Ares Games

Thread: Ares announcements: new game on kickstarter

Default Ares announcements: new game on kickstarter

A boardgame based on No 303 Squadron during the Battle of Britain:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ame?ref=1ueanc

Interesting, but I have little interest in kick starters these days, I will wait to see it produced just in case there are delays . . . I am still waiting on other wondrous offerings I may not live long enough to see . . .

Same feeling here. I did a bunch of kickstarters over the past couple of years. I think I am better off waiting till it is releases. The fact that they take your money and you wait sometimes for years before your product shows up has been a disappointment for me. Don't get me wrong, it is a great idea to get stuff on the market. If the timelines were realistic I would be more excited. I have stuff showing up that I completely forgot I kickstarted.

I like the project and I think it looks awesome! I may get when comes out.

They should kickstart some Wings stuff.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    PLEASE, NO! The delay/wait is nearly intolerable now! How long did the T & T drag out? No Thanks! New people joining our game are doomed to the currently available few now. We need a complete reboot and a few new planes to keep the game functional as it is. Not wanting to be critical, just venting . . .

I signed up for this one and the 1941 Race to Moscow,

Disadvantage of being stuck home with nothing to do ...

That brings my current active pledges to 6.

The only real disappointment has been D-Day Dice which is two years now.
    Supposed to arrive soon.

20 KS in total, although 6 of those were not games.

It looks good to me.

I have noticed some small details. On the shipping list Scotland and Wales have separate mentions from the United Kingdom. Do they know something we don't? I hope that they manage to translate the R.A.F. ranks correctly - on the two stretch goal pilot cards they use the terms Group Captain and Group Commander, which I think should be Squadron Leader and Flight Lieutenant.

I thought about it, but it's not exactly cheap....

Just dumped my KS budget on Zombicide 2.0. I get in on their KS every year. Like Clipper said, we need to reboot Wings as it is all but dead. They drug their feet and Wargames came in and grabbed their market with their game (I prefer WoG overwhelming myself). Now with Sails slugging along Wargames jumped in with Black seas and are selling it so fast they keep stock outing the basic set and rules. WWI is the only thing they have left and I half expect to see Wargames hit that market next. They make good games and I love playing it but their product is not in the public eye, an in many cases we have to wait years for reprints. Yes, Ares is a small company and Wargames is larger but if they do not fight back soon they may face extinction.

Ken, I hope you saved some budget for Zombicide Night of the Living Dead starting on Kickstarter Tuesday
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    PLEASE, NO! The delay/wait is nearly intolerable now! How long did the T & T drag out? No Thanks! New people joining our game are doomed to the currently available few now. We need a complete reboot and a few new planes to keep the game functional as it is. Not wanting to be critical, just venting . . .

at least it would mean more new stuff coming eventually.

I to fear for the future of our core game, lots of new products from competitors little response from ARES, they really need to get a grip on stock levels and the available product range. People will look elsewhere if they can’t develop their range of planes (and boats) seems like we are on a slippery slope to extinction.... let’s hope not though

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

A KS to get a series 10 would be fine with me. Especially if it raises enough cash to.get another reprint series out, as well possibly a new balloon or starter set reprint.

I have been very bad. Been posting on 303 Board Game Geek threads about how emersive WoG is. The concensus of the general bgg community is the board is unnecessarily large. They also launched a $100 board game (with s/h) between black Friday and Xmas so money is tight for people. I am hoping they see the light, cancel the project, and relaunch with a slightly scaled down board in February.

The game looks interesting. My big issue is the board size as well. It is pretty huge. I will wait until a physical release in the stores. I honestly would rather keep playing Wings of Glory WWI and enjoy what I have. Getting to the point I already have games getting dusty. I need to get those out and play them instead.

We looked this over back in October - The images of the models was not very inspiring:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...rter-from-Ares

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Another Kickstarter from Ares?
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-10-2019, 05:46
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2018, 13:04
  3. Ares Kickstarter leftovers
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 6