Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead 2020 Saturday 14th March

Default Hammerhead 2020 Saturday 14th March

One for the diary for next year

We have two tables booked for this show, one Wings WW1 and one Sails.
    I will ask for helpers etc in the new year for now a heads up

Hammerhead 2020 is on Saturday 14th March at Newark Showground - The George Stephenson Exhibition Hall and the Cedrick Ford Pavilion - Gamers Lounge, which is only 2 minutes from the A1 at Newark junction

I will add to the site calendar after xmas

I hope to be able to attend this show
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Count me in as usual, I can run a WW1 table if required, would be good to have BSG or Tripods if we have enough kit... alas I don’t have any of either.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Should be good to go Chris. Usual routine for overnight.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I am hoping to attend again.

Thanks for the responses chaps, look forward t9 seeing you all

What are the arrangements for Hammerhead on the 14th March, please? When should I arrive and what would you like me to bring?

Yes, what part of "the Shop" would you like me to bring?

Thought I'd done this already I will be there for sure. What table do you want me on so I know which shirt to wear?!

Good evening all
    Ok so for this show we have WW1 as usual, The WingCo already said he would run this, I would hope with Tim also available we will not require much in the way of extra items, if WingCo brings his kit then Tim all we would need from yourself would be clouds and banners, plus Steffi for a run about.
    We can speak about this on Sunday.
    David, hope to see you again here, we have the kit but if you have a favourite aircraft then bring it along for a run out.

Reg, which would you like to do, WW1 bring your fav aircraft, the sails table will be having a pirates bash as well as some Frigates, so pick a shirt and join which ever takes your fancy.

Begining of next week I will post an itenary after speaking to Chris and Tim on Sunday.

Reg, your Admiral needs you.

Bligh.

I'll bring my WW1 stuff as per usual.

Hi Chaps,
    We might be able to attend, but I don't think we can commit to anything more than casual assist this year unless you are desperately short of bodies.
    I should be back on comms more regularly now.

Lest we forget

Welcome back John. It will be great to see you even if it’s only a flying visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Good evening all
    Ok so for this show we have WW1 as usual, The WingCo already said he would run this, I would hope with Tim also available we will not require much in the way of extra items, if WingCo brings his kit then Tim all we would need from yourself would be clouds and banners, plus Steffi for a run about.
    We can speak about this on Sunday.
    David, hope to see you again here, we have the kit but if you have a favourite aircraft then bring it along for a run out.

Reg, which would you like to do, WW1 bring your fav aircraft, the sails table will be having a pirates bash as well as some Frigates, so pick a shirt and join which ever takes your fancy.

Begining of next week I will post an itenary after speaking to Chris and Tim on Sunday.
    Thanks Chris I will wear the Sails shirt and probably bring the Wings shirt as well.

I will probably be able to make a flying visit, be nice to meet the team.

That would be great. Hopefully see you there.

Myself and Alex (aka Dirigible 2/3) will be there to help out, too

Excellent news, see you there

Looks as if we are going to have a really good get together.
    look forward to seeing you all.
    Rob.

My next show is Partizan in May on a Sunday. As previously stated I might have the opportunity of bringing along 2 special guests. More to follow once confirmed.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

I'll probably bring a fair few planes along, 'coz I need to rearrange them in their KR trays, and I don't have enough room at home...…………….

Do you want us to arrive by 9 a.m. or some other time, Chris?

I’ll be there around 08:30/08:45

Yes please can we arrive at the venue for 0900 to 0930 for set up and free entry otherwise its pay at the door.
    If earlier then not an issue, in fact anyone getting there earlier can
    I ask them to watch the chairs and get more if possible, we need 7 or 8 for each table.
    I have asked for that amount but as we know chairs have a habit of moving tables early in the morning as others realise they not asked for enough.
    See all Saturday

Watching you all get ready for the big game is making me intensely jealous. Have a great get together, bring your hand sanitizer and post copious AARs, pretty please!

Fingers crossed it doesn’t get called off at last minute

The Hammerhead show is going ahead within government guidelines. There will be additional hand wash stations throughout.
    Incidentally looking at the list of participation games we are down for..... Napoleonic Sails of Glory and ... Sails of Glory, sounds like boaty boy pirates have plundered our aeroplane table, don’t worry Tim, we will fight back.

And? Dont see a problem

Lol, that’s fighting talk sir

Can someone bring a couple of extra mats please as I only have the 2
    Thank you

Wilco, Wing Co.

Great turn out at Hammerhead in Newark today, so huge thank you (in no particular order, I hasten to add) to, F.O. Kyte, Boney 10, Maverick, Flying Helmut, Reg, Dirigible (and son), Doug, John Biggles and Ruth, Naharat, one of our new recruits Tiger Ops, one alas unidentifiable member and yours truly..... AAR to follow later...
    Last edited by Hedeby; 03-14-2020 at 11:53.

I would just like to add my thanks to all atendees today.It made for a really good time.
    Especial thanks go to the Wingco for carrying on the great tradition started by me.
    The extinguisher is under the seat sir.
    Also thanks for Simon and Chris for helping me to reduce my Port mountain yesterday.
    It was great to have you both to stay and get a couple of games in.
    Rob.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to gun my child down (both aircraft!!!) earlier!!
    It may be some time before he is allowed to forget..

It was good to be able to put faces to a few names.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirigible View Post
    Thank you for giving me the opportunity to gun my child down (both aircraft!!!) earlier!!
    It may be some time before he is allowed to forget..
    We aim to please

Ruth and I both had a good time, usually we take opposite sides and I die early at her hands, this time, we were at opposite corners in a 5 a side game, so never met!
    I ended up trying to shoot down a balloon, with three Fokkers trying to prevent me, including the feared Flying Helmut. I never did get the balloon down, even my attempt to ram it failed (0c,0c) but doubtless Tim's pictures will tell the story in due course.
    Great to see old friends in congenial rivalry once more.

Lest we forget

Look forward to seeing the pics - make the most of it, it might be the last for a while by the sounds of things.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Mick, from here near Norwich. It was good seeing you at Hammerhead yesterday.

Just a few random pics I managed to get of Tim's game, between my other committments!
    Rob.

Please note that no aircraft was knowingly up gunned.
    Attached Images    

Upgunned!!!!! Mine were barely gunned...

I never mentioned anything about the lack of strength of FIRE power Chris.
    Rob.

A few of mine of Tims game and that well ard balloon.
    Attached Images      

Nice photos Mick.
    Rob.

Some nice photos there, Tim resplendent...

Rob
    I noticed your pics above have the blue outline but are not duplicated.
    How did you manage that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Rob
    I noticed your pics above have the blue outline but are not duplicated.
    How did you manage that?
    If you select images but don't post them inline from the file manager they'll still be attached to the post but appear after the text.
    That's why you may get the odd one that's been missed from an AAR.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I am still getting every picture duplicated with the attatchment, but as long as there is some text you have put in you can post, then edit your post. Cut the originals, save changes and the attatchments alone remain.

For AAR's where text is required between pictures you have to post as an album first and then open each picture, copy the BB code, and post that in the document where you wish the picture to appear.
    A long and trying process if you have a big AAR.
    That is why my AAR's are now few and far between.
    Rob.

Great to see all the Red Noses in the air!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Hammerhead 2020 March 14
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2019, 19:59
  2. Hammerhead 2019 Saturday 2nd March
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 03-12-2019, 05:53
  3. Hammerhead 2016 Sat March 5