matt, he had been thinking about joining OTT, that's what we had been discussing recently amongst other things.
    Wish we'd had the opportunity, he was a fine gamer and will be greatly missed.

"He is wise who watches"

I have March - I have pencilled you in for May if that's OK Paul.
    That's absolutely fine.

Sadly, the next potential recruit for the Eagles could have been Matt, he had been thinking about joining OTT, that's what we had been discussing recently amongst other things.
    Wish we'd had the opportunity, he was a fine gamer and will be greatly missed.
    That is sad. Matt would have been fun in the OTT and he is missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Hi Paul, I don't think we will get down as far as Malaga, but I would like to get to Cabo de Gata near Almeria to see the desert before heading back north via Madrid.

We will be passing Brittany on our way south, spending a couple of days with an old schoolfriend who lives 15 miles NE of Fougeres, before heading to Rochforte to see the French Frigate Hermionie.

Never heard of the e-minis shop, is it something I should try and persuade Mrs V to see? Is it worth the risk?
    Well I hope the weather is kind to you in Brittany. Im about 35km from Lorient near Guemene sur scorff, a bit away from you.
    You will love the Hermione. Visited it a couple of years ago when it was moored at St Malo.
    Heres a link to the e minis website. They have a great range of all sorts, and the English versions are often on promo.
    Enjoy Spain
    e-minis.net

Thanks Peter - Can you do something for April please ?

That should cover our first three months and give us a chance for more volunteers.
    I may have to work in a summer & Winter break yet.
    Will do! 2nd week of July 1916.

Oh boy, thats sad to hear. I would have loved Matt in OTT. There will be many beers and tears at Origins this year.

Will do! 2nd week of July 1916.

Oh boy, thats sad to hear. I would have loved Matt in OTT. There will be many beers and tears at Origins this year.
    I was thinking that I might make Origins next - can't this year and that it would be an opportunity to meet fellow WoG-ers like Matt.

OK If it makes no difference to the campaign then I think I would prefer to remain with my lads in the RFC. Secondly, pencil me in for producing a mission, whenever you like - I promise to keep groundfire out of it or them

Next, sorry to see you go Neil. I thought your contribution was great, but I do understand the time constraints that life presents. A fond farewell, as they say, and see you around.

Finally, the news about Matt is very sad indeed. I had no idea he was intending to join us. RIP Harry "Matt56" Materne

G'day Chaps!
    Back on the Internet now after PC problems after I moved back home.

Dave I will be available mid year to do a Scenario.
    Got too much on my plate at present following the Fires.
    We lost our Machinery Clubs shed in the Mogo Fire & all our "toys" were badly damaged. Just arranged to lease an Industrial Unit in Moruya for 6 to 12 months to start cleaning up & seeing what can be restored but still waiting for clearance to get the engines out. The shed roof & stuff has to be lifted & removed first.

Good to hear you're back to it Baz. Look forward to your next mission.

Hope your restoration work isn't too exhaustive. sorry to hear of the damage but I guess it could have been worse.

Sorry to hear of your club problems Baz, but glad you and yours are safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    ....Dave I will be available mid year to do a Scenario.
    Stuck you down for September for now Baz. Thanks !

"He is wise who watches"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. OTT Daring Young Men Campaign 1916
    By flash in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 02-19-2020, 07:01
  2. AAR OTT Daring Young Men Mission 2, 14th January 1916, Coming and Going
    By mikeemagnus in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-22-2019, 09:34
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-19-2019, 07:27
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-22-2019, 15:09
  5. AAR OTT Daring Young Men Mission 1 Luftwachdienst – Sperrflug - 5th January 1916
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-21-2019, 11:34