Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poor quality of recent planes

Quote Originally Posted by monse View Post
    No luck with the SE.5a lottery :
    1) Upperwing askew, so struts are not glued to the wings.
    2) Undercart interfering with peg attachment.
    3) Underwing not fixed to fuselage and strut (on one side).

Attachment 292875

But everything can be improved with glue in a few minutes.
    Removal of the SE.5 (Bishop) upper wing :

Attachment 292876

1) Upper wing glued in a correct position.
    2) Rear part of the undercart is glued to its original position.
    3) Left strut is glued to the lower wing and both wings are hold together with two fingers during 5 minutes to be sure it is properly fixed.

They look better now :

Attachment 292878
    that is absolutely unacceptable manufacturing. they are not being sold as discounted factory seconds, this should not exist. nice repairs monse.

Default plane "quality"

To expand a bit more on what I'm thinking about this......Ares are not selling planes as modelers kits, they are selling planes as battle-ready product, after you spends yer money, to take to the air and fight. ppl playing wings of glory that want kits have Valom. I have started ONE, and not finished it, as it's obvious it's going to take a LONG time to make a proper model. Not looking for that challenge, Roberto, when I open a brand new box from Ares. This is first thread I've seen with comment from someone from Ares (Roberto), so here goes:
    1) why no balloons? How much demand must you get before more of these models will be made? A simple statement, "we will be re-issuing balloons in 20xx", would go a long way.
    2) why no fokker DVII's? If you only make ONE, make it Goering, I can just buy 40 or so of those and start re-creating the Jastas I want. Again, how much demand for a product is required before you even consider a new batch? Certainly you are aware that these are going for $50 to $150 US for ONE plane? As a person who owns ONE DVII (sold to me as a favor, at a reasonable price), I can tell you that my first batch of Shapeways DVII's have arrived, they are MUCH better than I thought possible, and every single one I buy from them will be one I COULD have bought from Ares!
    3) why no "collector" issues as mentioned either here or another thread. 6-plane sets of aces from Germany,Britain,France, and USA in my guess would sell out, especially if at least half the planes were of aces not previously released.
    4) why no re-issue on the terrain maps? especially the trenches? No NEED for this?
    5) why not boxes containing the BASE of various models? (I have use models that the bases have been destroyed by previous owner CEMENTING the pegs to the base, and they didn't even use the right glue) Individual packs of maneuver cards? And most importantly, ace cards for aces you have no intention (at THIS time) to publish (you can of course change your mind there, no harm done)
    6) why no ground models? flak guns, artillery batteries, supply dumps etc. am I the only person who would buy these?
    (short backstory on the person asking you these Q's Roberto.....new to WoG, about 9 months in, 50 planes so far, but a wargamer for 58 of my 71 years)
    If by chance you reply to this Roberto, I thank you VERY much.

Do you have any idea how many Nexus and Ares WW1 & WW 2 miniatures have been produced per series ?

I don't think there ARE any records left from the Nexus days, and even in the recent runs the batch size would almost certainly be close-hold Company Proprietary.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Thanks
    Generally it is not a secret for Tamiya, Revell Corgi etc , I was an project manager for the brand of international Die Cast 1/48 1/72 : Solido / War Master , we were on at least 5,000 unit molds to be profitable , I was just curious to know in case ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brak Morn View Post

5) why not boxes containing the BASE of various models? (I have use models that the bases have been destroyed by previous owner CEMENTING the pegs to the base, and they didn't even use the right glue) Individual packs of maneuver cards? And most importantly, ace cards for aces you have no intention (at THIS time) to publish (you can of course change your mind there, no harm done)

Ace cards... Those could be had, with a bit of guidance? There are some custom cards on this Forum.

Sample: OldGuy59's Wings of PragueCon 2019 Album - Allmenroder Card
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 04-12-2021 at 17:55.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Best quality decals
    By Walter Nowotny in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 13:07
  2. Poor-Man’s Gimbal Mounts
    By Redtop in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2016, 11:28
  3. Western Front: Was the Albatros DVa poor at climbing?
    By Nicola Zee in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 01:36
  4. Are some planes poor choices without altitude rules?
    By bmwrider in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 09:23
  5. Shapeways? Poor service? Am I alone on this?
    By pflanzer in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 05:46