Ares Games

Thread: Third Thursday at the Dragon's Guildhall

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Default Third Thursday at the Dragon's Guildhall

The 19th is the Third Thursday of December, and that means we are slated to play from 6 to 9 PM at the Dragon's Guildhall in Beavercreek, Ohio. It snuck up on me with everything else going on this month...

Not sure how many folks might show up, and as of right now, I am not sure what is 'on the table' game-wise (unless the crew decided what we're playing at lunch on Saturday after our gaming session...)

If the time of year is not too busy for you and you have a hankerin' for some aerial action, join us

All the best,
    Matt

I think Jim said something about Sopwith Pups against Albatross Fighters. Anyways, I am sure we will have a fun time.

I hope that you will all have an exciting time tonight.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

There were just four of us, David, but we each flew two planes - four RNAS Pups versus four Jasta 5 Albatros DVs. It was quite the equal match for about two hours. Lots of fun - I am sure Jim/rhodie80 will post pics soon...

All the best,
    Matt

It was a very very fun game! Had a great time!

We had an interesting night at Dragon's Guildhall. I had been looking through Colorful Skies for scenarios. They had a couple of games with Sopwith Pups facing Albatros D.Vs. I pulled Pups from RNAS 3 and Albatros from Jasta 5.The Pup takes less damage and has B guns while it is much more agile. The Albatros are much tougher with A guns but much less nimble. It was a great game. The Pups ended up with the upper hand. This was mostly because two of the Albatros took critical damage early and were put out of the game. One took a huge collision hit and the other two pilot injured cards. It was a really entertaining game.

Name:  IMG_5446.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  125.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5447.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  120.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5448.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  131.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5449.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5451.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  108.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5452.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  111.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5454.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  122.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5455.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  103.2 KB

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Beautiful planes as usual Jim. Love the games you guys get to play.

They look great Jim

"He is wise who watches"

Nice Pictures!

Great action shots.
    I wish Ares would give us the Pup ...
    I do have two that I got from a forum member who was ditching his collection a couple of years ago.

Really like that custom Albatros paint job.

Quite crowded skies Jim. Glad you enjoyed using the Pups. Must get mine out again for a flight or two.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Beautiful planes, and what a great mat. Very nice indeed

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

That's some brilliant work on those aircraft.

Awesome game! Thanks to all that came. Jim's planes are always quite amazing!

Excellent looking game, I'm sure I've said before how much I like the mat, the planes stand out against it much better than the Ares mats.
    Planes are brilliant, the jasta 5 are very colourful but the Pups are impressive, are they Shapeways in which case very smoth finish or Valom in which case nice straight wheels, better than mine or are they someting I don't know about?
    Cheers

Fantastic planes, and on my favourite mat, too!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I'm glad people like the mat and planes so much. I purchased it on E bay for $50. There is a bar code on the mat but no company name. If anyone knows where it came from please chime in. Tim when you get here in June you will get to use it.

The Sopwith Pups are Shapeways. https://www.shapeways.com/product/8W...072&li=ostatus I ordered the White Natural Versatile Plastic. I put a couple of coats of primer on them before painting. I think Shapeways continues to improve every time I order. Their service is always fantastic.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    I'm glad people like the mat and planes so much. I purchased it on E bay for $50. There is a bar code on the mat but no company name. If anyone knows where it came from please chime in. Tim when you get here in June you will get to use it.

The Sopwith Pups are Shapeways. https://www.shapeways.com/product/8W...072&li=ostatus I ordered the White Natural Versatile Plastic. I put a couple of coats of primer on them before painting. I think Shapeways continues to improve every time I order. Their service is always fantastic.
    Thanks, I have a couple of Valom Pups with wonky wheels but I like to have 4 planes of a type so I'll try the Shapeways route for the other 2.

Similar Missions

1. Origins 2019 Thursday
    By Teaticket in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2019, 07:14
  2. WGSC: Black Thursday
    By EddieRickenback in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2015, 19:47
  3. Thursday night massacre
    By johnbiggles in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 18