Reporting for duty
Executive Officer to 2nd Lieutenant Augustine Regulus Bushygap (IAAC)

Welcome to the Aerodrome Mr Bushygap,

I hope your trip to the front was uneventful. Your transfer papers are in order, feel free to settle in to any of the empty huts across the airstrip, that is where all the pilots stay. I will be reviewing your training records and you will need to make at least one training Sortie before you receive active flying status and have complete access to the Aerodrome.

You should try and make time to attend the newcomers briefing. It will help you quickly get up to speed around here

-

2Lt Bushygap (IAAC) to Executive Officer

Namaste sir,

Good of you to welcome me, ta muchly. I must say this Vert Vallon place seems an awfully friendly place, full of good eggs. I'll mention this when I write mother to say I've joined Badmaash Flight - apologies, sir, I mean to say 'B' Flight.

Being in the Indian Army Aviation Corps is terribly exciting compared to my time in the Deccan Infantry. Thankfully, not many Naja cobras to be found in France, I'd imagine. I won't miss those. One time, at the gymkhana, this old fellow produced a whopping great snake, scared mother to the point of needing to retire for the day. Might be useful to have a house-snake on hand, though, to keep the mice down in the huts. Is there a place near-abouts that would have such a serpent do you know? There's a cat, you say. Jolly good.

Sorry, sir. I do, rather, ramble on a bit, don't I.

Yes-sir. Very good. I had best go and get settled in. I'll wander over to the Mess in a little while.

Best regards,
one-pip Bushygap

original blog post https://bushygap.blogspot.com/2019/1...-for-duty.html