Ares Games

Thread: Airfix WW1 Infantry

Default Airfix WW1 Infantry

Hi All,

Has anyone painted the Airfix WW1 infantry figures pack? I am unsure of the colours to use for these models as I know the uniform is a Khaki green but any idea what version is best to use?

I want to create a WW1 diorama, so could end up painting a few of these sets!

Thanks.
    Chris

I haven't painted them in years but last time I did you had to prime them somehow so the paint would not peel. I would dip mine in lacker and when painted the paint stuck. I did this with my Italarie 1/72 figures.

Thanks Bob.. I have heard they aren't the easiest of figures to paint, but can be quite effective if you get them right! I guess it won't hurt to "have a go" and see what happens.. You'd think that Airfix would have made it easier for people to paint them as that is what they are designed for after all :-)

I have a vague memory of someone saying somewhere long ago to coat them in PVA wood glue first but my memory sometimes plays tricks on me

Chris, last time I painted Khaki I used Humbrol 26 Khaki, by the time it has had washes, drybrushes & a coat of clear to protect it it looks OK. Mate of mine used black undercoat with Humbrol 29 Dark Earth over to good effect with washes etc also.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Try Vallejo green-brown too. Then nuln oil wash.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Similar Missions

1. WGF Building an Airfix Sopwith Pup
    By Willi in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-07-2019, 06:38
  2. Airfix Quickbuilds
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 01:11
  3. Airfix 1/72 BE2c
    By flash in forum Hobby Room