Default It's a Hobby, Not an Addiction

This collection grew really fast!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010531.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	279854

So Say We All!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I hope this doesn't turn into another WWI collection for me!

Hmmm...

Hello. My name is Mike, and I don't have a problem...

Really. I can quit anytime I want.

The next wave of Raptors and Heavy Raiders are in the post (at last), winging their way to me. So, my collection is still growing, and there are more temptations coming in the new year.

As my Better Half says, I don't 'need' any of these, and I already have more than I can play with at one time. I don't even have a gaming club to take these to, to play big games.

I have to get Skype working again...
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

My name is David and I am an addict, I suppose.

WE all are, here, David.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Even though I have two box sets and at least one of every ship released so far, Peter, I don't think there is much chance of BSG eclipsing my WWI collection...I don't see the ship selection growing too much larger after the Mk VII and original series Vipers and Raiders come out. And the options for repaints are pretty narrow...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Even though I have two box sets and at least one of every ship released so far, Peter, I don't think there is much chance of BSG eclipsing my WWI collection...I don't see the ship selection growing too much larger after the Mk VII and original series Vipers and Raiders come out. And the options for repaints are pretty narrow...

All the best,
    Matt
    Sounds about where I sit. I know I'll be painting a couple of custom fighters, a dragon for my wife and tiger for me. I can see them putting out some support ships but luckily for my wallet they are limited in fighters.

It's not an addiction but it is a 12 step program, at least with airplanes. They come out in 12 plane medicinal sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    It's not an addiction but it is a 12 step program, at least with airplanes. They come out in 12 plane medicinal sets.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

All I will add is that I succumbed.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Users Country Flag

Name
    Christian
    Sorties Flown

See I did the same thing and then I realized I needed 2 starter sets to actually play with all those ships but then once I realized without all of the rules you really only need one starter set and that's about it because the contents not there yet. Until the large ships and the complete rules are released it's just an early adopter situation. And something tells me a lot of other people feel the same way because if you'll notice nobody's talking about tactics or the different cards or these different ships or these amazing games they're playing with their friends because really there ain't much of a difference. Most of the time it's just the sound of Crickets around here.

Edit, sorry for the buzzkill.... I was really excited at first but now my stuff's all back in the boxes waiting but for what I'm not sure because I don't hear much from the designers anywhere and they don't even talk about how they would play with the ships or what the thought processes were or anything and trying to find out information on their Facebook page just playing sucks in my opinion. Instead of rock paper scissors you know different formations different tactics whatever it just seems like rock against Rock so anyway here's hoping this is a big year because quite frankly my collection needs it.
    Last edited by MajorBorris; 01-02-2020 at 19:14.

Similar Missions

1. Feeding your addiction
    By Grinneth42 in forum Polls
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 02:34
  2. The addiction has started
    By disposingjayce in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 15:30
  3. Counseling groups for WGF addiction?
    By STL06 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 03:07
  4. Oh crap my WGS addiction seems to be beginning...
    By Xen in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 01:43
  5. Funding our addiction
    By Hamburger in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:34