Ares Games

Thread: Yeovil Model Show

Default Yeovil Model Show

Hi all,
    We have been invited back, to put on a participation game, at Yeovil Model Show, on Saturday 21st March 2020. Venue - Bucklers Mead Acadamy and LED Leisure Centre. 10a.m. to 4 p.m.

I cannot make this one myself, but Flash (Dave) has stepped up to the mark, as always, and says he'll try to rustle up enough followers to make it. I've informed the organisers and forwarded the details to Dave. So watch this space and please let Dave know if you can make it.
    Chau for now,
    Mike

I'm available to help Flash.

Thanks Andy, any more volunteers will be welcome.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Some great shows in the far South, alas beyond the reach of my fuel tanks...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Yikes!

This would mean 3 weekends in a row (WMMS, then Hammerhead, then Yeovil)

Work commitments might prevent my going to Yeovil (I've already committed to both of the other shows), but it's not impossible..............

I'll update when I know more.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I cant make this one Dave as I'm away, but would have loved to do it. Next one hopefully

Looks like it's me and Andy, hopefully with a couple of the Entoyment crew, so I have messaged ken we will attend.

OK - Things are changing rapidly all the time in this household
    So now I can also make Yeovil after all, Happy to pay the entry fee and I'll bring my gear along just in case, but that isn't intended to interfere with whatever you already have planned Dave. I'll aim to arrive by 9.00 am

Good news Mike. Planning ? Dogfights all day if the last outing is anything to go by !

Just over a week to go chaps - here is the latest communication from the organiser :-

"Welcome to YEOVIL MODEL SHOW
    21/03/2020 at Bucklers Mead Academy and LED Leisure
    Thank you for your interest in Yeovil model show I have had a fantastic response from clubs and traders, without you this would not be happening.
    I am pleased to let you know your stand will be in the SMALL SPORTS HALL and you need the FRONT entrance. I may a have a shortage of chairs this show if you have a chair you can bring please do.
    Wristbands can be collected on the day from the door.
    Open from 7.30 am till 6.00 pm.
    Some stands will not be set up in the sports hall at 7.30 due to part of the hall being use for a regular booking until closing time the evening before (There will be no one at the Academy until 7.30 to let us in) Open to public 10.00 am till 4.00 pm
    Bacon/sausage butties from 8.15 am
    Please be set up by 9.45 am
    Please do not dismantle stand till after 4.00 pm
    To help with parking it would be very helpful if after unloading those who are staying all day and don’t mind being blocked in, could park on the academy service roads to keep the car parks as clear as possible. Thank you in advance and see you on the day.
    How to get to bucklers mead academy and sports centre:
    A note on the address of the academy it is 1 St john’s road but the St john’s road entrance is now not in use. There are now 2 entrances with 2 car parks and 2 post codes.

From Dorchester
    Take the A 37 to Yeovil then you get to the roundabout at the top of Hendford hill (the quicksilver mail pub is directly in front of you ) take the 2nd exit down the hill A30 at the bottom of the hill at roundabout take the 2nd exit A30 along the duel carriageway to the next roundabout ( hospital in front of you ) take the 1st exit A37 at next roundabout take 3rd exit A359 toward Mudford at top off hill bear right about 300 yards by the co-op turn right into St Michaels avenue
    For the back entrance turn 1st left into Tower road follow the road to the bottom (yes it says a dead end) turn right the school gates are 50 yards in front of you through the gates there is a car park on the left if you have good to unload you can carry on past the building to the halls you can then park and unload next to the halls.
    For the front entrance turn 2nd left into Givele close BA21 4FE bear right you will see the academy on the left and the car park is just inside the gates.
    From Sherborne
    Take the A30 to Yeovil at the bottom of Babylon hill at the roundabout take the 2nd exit A30 into Yeovil past the pen mill hotel on your right to the traffic lights turn right in to Lyde road follow Lyde road to a roundabout take the 1st exit go to the end of Lyde road at its junction with the A359 Mudford road (Lyde road is a long road approximately 1.5 miles long) at the A359 junction turn left go past Fairmead school & college then
    For the back entrance take the 1st left into Tower road after 2 hundred yards turn left then to the bottom (yes it says a dead end) turn right the school gates are 50 yards in front of you through the gates there is a car park on the left if you have good to unload you can carry on past the building to the halls you can then park and unload next to the halls.
    For the front entrance take the 2nd turning on the left by the co-op down St Michaels avenue turn 2nd left into Givele close BA21 4 FE bear right you will see the academy on the left and the car park is just inside the gates.

From the A303 north or south
    Take the turning to Ilchester A37 at the roundabout take the 2nd exit A37 to Yeovil follow the road to the next roundabout take the 1st exit along Combe St Ln to the junction with A359 Mudford road turn left about 300 yards by the co-op turn right into st Michaels avenue
    For the back entrance turn 1st left into Tower road follow the road to the bottom (yes it says a dead end) turn right the school gates are 50 yards in front of you through the gates there is a car park on the left if you have good to unload you can carry on past the building to the halls you can then park and unload next to the halls.
    For the front entrance turn 2nd left into Givele close BA21 4 FE bear right you will see the academy on the left and the car park is just inside the gates

These are probably the easiest routs with the lest turn offs and best roads. I hope they are of help for those without Sat Nav. "

See you there

Mike

Update guys - I'm very sorry, but given my history of respiratory problems, I have now been advised not to attend any public events for the next couple of months. Which means I have to knock Yeovil on the head. If anyone else can take it on at this late stage, please let me know asap, so I can confirm details with the organiser. Otherwise I shall have to cancel our attendance.

Really sorry about this,

Mike

Got to look to your health first Mike, hopefully someone local can take the reins...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Update guys - I'm very sorry, but given my history of respiratory problems, I have now been advised not to attend any public events for the next couple of months. Which means I have to knock Yeovil on the head. If anyone else can take it on at this late stage, please let me know asap, so I can confirm details with the organiser. Otherwise I shall have to cancel our attendance.

Really sorry about this,

Mike
    We have it covered Mike... Let me know if they cancel the event !

Thanks Dave - Yea, I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

Yeovil Model show is officially cancelled

Next opportunity for this one will be six months from now if... etc etc

Sad news but probably for the best in the current circumstances.

Aah you beat me to it Dave - The message just came through on my phone. Sad, but as you say, Andy, probably best under the circumstances.

Stay well everyone

Similar Missions

1. South England Yeovil Model Show
    By mikeemagnus in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-04-2019, 12:05
  2. South England Yeovil Model Show 2019
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-25-2019, 00:05
  3. World War 1 in Miniature Model Show
    By zenlizard in forum Hobby Room