Ares Games

Thread: Court Martial

Default Court Martial

Have I been stripped of my rank? If so what was my transgression? I noticed it has gone from my posts but as far as I know it is an annual subscription that is not due for renewal till February.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Hey, Gary! I did a quick look through some other threads and it seems that there are no ranks associated with BSG avatars (yet)...some folks who have a sizeable number of posts show no rank (anymore) as yours does. I would assume the problem can be fixed if Keith were to adjust the rank system to include BSG.

When you changed your profile to indicate 'who do you want to fight for?' to Cylon, it dropped you out of the traditional rank structure set up for the Forum. If a similar rank structure can be set up for Cylons and Colonials, things should get back to 'normal' and the appropriate rank will show on your profile display. If you are able to change your avatar to the Cylon Raider but keep your 'allegiance' as it was before the introduction of BSG options, then maybe your rank would 'return'...

I trust you've PMed Keith about the issue. I will do so, as well.

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Have I been stripped of my rank? If so what was my transgression? I noticed it has gone from my posts but as far as I know it is an annual subscription that is not due for renewal till February.
    It would appear that the charge is defection or maybe desertion.

Ranks for the two sides of BSG are available (Link: OldGuy59's Battlestar Galactica Stuff Album).

It might be that there is site programming that is needed to implement them, and Keith hasn't been able to make time to get this done.

Perhaps a PM might help.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Why would a Cylon care about rank?

They'd care more about software patches and upgrades!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    They'd care more about software patches and upgrades!
    RAM! Give me RAM! Oh, and a few more I/O ports
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Well I have been told I am very rank and I am also partial to bars so I think I will return to my WGF persona. Thanks for your informative input guys.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

But now I see your Silver Medal for site support is not showing up, Gary - something is amiss...if you have not contacted Keith to find out what is going on, please do so - you should be able to 'fly' for Australia (or whomever you'd like) and still change your avatar to Cylon...

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. A suprise at Croome Court.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-23-2019, 23:59
  2. National Court Martial
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 13:38