Thread: Re-Newbie Questions

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Default Re-Newbie Questions

Hi together,

I am a huge fan of the WoW/WoG line and tried to collect and Play the game over the past years. Because of the lack of Players I always sold my Collection from time to time.

Now my son i old enough and we play the game frequently.

I have (some) questions:

1. It was said sometime that the London maps will be released seperatly like the other maps. Is this still coming?
    2. Also I read that the Ballons will get a reprint. Any News on that?
    3. In the Forum is a list of the WoW Plans. Is there a place with Pictures of all planes from the WoW line, like for the WoG planes at the ares HP?
    4. I cant see a System in the Releases of new planes/Reprints by ares. Is there any chance to the what will come next or get a reprint?
    5. The Fokker DR.I von Richthofen is the only model right now which is out of print forever, right? so there is a chance to the e. g. Lothar again in a reprint?
    6. By the Way if someone have a old von Richthofen DR.I left, you can send me a offer
    7. I am also interested in the era of the great war at whole, especially the planes and there pilots. Can someone give tips/hints for literature (I think there are diarys of some of the "Aces)
    8. I have the two magazines of this:

Name:  61MxWr14wpL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  54.0 KB

I realy like the Pictures of the planes in it (like the green one on the front). It seems that there a a lot of those on the Internet. E.G. here (you have to scroll down): https://www.flight-depot.com/139-0-L...rt-Poster.html

Is there a source for those Kind of Pictures. It seems to me that they are done by one Artist?
    9. Right now I am not into "tripods". Are there future planes or was it a one shot Kickstarter?
    10. Where can I upload my own plane as a Avatar. i just have the Options in the Settings to choose "None" or the Basics.

Thanks in advance for the effort
    Andreas

Welcome to the 'drome from across the ditch Andreas, I've had a go at answering your questions.

It was said sometime that the London maps will be released seperately like the other maps. Is this still coming?
    Nothing heard
    Also I read that the Balloons will get a reprint. Any News on that?
    Nothing heard, rumour is they are coming but no dates
    In the Forum is a list of the WoW Planes. Is there a place with Pictures of all planes from the WoW line, like for the WoG planes at the ares HP?
    Yes, in the files - https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...do=file&id=723
    I cant see a System in the Releases of new planes/Reprints by ares. Is there any chance to the what will come next or get a reprint?
    Neither can we - likely will be series 5 reprint but we don't know when.
    The Fokker DR.I von Richthofen is the only model right now which is out of print forever, right? so there is a chance to the e. g. Lothar again in a reprint?
    WoG MvR has been updated & is available replacing original style. No idea if LvR will be reprinted, it didn't make the last cut.
    I am also interested in the era of the great war at whole, especially the planes and there pilots. Can someone give tips/hints for literature (I think there are diarys of some of the "Aces)
    Check out the library - WW1 aces books by osprey are popular, or books by / about individuals like Stark, Berthold, MvR, McCudden, Biddle,
    Right now I am not into "tripods". Are there future planes or was it a one shot Kickstarter?
    Nothing heard yet
    Where can I upload my own plane as a Avatar. i just have the Options in the Settings to choose "None" or the Basics.
    That may depend on your membership level - I have Gold & option to add a custom avatar.

"He is wise who watches"

For Wings, the production road map is to alternate between new releases and reprints. Ares has been going in Series order for the reprints, the last one being Series 4. That means the next WGF release should be a new set of planes followed by a reprint of Series 5. That is only a guess as they could change things up at some point.

You can find out about all the different benefits for the different membership levels in this thread.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Andreas, from here in the United Kingdom.

If you like pictures of W.W.1 aircraft profiles simply perform an internet image search for 'WW1 aircraft profiles' and you will find a great many.

There are many more on the Wings Palette website. http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/f/111/59/2
    Last edited by Naharaht; 12-05-2019 at 19:29.

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Hi,

thanks for your feedback so far. I have some follow up questions:
    - It seems like, that the new "Fonck" Spad XIII has a different painting than the Wings of War one. Is that correct?
    - Which are the next releases that are sure? Is the new one released right now?
    - Are the Pfalz D.III and the RAF Se5 allready released or are the comming soon?
    - In a online store the Fokker D.VII of Goering is listedt for February 2020. But just this one. Is there anything in the pipelind or is it just a vague date with no "official" connection?
    - Are the four planes in the "WoW Deluxe revised" Set the same as in the duel packs?

Hi Andreas
    - It seems like, that the new "Fonck" Spad XIII has a different painting than the Wings of War one. Is that correct?
    It's a different process from Nexus models so the finish is likely different colour wise, pattern wise it looks the same.

- Which are the next releases that are sure? Is the new one released right now?
    We don't know for sure we can only speculate until Ares announce it; series 1 & 4 reprints were the latest.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

- Are the Pfalz D.III and the RAF Se5 already released or are the coming soon?
    They were released in August '19

- In a online store the Fokker D.VII of Goering is listed for February 2020. But just this one. Is there anything in the pipeline or is it just a vague date with no "official" connection?
    Maybe the store has found a source for that model, it's not a release.

- Are the four planes in the "WoW Deluxe revised" Set the same as in the duel packs?
    yes, they are the same paint jobs

"He is wise who watches"

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Hi again,

I have some new questions:

1. On the new Kempf plane it is written: "Kennst mi noch". Is it also on the old model?

2. I thought that the wow and the wog plane are see same. But it seems like that the WoW Planes dont have Pilots in it. The Albatros Udet from WoG has an pilot miniature, the wow doesnt. Is this with every reprinted plane?

On the new Kempf plane it is written: "Kennst mi noch". Is it also on the old model?
    Yes it is

I thought that the wow and the wog plane are see same.
    No they are not - Ares remodelled their series 1 to make them more... accurate.. Compare Albatros undercarriage, Fokker Dr.1 rudder position, wings, judge for yourself...

...it seems like that the WoW Planes dont have Pilots in it.
    No, they don't in series 1.

"He is wise who watches"

Oberleutnant

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

Thnx again flash,

two new questions:

- It seems like that the firing arc is not exactly the same in wow compared to wog. Is it so?

- Is the Sails of Glory sea map compatible? Or are there any markers/line on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfgard View Post
    Thnx again flash,

two new questions:

- It seems like that the firing arc is not exactly the same in wow compared to wog. Is it so?

- Is the Sails of Glory sea map compatible? Or are there any markers/line on it?

the firing arcs are the same. i believe its just the manner in which theyre painted on the bases cause them to look a bit different.
    you can use sails maps with wings but, as there are navigation lines on it and no coast what so ever, you cant really classify it as fully compatible.

This should give you an idea of the difference in the mats Andreas, I used a SoG one in a solo game the other week:

Most people use a mat or cloth of different manufacture for seascapes.
    Last edited by flash; 12-19-2019 at 00:52.

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Getting into WWII and some newbie questions
    By stringfly in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2015, 13:22
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 01:36
  3. A few newbie questions about the game.
    By drsid in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 20:57
  4. richard bradley solo newbie questions
    By Ludobrabo in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 13:24
  5. Newbie questions
    By Rick57 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 04:24