Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: I am Back!

  1. #1

    Smile I am Back!

    G'day All!
    Just wanted to let you know that I returned to Moruya yesterday afternoon after spending 10 days with my grand daughter Louise & her husband Craig at their unit in Sydney.
    Checked out the Farm & House & all is AOK.
    Just had to clean out the Fridge/freezer of all food due to the power outages.
    Internet & phone now all OK as well.
    I still have a fire burning to the South & East of me but it is being controlled.
    Many, many thanks for all the good wishes from my Forum friends & to Zoe for keeping you informed.
    With a bit of luck I might get to play Mission 12 of the OTT Solo campaign over next weekend.
    Still sleeping at my daughters place in town but should be finally fully back here on Wednesday.

    Cheers Baz.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  2. #2

    Default

    Great to hear that all is well with you!

  3. #3

    Default

    Fantastic news Baz. Great to that hear your home is ok. Hopefully life can get back to near normal in the near future.

    If you get to play mission 12, before starting please take out all the fire cards.

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Guntruck's Avatar Central England Command Squadron Leader & Librarian
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Steve
    Location
    Right here!
    Sorties Flown
    10,269
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default

    Great news Baz. Sorry the machinery club took a hit.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

  6. #6

    Default

    Great to hear that Baz and you have comms, so things are better than anticipated.

    "He is wise who watches"

  7. #7

    matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Matt
    Location
    Ohio
    Sorties Flown
    4,107
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default

    Great news, Barry! I'm sure it feels good to be home again and to have dodged the burn - as Steve says, sorry to hear about the tractor club's losses... Fingers crossed there isn't a resurgence of things...

    All the best,
    Matt

  8. #8

    Default

    Much relief, glad to hear it.

  9. #9

    Default

    Glad you ok. Take it easy cleaning up.

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Default

    Fantastic news Baz!

    More room now in the fridge for a few extra tinnies!

  12. #12

    Default

    Great to see you back in action.
    I had not heard about your machinery club’s troubles- sorry to hear that.

  13. #13

    Default

    Important thing is you are safe, welcome home.

  14. #14

    Default

    As all others said god that all is good with you and yours. Great to have you back.

  15. #15

    Default

    Happy to read this, Barry.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  16. #16

    Default

    Pretty good news, Barry. It's good fire missed tie farm. Crossing fingers for regeneration of your (Australian) landscape and nature.

  17. #17

    Northern Command Squadron Leader.
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Blog Entries
    10
    Name
    Neil
    Location
    Northumberland
    Sorties Flown
    11,671
    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default

    Glad all is ok with you Barry.

    Been following this a lot as I have relations in Melbourne, Castlemaine and my best mate Andrew (Rollover) at Port Arlington.

    Be well and for mission 12 take out all fire/explosion cards and remove all incendiary bullets from guns.

    Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

  18. #18

    Default

    Excellent news, Barry. I'm very glad the worst to deal with at home is the stored food
    Sorry to hear about the machinery losses. Was the clubs' stock totaled?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

  19. #19

    Default

    I am glad to hear that your Farm and House are o.k., apart from the food that was spoiled, Barry, and that you will soon be home permanently.

  20. #20

    Default

    welcome back baz. im glad youre safe and sound.

  21. #21

    Default

    Very glad to hear from you, old buddy!

    Moreover, we here in my country were thinking of you and supporting you, Australia, in many forms.
    Yesterday was an annual charity day called The Great Orchestra of Holiday Help, organized for the 28th time. Since 2017 my daughter and me have been collecting money walking the streets whole Sunday, facing cold and wind, but extremely happy.
    I love those days and for me personally, they mean much more than Xmas. The money we collect is spent on hospital equipment, mostly for infants and kids. Over 100.000.000 PLN are collected each year and every year marks a higher sum!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200112-WA0028.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	280576

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200112-WA0041.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	280577

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1578867572777.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	280582


    This year a 1.000.000 PLN was colected especially and exclusively to help Aussies's fight the fires.
    I got even more happy.
    The action is held in almost every town (in my hometown we usually collect more than others, comparing the population numbers), but the main event was held in Warsaw.

    Look what they did yesterday to support Australia. I recorded in from my TV especially for you. Click the link below to watch the footage
    (the file should be ready to watch soon...uploading... click the right button "Otwórz")

    https://www.ibard.com/f/60f62d95ff33...013308e9e1d2d2
    Last edited by Nightbomber; 01-13-2020 at 15:49.
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  22. #22

    Default

    Welcome back sir, glad you are ok

    Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

  23. #23

    Default

    Hi Baz
    Glad to hear that you are back, or almost, and that all is fine at the farm.
    Best Wishes for a speedy end to the fire situation although I know that is not likely.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston S. Churchill

  24. #24

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Fantastic news Baz. Great to that hear your home is ok. Hopefully life can get back to near normal in the near future.

    If you get to play mission 12, before starting please take out all the fire cards.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  25. #25

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Excellent news, Barry. I'm very glad the worst to deal with at home is the stored food
    Sorry to hear about the machinery losses. Was the clubs' stock totaled?
    Karl
    Hi Karl.
    Lost quite a few wooden items like corn registers, wool press & super spreaders but as most of the old engines are cast iron they are capable of restoration but magnetos will be scrap & the wooden trolleys are gone.
    However we will prevail.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  26. #26

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Very glad to hear from you, old buddy!

    Moreover, we here in my country were thinking of you and supporting you, Australia, in many forms.
    Yesterday was an annual charity day called The Great Orchestra of Holiday Help, organized for the 28th time. Since 2017 my daughter and me have been collecting money walking the streets whole Sunday, facing cold and wind, but extremely happy.
    I love those days and for me personally, they mean much more than Xmas. The money we collect is spent on hospital equipment, mostly for infants and kids. Over 100.000.000 PLN are collected each year and every year marks a higher sum!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200112-WA0028.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	280576

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200112-WA0041.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	280577

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1578867572777.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	224.5 KB 
ID:	280582


    This year a 1.000.000 PLN was colected especially and exclusively to help Aussies's fight the fires.
    I got even more happy.
    The action is held in almost every town (in my hometown we usually collect more than others, comparing the population numbers), but the main event was held in Warsaw.

    Look what they did yesterday to support Australia. I recorded in from my TV especially for you. Click the link below to watch the footage
    (the file should be ready to watch soon...uploading... click the right button "Otwórz")

    https://www.ibard.com/f/60f62d95ff33...013308e9e1d2d2
    Great work Andy & a BIG thank You to the Polish people for their generosity!

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  27. #27

    Default

    This is superb news Baz.
    Fridge food is a small price to pay. The main thing is that you are intact, your farm is intact, and your power is restored.
    I will also sleep a bit better for knowing this too.
    Mrs. K. sends her best wishes. We have been following your escapade avidly via Zoe.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  28. #28

    Default

    Great news Baz. Hang in there. Luck to all Aussies

  29. #29

    Default

    Very glad to hear you are OK. Very good news.

    Hoping to hear that the fires are all out, soon. Fingers crossed.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59



Similar Missions

  1. I'm back
    By zenlizard in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-15-2017, 20:52
  2. There and back --- if you can.
    By Windy Jack in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 12:31
  3. National: Back in WWI
    By Alberico in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 09:31
  4. Back Again
    By itchy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 20:44

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •