Ares Games

Thread: Other models

Billinmill

Default Other models

Chaps,

New to all this and wondering (after reading the title of this thread) are there other companies that make to our scale? I ask this because I really would love to get some Fokker’s and paint them up.

Warm regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Billinmill View Post
    Chaps,

New to all this and wondering (after reading the title of this thread) are there other companies that make to our scale? I ask this because I really would love to get some Fokker’s and paint them up.

Warm regards

Bill
    See https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-aircraft-list for a list.

There arecso many 3D printed models for WWI on Shapeways that they have their own spreadsheet. https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...s-on-Shapeways

Welcome Bill! The 3D printed models are great in my book, having done several hundred of them myself. Which Fokkers are you wanting to paint up? They are all there on the Shapeways lists. Here's a few I just did a month or two ago:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191112_101035.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	279991

Name:	20191105_154748.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	279992

There's quite a few on the site who have threads on how to get going! Just ask . . .
    Last edited by clipper1801; 12-30-2019 at 21:50.

Hi Bill and welcome to you.
    As well as the Shapeways already mentioned, you have Reviresco over in the states, he does a number of metal kit models and nice decals for his models which can also be used on the Shapeways aircraft mentioned

Hi there Bill, welcome to the 'Drome!

"Valom" produce 1/144 model kits; 2 in each box if a single type, 4 in a box if a 'Duel' set...................

http://www.valom.net/?page_id=29

"Red Eagle Miniatures" do a nice line in balloons and ground support vehicles, plus a wide range of metal aircraft...............

http://www.redeagleminiatures.co.uk/ww1%20air.html
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Billinmill

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Welcome Bill! The 3D printed models are great in my book, having done several hundred of them myself. Which Fokkers are you wanting to paint up? They are all there on the Shapeways lists. Here's a few I just did a month or two ago:

Name:	20191112_101035.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	279991

Name:	20191105_154748.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	279992

There's quite a few on the site who have threads on how to get going! Just ask . . .

Beautiful work!

Billinmill

Thanks so much guys. all great options. I guess the challenge is in the decks.

Warm regards,

Bill

If you need any decks I can email you scans for you to print your own. PM me if you need to go that route.

Decks are not so hard to find. I have so many duplicates since I collected several sets of planes and never play more than 2 or 3. Card sets are also available from the old card game releases which are still out there along with expansion card sets, get a set and make your own versions.

The bases are the next thing. Keith has stocks of plex bases that will work for most planes and some specific planes as well as generic. There are also templates on the files thread that can be printed on clear mailing sticky film and added to your clear bases.

The final piece is the dreaded altitude pegs, many of us abandoned them years ago for the telescoping metal stands and magnetic ring and ball mounts. Much variety here as well, many posts can be found on the site.

The Search box will become your friend. Bottom line, this game has been around a lot of years and the post archives are a treasure trove of creative endeavors. If in doubt post your questions, as you can see many of us have no other life and are anxious to use our ill gotten knowledge somehow . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Billinmill View Post
    Thanks so much guys. all great options. I guess the challenge is in the decks.

Warm regards,

Bill
    I've urged Ares to make the decks available via a print-on-demand service such as drivethrucards.com, but there has been no sign of movement thus far. It would eliminate all the concerns of production and inventory. Seems like a win-win to me.

Similar Missions

1. 1/144 Resin Models by AB Models
    By Karo7 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2019, 19:30
  2. Using 1/300 models
    By Arliatna in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-28-2018, 15:45
  3. New models
    By Doug in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 13