Ares Games

Thread: NG

Default NG

Hi all,

I'm Mick, ex RAF air traffic bod. I haven't done much gaming since the 80s and have just been introduced to this game by a new game shop in Grantham. So looking forward to getting the old head into the rules and having some fun. Getting the aircraft seems a bit like finding a bucket of hens teeth.

M

Good afternoon Mick.
    Welcome to the Drome.
    I am sure the chaps will be along to advize you on the best places to shop for some aircraft. They are about but watch out for the sharks trying to rip you off. if in doubt ask one of the lads on here before you invest your hard earned cash.
    Hope to meet you at an event sometime.
    Till then fly safe and watch your six.
    rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Mick, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Hello again Mick, nice to see you this side of the ‘speckled Messenger’ affair.
    Welcome aboard.

I worked in Grantham for 2-3 years, always liked the place.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Hello Mick and welcome to our addiction. I hope you enjoy the game and forums as much as we all do.

Hi, Mick.
    Welcome from Portland, Oregon.
    You're gonna like it here.

Hi Mick, welcome to the 'Drome!

If you can get along to "Hammerhead" in Newark on Saturday 14th March we will give you a warm welcome.

If there are any planes you are particularly stuck with, I might be able to help out.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Default Welcome

Hi Mick and Welcome to the 'Drome' from cloudy West Yorkshire, near Pontefract to be exact!. You will find a lot of helpful souls on this site and also a mine of information in the 'Files' section.
    Fly Safe and always watch your six!

welcome to the drome Mick!!! yeah, sadly finding minis can be quite a hunt.

Welcome to the the 'drome Mick from sunny (?) Dorset, good to have you in the circuit.
    Entoyment, Poole & Gameslore have some stock but it's thin on the ground alright.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thanks Reg, i'm originally from Barnsley

Thanks to all for the welcome

Welcome to the Drome Mick.

Games Quest, Battlefield Hobbies and Zatu Games might also be worth a try as you hunt for aircraft.

Andy

Welcome to the 'Drome from across the pond!

Welcome, Mick! Enjoy your flight.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.

For minis that you can probably get your hands on, check out the Sale/Trade/Wanted Classified thread market place section. Also, Keith, the owner of the aerodrome site, has the aerodrome store, where you can often get the latest series releases-Area games tends to do a reprint release and a new series release for WGF & WGS once a year, but with the new BSG & T&T games, the production schedule is more than usually wonky. They keep busy.

Also, remember there's the other sources market for unofficial aircraft.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Mick, from here near Norwich.