Ares Games

Thread: Doncaster 2020

Default Doncaster 2020

Will start to build events/ diary for Doncaster 2020 event here. Please indicate if you are intending to attend and which games you would like to run/play. I’m sure we can fit in all requests.
    Thank you

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quite happy to run a naval game Chris. Yet to decide which one.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Well done that man, we will go with the 3 table setup again as it seems to have worked pretty well last few years. I will run the traditional Ace of Aces free for all on the Sunday morning, assuming I can recruit a glamorous assistant lol

Hi Chris, count me in for attendance and possibly to run a game. Details to follow eventually!

Hello all
    I'm planning to attend. What time is take off on the Friday? Would you want me to arrive early (ier) quite happy to assist in whatever way I can. Do I need to bring planes/ rules/cards/ anything? Need addresses/details as this will be a new posting

Kick off anytime after 13:00 hrs on the Friday. Bring whatever you like.

I shall be there Chris and happy to run a WW1 game - no idea what at this stage though

I can't tell honestly if I'll attend this time (I'm trying to arrange a family holiday, but we'll see how hard traveling with a baby will be after finishing Brexit). Sorry, Chris

As I understand it, 2020 will be an interim period for Brexit, in which the current regulations will still apply. So, hopefully, you should still be able to travel easily, Daniel.

Blimey, let’s hope so, don’t want Boris spoiling our fun and games.

I'm not worried about myself - Czech passport is a strong document. But the funny fact is that even a 14 month baby needs it's own passport with portrait photo, so another thing needs to be keep in mind. We will see, we both (me and Jitka) have a special place for Albion in our hearts, so there is a chance

And our game is as strong as our friendship is, so I don't have even a small doubts about future

Fingers crossed Dan, you always bring so much friendship with you on your visits, having you and your fellow Europeans at our event is probably the best part of it.

Believe me, the smell of old wooden museum, hot tea (I don't need drone coffee in England), autumn cold weather and friends around a gaming table, that's combination I can't resist
    ...and debriefings with beer

Chris, I was just wondering, have you made a definite decision yet about the dates and venue for this year's get together?

Just saw this post Dave and I give you Chris's quote from the poll.
    Rob.

"With Christmas rapidly approaching, a busy time for everyone, I thought it time that we made a final decision on this. Unfortunately whichever date we pick, someone can’t make it, but that’s real life for you. So to that end (and to paraphrase somebody) we have a plan, it’s a great plan, it’s oven ready... so let’s get Doncaster done. To that end I can confirm that the 2020 gathering will once again be in Doncaster on 18th 19th and 20th of September. I do hope to see as many of you as possible, and apologies to those who can’t make it, we will raise a glass in your honour."
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. EXCO 2020
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2019, 15:41
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-20-2019, 12:36
  3. Coming in 2020
    By Zoe Brain in forum BSG: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-24-2019, 08:20
  4. 2020