Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Database Error

Default Database Error

For the last week or so I get intermittent "Database Error" messages when attempting to view the forum.

Anyone else getting them>

Yep, me an' all - annoying ain't it !
    I just got another posting this !

"He is wise who watches"

Yes -- I've just been getting them for the first time today.....arrgh!

They have been cropping up, more and more. I was just going to post or PM something. I've been noticing it for a few days, at least.

There may be an instability in the database, or the server, causing the issue. It might be related to peak activity, too. Just speculating, here, though.

PS: It isn't when logging on. It is random pages that show up with "Database Error" messages. I can even hit the back button and retry, and it will provide the requested page. Sometimes.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I got them last week; I emailed Keith, and he said he had no problem getting on. I figured it was an AT&T thing. I am getting some really slow loadings online the last few weeks.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I'm getting it to, and it's very annoying

I've also been hampered lately with these. It can take several tries to be able to even get on the site, nevermind login.

I noticed it the other day for the first time when I was doing some Admin.
    Left it for a few minutes and it seemed to clear up, but today it started again. I then got it on Sails so assumed it was something at my end. Our Router is prone to this at times of excessive usage in our locality. It is obviously something to look at.
    I will pass this on to Keith if I can stay on long enough to get to my PMs.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I had trouble getting on at certain points over the weekend, and also received a few texts asking if the site was down, so guessing the issue was quite widespread.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

It's been happening to me for 4 or 5 days now - today seemed Ok until around 15:00ish, when it started again.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Just happened to me again today, too - when I try to access a thread through the Forum right-hand side column where 'new' posts 'highlight' a thread in each section. I tried it with this thread, and it happened again. But if I go to the 'Officers Club' and open it through the main thread, I have had no problems...

All the best,
    Matt

I got it once only (out of ten)

It's been happening to me for five or more days, especially when trying to use the search function to find a thread.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

I got one a few hours ago, the first I've seen. I thought it mighta been because I was trying to jump ten pages back in an old thread, but shmaybe not. I tried again and the jump worked. Just the one time, so far, and I've come onto this site a lot over the past month or so.

I now usually get the Database Error when trying to use the link to the aerodrome in an email. I can also get it when I try to get here with other windows or tabs open when online. If I come to the aerodrome as the only window open it almost never happens.

I get it from both PC and iPhone.

No real pattern that I can discern, but quite often it is from an email notification.

had it happen a couple times to me, but not a lot thankfully.

I am forwarding this answer I just got from Keith.

Rob.

I noticed it once the other day as well. It was not a site/server issue, but an general network/hosting issue. Something we will need to keep an eye on, but nothing we can do about it right now.

Fly safe,

Keith

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ivan
    Sorties Flown

I have been getting this error multiple times per day over the past week.

Been happening to me over last week too. Several times in last few minutes.....
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I have experienced it too. I thought that it might be my computer but, since all of you have experienced it, there must be another explanation.

Question

Yes happened to me yesterday & today but when I "refreshed" the page it took me to the Forum.

What really concerns me now is getting well into posting a large AAR and having this pop up ....

Until the Network Providers sort it out, I intend to post any long items in installments, and do what I advised my Kids at school to do years ago. Save a copy after every paragraph.

Rob.

This comes up as part of the DB error window
    The www.wingsofwar.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persist
    There must be a slew of notifications somewhere 'cos the problem is persisting !

"He is wise who watches"

Had 'Database Error' messages three times immediately before finally logging in today!

I just had it while trying to read this thread - somewhat ironic but it came good after 3 tries!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This comes up as part of the DB error window
    The www.wingsofwar.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persist

There must be a slew of notifications somewhere 'cos the problem is persisting !
    I wonder who those messages go to (if they in fact do get sent)

Flaky again this morning, although a Refresh did clear it once for me today.
    Usually that has done nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I get it from both PC and iPhone.

No real pattern that I can discern, but quite often it is from an email notification.
    PC and android here. Email notifiations & saved bookmarks.

I could not get on at all yesterday evening the database error kicked me out.

Not a single error this afternoon.

Multiple errors this evening - took almost half an hour to post this, and I can't raise any links from PM notifications................

Database Error there and back for last 3 days. The last one 30 min ago.

Having been getting these all day, so much so that it was impossible to get on the site until now.

Got my first one tonight while trying to post to a thread. (have AT and T). Could be a problem with the web or just ATT being substandard as normal.

Been getting at least two or three a day for the past week. Particularly bad yesterday and couldn't get on to the forum at all.

Once I got on yesterday, it took me 15 attempts to log off!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I haven't had one of them in the past couple of days...but now that I have said this, I imagine they will start cropping up again...

All the best,
    Matt

I had one, just a few minutes ago; probably sparked by my post above!

I'm still looking into this guys. If you can keep a track of the date and time you get them that might help me out. I can use that info to check to see if there were any server intense activities going on. So if you don't mind, keep track of when you see this happen over the weekend and post up Sunday night or Monday morning with your list.

Thanks guys.

Ironically, I got hit with the database error (0935 ET, 24 January 2020) when trying to view the database error thread.

No problem here so far today, and the general log on speed time is also much faster, but yesterday evening I just had to give up, it was every few minutes.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I'm still looking into this guys. If you can keep a track of the date and time you get them that might help me out. I can use that info to check to see if there were any server intense activities going on. So if you don't mind, keep track of when you see this happen over the weekend and post up Sunday night or Monday morning with your list.

Thanks guys.
    Got one at 11:10 just now (24 Jan) trying to post to this thread! I use Chrome. I also have gotten them with Firefox. I also get them consistently while using the link from my email, AOL.

Just got a database error trying to open a thread from the what's new page at 3:30pm 24 Jan.

5:52 p.m. CST, Jan. 24, attempting to open "What's New?"

10:17 p.m. cst, Jan. 24, main page

12:12 p.m. CST, Jan 25, Home page
    Last edited by Caveman; 01-25-2020 at 10:27.

I just received multiple "database errors" when trying to log in around 10:40pm CST on Jan 24

Just got one at 1:44 EST 1/25/20

Just got my third of the day when linking to this thread from email notification.

I am keeping a log, as Keith requested, and will post on Sunday evening.
    Just got another when attempting to add a 'smiley' to this reply.

had a few more, but refreshing got me connected normally.

Got one a few hours ago trying to post a pic on the January thread. Beginning to wonder if it is line traffic in the Pacific on the net from the China Issue going on right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Starship Schematics Database
    By BwanaJoe in forum BSG: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2019, 20:32
  2. WW1 Aircraft database
    By Honza in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2018, 23:57
  3. Error When Checking Out
    By fast.git in forum Aerodrome Accessories