Ares Games

Thread: Atmospheric Spitfire pic.

Exclamation Atmospheric Spitfire pic.

Been a while since I posted a pic & found this great shot yesterday.
    Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a Spitfire.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	280941

Beauuuuuuutiful! I hope that reads as I want it to.

Gorgeous, Baz.
    Good to see you posting your finds again.

Lovely!

Thanks, Baz!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

N-i-ice. 129 (Mysore) Squadron...
    This'll interest Baz as he likes planes, car racing & he's an Aussie:
    I've seen a game skin attributed to DV-A in the name of Frederick Anthony Owen "Tony" Gaze, DFC & Two Bars, OAM (3 February 1920 – 29 July 2013) an Australian fighter pilot (and racing driver) who flew with 129 in '43. Looks like he had exciting airforce & racing careers !
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gaze

"He is wise who watches"

Great photograph, Barry!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    N-i-ice. 129 (Mysore) Squadron...
    This'll interest Baz as he likes planes, car racing & he's an Aussie:
    I've seen a game skin attributed to DV-A in the name of Frederick Anthony Owen "Tony" Gaze, DFC & Two Bars, OAM (3 February 1920 – 29 July 2013) an Australian fighter pilot (and racing driver) who flew with 129 in '43. Looks like he had exciting airforce & racing careers !
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gaze
    Thanks for that Dave!
    I have read his biography & he certainly lived life to the full & lived to a ripe old age. He married Diana the widow of Lex Davidson one of out top racing drivers from the 60's & early 70's. Tony Gaze drove in many post war British GP's etc & continued his racing career out here.

Another top pic Barry. Thanks.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad to see you posting gorgeous pics again, Baz! This one is another stunner Nice background info, too, Dave

All the best,
    Matt

very nice! puts ones head right in the clouds!

Good to hear from you Baz, and what a splendid picture to start the ball rolling again.
    How did you fare during your banishment from the Holy Land. Sounds as if the pillar of fire was following you rather than the other way around. Did the farm escape entirely? and do you need any help recouping stock, crops or suchlike? Is your personal machinery OK? I was so sorry to hear about the Museum.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good to hear from you Baz, and what a splendid picture to start the ball rolling again.
    How did you fare during your banishment from the Holy Land. Sounds as if the pillar of fire was following you rather than the other way around. Did the farm escape entirely? and do you need any help recouping stock, crops or suchlike? Is your personal machinery OK? I was so sorry to hear about the Museum.
    Rob.
    G'day Rob!
    All AOK at the farm which has been stockless since I sold my horses.
    Only got some pet Silver Appleyard ducks & local wildlife (Roos, Wallabys & birds)
    The fires only got within 5 to 6 Ks of me so I was blessed.
    Got spoilt rotten in Sydney & saw 1917 & Ford Vs Ferrari at the Cinema. Craig drove me around my old boyhood haunts in Sydney, the Rocks area etc & had a beer at the Lord Nelson pub which was built back in the early 1800's.
    Looking forward to playing Mission 12 by the weekend.

That's great news Baz.
    Talking of missions, I am about to resurrect Kyte in Malta in later life with the role of Air Commodore, Special Ops. after his between the wars stint in Raymond's Funny ops office. Could you think of a way to introduce Ex Major Triggers into a few of my scenarios in his own later life and a higher rank, so they can have a little interplay.

Rob.

Really nice photo!Thanks for posting!

Thumbs up

That's great news Baz.
    Talking of missions, I am about to resurrect Kyte in Malta in later life with the role of Air Commodore, Special Ops. after his between the wars stint in Raymond's Funny ops office. Could you think of a way to introduce Ex Major Triggers into a few of my scenarios in his own later life and a higher rank, so they can have a little interplay.

Rob.
    Sounds a plan. Maybe he has joined Intelligence Service with the rank of Major or even Colonel.

If I remember the Wings series correctly, Captain Triggers' family owned an aircraft factory. Perhaps he could appear introducing a top secret new aircraft.

That was what I was hoping you could agree to or something on those lines Baz, Maybe we can work out a scenario to re introduce Triggers between us. no rush, as I expect you have much more vital stuff to get done first. I just wanted to run the idea past you before I spend ant more money on Rommel's tanks for the Desert project where it looks as if Blaney, Bouncer Smythe et al are destined to end up. Et Al Oasis! Now that is an idea.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    If I remember the Wings series correctly, Captain Triggers' family owned an aircraft factory. Perhaps he could appear introducing a top secret new aircraft.
    Certainly something we could give some thought to Dave. If not Triggers himself, then maybe one of his family, but that would obviously be down to Baz to work upon. i don't want to step on anyone's toes!
    Thanks.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

Certainly something we could give some thought to Dave. If not Triggers himself, then maybe one of his family, but that would obviously be down to Baz to work upon. i don't want to step on anyone's toes!
    Thanks.
    Rob.
    Not a problem Rob!
    You have Cart Blanch with our esteemed Triggers provided you dont get him killed.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2019, 11:16
  2. The First Spitfire
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2018, 16:42
  3. Another great atmospheric Corsair pic.
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 02:53
  4. WGSF Spitfire XIV
    By Foz in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 14:07
  5. Want to buy a Spitfire?
    By Degordon in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 10:28