Ares Games

Thread: New Member from Fareham, Hampshire..

Cool New Member from Fareham, Hampshire..

Hi All,

New pilot to the forum reporting for duty!

I have been playing non-competitive games with my son for a couple of years now and have only just come across this forum, full of fellow like minded pilots :-) We play a mixture of WGF & WGS depending on what mood we are in, and have now started to introduce the more advanced rules to him as he is now 10 years old and have to start slowing down his defeats against me!

Having been lucky enough to purchase the now hard to come by duel packs, we were up and running dog fighting in no time.. I've also been playing the solo WGF rules as well and really enjoy the fact you can play against a dice and computer for that added enjoyment.

The only frustration I have, which is shared by many is the lack of aircraft availability of certain models, which makes them expensive if you'd like to add them to the collection. One of the aircraft I've been after for a long time is the P51 to go with the B25 Mitchell, but I may be better to take my chance with the lottery!

Anyway, thanks for reading and look forward to seeing some of you at Entoyment event in Feb!

Happy flying..

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris.

Default Welcome

Welcome to the 'Drome' Chris from a misty West Yorkshire (near Pontefract). There is a great deal you can learn from the Files section and if it's not there yo can just ask and someone somewhere will almost certainly have the answer!

Fly safe ans always watch your six!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Chris, from here near Norwich.

Hi Chris, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the Drome Chris. Always worth posting here on the forum if you're looking for a particular model. Some members seem to be prepared to part with some of their plastic children. 😮 Look forward to meeting you in person at Flight Club in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Welcome to the Drome Chris. Always worth posting here on the forum if you're looking for a particular model. Some members seem to be prepared to part with some of their plastic children. �� Look forward to meeting you in person at Flight Club in February.
    Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for that.. I will pop a post up to see if anyone has a couple on my most wanted list :-)

Thanks,
    Chris

Welcome to the 'drome Chris, we have a table at Beachhead in Bournemouth, if you're going along to that event come and say hello.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Welcome to the 'drome Chris, we have a table at Beachhead in Bournemouth, if you're going along to that event come and say hello.
    Thanks Dave, I'll certainly come and say hi! :-)

Welcome to the 'Drome!

Welcome to the 'Drome, Chris!

I can bring a spare P-51 or two to "Beachhead" or "Flight Club III" for you...………………..
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

welcome to the "Drome" enjoy your stay

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Welcome to the 'Drome, Chris!

I can bring a spare P-51 or two to "Beachhead" or "Flight Club III" for you...………………..
    Careful Tim, you'll make me get all excited :-) If you have some "spare" ones, i'll bite your hand off...

I'm coming down to Entoyment as I have a friend who is a 40k'r and told me that he saw a WOG demo/stand :-)

Quote Originally Posted by atc_engineer View Post
    If you have some "spare" ones, i'll bite your hand off...
    I'm at work at the moment, but I'm fairly sure I have spares of two out of the three paint schemes (I'm keeping all my "Red-Tails" for myself!

I'm at work at the moment, but I'm fairly sure I have spares of two out of the three paint schemes (I'm keeping all my "Red-Tails" for myself!
    Ok.. that's great if you do...

let me know how much you want for them :-)

Welcome from Devon Chris. Hope to meet you at Flight club some time, although sadly it will not be at the next gathering. Enjoy

(Welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the states.

In addition to 'official' minis, you can also check out various alternative sources, such as Shapeways...several of the members here on the forums have their own shops there.

Welcome aboard, Chris. Glad your posting issues got sorted out.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Chris. Sounds like you are in good hands and have lots of venues to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Welcome aboard, Chris. Glad your posting issues got sorted out.
    Thank very much Pete for the welcome.. Yes, there was an issue with my location/IP address that stop the registration process, but glad its all sorted now!

Welcome aboard Chris, I am glad we managed to get everything sorted, apologies for the delay. Hope you find all the info you need and that you also find as many new friends as I have. I am sure some of the chaps will be able to help you with your collection as well. Hope to see you at a show soon.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Another welcome to you Chris from me in Bristol. Pop along and say hi if you attend Beachead, I will be on a table next to the flying chappies playing with the saily thingies

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Another welcome to you Chris from me in Bristol. Pop along and say hi if you attend Beachead, I will be on a table next to the flying chappies playing with the saily thingies
    Thanks Chris :-) How does a saily thing fly?!?

Thanks Chris :-) How does a saily thing fly?!?
    Badly...

welcome to the drome Chris!!!

Depends if Tim gets to them, but they fly as good as the Sopwith Trirubbish does.
    Well Chris I also play Sails of Glory, if you not heard of it, this is the Napoleonic Naval version of the system

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Depends if Tim gets to them, but they fly as good as the Sopwith Trirubbish does.
    Well Chris I also play Sails of Glory, if you not heard of it, this is the Napoleonic Naval version of the system
    Yes, I know about Sails of Glory :-) I fully understand the Flying V getting wet humour! I live in Fareham within spitting distance of HMS Victory and the Mary Rose, both of which have an issue leaving the ground ;-)

I’m sure I’ll enjoy watching the demo at Beachhead.... looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Badly...
    😂

Yes, I know about Sails of Glory :-) I fully understand the Flying V getting wet humour! I live in Fareham within spitting distance of HMS Victory and the Mary Rose, both of which have an issue leaving the ground ;-)

I’m sure I’ll enjoy watching the demo at Beachhead.... looking forward to it!
    It's not a demo - it's a Participation Game!
    Join in - we're always looking for new victims (sorry - wingmen!)

It's not a demo - it's a Participation Game!
    Join in - we're always looking for new victims (sorry - wingmen!)
    I’m more that happy to join in :-) Be good to run the altitude rules etc.. I’m yet to introduce this side of the rules to my son yet... need a quicker game before his technology gets him!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Badly...
    Come now Wingco! They don't even sail very well across the land as you well know.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the drome

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Come now Wingco! They don't even sail very well across the land as you well know.

Rob.
    Pesky islands

Hi from another ATC type

Similar Missions

1. Massachusetts New Hampshire - Newbie
    By david5272 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:00
  2. National: New Hampshire Reporting In
    By Savoir Faire in forum US Wing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 05:12
  3. National: Any members from New Hampshire/Vermont?
    By bridder01 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2014, 04:57
  4. National: Hello from frozen northern New Hampshire
    By bridder01 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 10:43
  5. 2013 Origins member's tribute to 2014 member one
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:37