Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Atmospheric Spitfire pic.

  1. #1

    Exclamation Atmospheric Spitfire pic.

    Been a while since I posted a pic & found this great shot yesterday.
    Enjoy!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a Spitfire.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	280941

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  2. #2

    Default

    Beauuuuuuutiful! I hope that reads as I want it to.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston S. Churchill

  3. #3

    Default

    Gorgeous, Baz.
    Good to see you posting your finds again.

  4. #4

    Default

    Lovely!

    Thanks, Baz!

  5. #5

    Default

    N-i-ice. 129 (Mysore) Squadron...
    This'll interest Baz as he likes planes, car racing & he's an Aussie:
    I've seen a game skin attributed to DV-A in the name of Frederick Anthony Owen "Tony" Gaze, DFC & Two Bars, OAM (3 February 1920 – 29 July 2013) an Australian fighter pilot (and racing driver) who flew with 129 in '43. Looks like he had exciting airforce & racing careers !
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gaze

    "He is wise who watches"

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    N-i-ice. 129 (Mysore) Squadron...
    This'll interest Baz as he likes planes, car racing & he's an Aussie:
    I've seen a game skin attributed to DV-A in the name of Frederick Anthony Owen "Tony" Gaze, DFC & Two Bars, OAM (3 February 1920 – 29 July 2013) an Australian fighter pilot (and racing driver) who flew with 129 in '43. Looks like he had exciting airforce & racing careers !
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gaze
    Thanks for that Dave!
    I have read his biography & he certainly lived life to the full & lived to a ripe old age. He married Diana the widow of Lex Davidson one of out top racing drivers from the 60's & early 70's. Tony Gaze drove in many post war British GP's etc & continued his racing career out here.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  8. #8

    Default

    Another top pic Barry. Thanks.

  9. #9

    Default

    Glad to see you posting gorgeous pics again, Baz! This one is another stunner Nice background info, too, Dave

    All the best,
    Matt

  10. #10

    Default

    very nice! puts ones head right in the clouds!

  11. #11

    Default

    Good to hear from you Baz, and what a splendid picture to start the ball rolling again.
    How did you fare during your banishment from the Holy Land. Sounds as if the pillar of fire was following you rather than the other way around. Did the farm escape entirely? and do you need any help recouping stock, crops or suchlike? Is your personal machinery OK? I was so sorry to hear about the Museum.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  12. #12

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Good to hear from you Baz, and what a splendid picture to start the ball rolling again.
    How did you fare during your banishment from the Holy Land. Sounds as if the pillar of fire was following you rather than the other way around. Did the farm escape entirely? and do you need any help recouping stock, crops or suchlike? Is your personal machinery OK? I was so sorry to hear about the Museum.
    Rob.
    G'day Rob!
    All AOK at the farm which has been stockless since I sold my horses.
    Only got some pet Silver Appleyard ducks & local wildlife (Roos, Wallabys & birds)
    The fires only got within 5 to 6 Ks of me so I was blessed.
    Got spoilt rotten in Sydney & saw 1917 & Ford Vs Ferrari at the Cinema. Craig drove me around my old boyhood haunts in Sydney, the Rocks area etc & had a beer at the Lord Nelson pub which was built back in the early 1800's.
    Looking forward to playing Mission 12 by the weekend.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  13. #13

    Default

    That's great news Baz.
    Talking of missions, I am about to resurrect Kyte in Malta in later life with the role of Air Commodore, Special Ops. after his between the wars stint in Raymond's Funny ops office. Could you think of a way to introduce Ex Major Triggers into a few of my scenarios in his own later life and a higher rank, so they can have a little interplay.

    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  14. #14

    Default

    Really nice photo!Thanks for posting!

  15. #15

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That's great news Baz.
    Talking of missions, I am about to resurrect Kyte in Malta in later life with the role of Air Commodore, Special Ops. after his between the wars stint in Raymond's Funny ops office. Could you think of a way to introduce Ex Major Triggers into a few of my scenarios in his own later life and a higher rank, so they can have a little interplay.

    Rob.
    Sounds a plan. Maybe he has joined Intelligence Service with the rank of Major or even Colonel.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  16. #16

    Default

    If I remember the Wings series correctly, Captain Triggers' family owned an aircraft factory. Perhaps he could appear introducing a top secret new aircraft.

  17. #17

    Default

    That was what I was hoping you could agree to or something on those lines Baz, Maybe we can work out a scenario to re introduce Triggers between us. no rush, as I expect you have much more vital stuff to get done first. I just wanted to run the idea past you before I spend ant more money on Rommel's tanks for the Desert project where it looks as if Blaney, Bouncer Smythe et al are destined to end up. Et Al Oasis! Now that is an idea.

    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    If I remember the Wings series correctly, Captain Triggers' family owned an aircraft factory. Perhaps he could appear introducing a top secret new aircraft.
    Certainly something we could give some thought to Dave. If not Triggers himself, then maybe one of his family, but that would obviously be down to Baz to work upon. i don't want to step on anyone's toes!
    Thanks.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  19. #19

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Certainly something we could give some thought to Dave. If not Triggers himself, then maybe one of his family, but that would obviously be down to Baz to work upon. i don't want to step on anyone's toes!
    Thanks.
    Rob.
    Not a problem Rob!
    You have Cart Blanch with our esteemed Triggers provided you dont get him killed.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians



Similar Missions

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2019, 12:16
  2. The First Spitfire
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2018, 17:42
  3. Another great atmospheric Corsair pic.
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 03:53
  4. WGSF Spitfire XIV
    By Foz in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 15:07
  5. Want to buy a Spitfire?
    By Degordon in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 11:28

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •