Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Lend-Lease Raffle # 1 has ended

  1. #1

    matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Matt
    Location
    Ohio
    Sorties Flown
    4,107
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Lend-Lease Raffle # 1 has ended

    The first Lend-Lease raffle to bring Tim/Flying Helmut to Origins in 2020 has ended. Thanks to all of you who supported it by buying tickets. I imagine that the Herr Oberst will draw the winning ticket in the next couple of days, and as soon as I have that information, I will let the winner and everyone else know

    Once we get the new Ground Crew medals up and going I will issue those to all who participated.

    The second raffle will kick off at the beginning of January

    All the best,
    Matt

  2. #2

    Default

    Good luck to everyone! Hope I have the Golden Ticket!

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    Good luck to all who participated.

    Looking for a miracle.

  5. #5

    Default

    Fingers crossed... it’s a very pretty balloon

    Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

  6. #6

    Default

    A great prize for man even greater cause.

  7. #7

    Default

    I add my thanks to all those who participated and the organizers.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  8. #8

    Default

    Me 'n all!

  9. #9

    Default

    Thanks Matt, good luck all.

    "He is wise who watches"

  10. #10

    Default

    Another Nightbomber's hopeless raffle it will be.
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Another Nightbomber's hopeless raffle it will be.
    I'm with you Andy, haven't won one yet and don't expect to. The win for me is getting to see Tim at Origins!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I'm with you Andy, haven't won one yet and don't expect to. The win for me is getting to see Tim at Origins!
    That is the point!
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  13. #13

    Default

    Winning a L-L raffle is much more likely than buying a 6-49 lottery ticket. I'd like to think that most of the members are buying tickets, and multiples at that. Even with those numbers, still much more likely for me to win a draw, here.

    Supporting the Lend-Lease process, and getting fellow enthusiasts together across an ocean, or two? Priceless!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  14. #14

    Default

    Well said Mike!

    Giving somebody a chance to celebrate their love for the game with others is more important than anything else.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Winning a L-L raffle is much more likely than buying a 6-49 lottery ticket. I'd like to think that most of the members are buying tickets, and multiples at that. Even with those numbers, still much more likely for me to win a draw, here.

    Supporting the Lend-Lease process, and getting fellow enthusiasts together across an ocean, or two? Priceless!
    I am not sure about it.
    True story:
    I do not buy lottery tickets at all.
    In the year 2000 I was passing by a lottery point in a local mall. Decided to try my luck. Bought a ticket with one set of 6 random digits out of 49.
    Got 5 of those 6. Won 5.000 PLN, which was roughly equal to 1.000 GBP.
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    I am not sure about it.
    True story:
    I do not buy lottery tickets at all.
    In the year 2000 I was passing by a lottery point in a local mall. Decided to try my luck. Bought a ticket with one set of 6 random digits out of 49.
    Got 5 of those 6. Won 5.000 PLN, which was roughly equal to 1.000 GBP.
    Best way to treat good luck Andy.
    Quit whilst you are winning.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Another Nightbomber's hopeless raffle it will be.
    You‘re in a good company my friend.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  18. #18

    Thumbs up

    I was lucky enough to win the Balloon the last time one was raffled so I wish everyone good luck for this one.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  19. #19

    Default

    Good Luck everyone. I have my fingers crossed, but for those of us who don't win, its all for a good cause and I'm sure there'll be another raffle along shortly.

  20. #20

    Default

    Just remember, mathematics don't care about history. Whether or not you've won, the odds of you winning this time are still (# tickets you buy)/(total number of raffle tickets bought).

    And whatever the outcome, the real winner is Tim, for getting to go to Origins, and the rest of the community, for coming together to get Tim to Origins.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Just remember, mathematics don't care about history. Whether or not you've won, the odds of you winning this time are still (# tickets you buy)/(total number of raffle tickets bought).

    And whatever the outcome, the real winner is Tim, for getting to go to Origins, and the rest of the community, for coming together to get Tim to Origins.
    Well, Tim gets a big part of the prize. However, the people who go to the convention and meet the L-L pilot win, too. Having met Tim in Prague, I'd as soon live a lot closer, so as to be able to spend time with him more often. IMHO, Origins participants will be winners getting to meet him, too.

    Which is part of the reason for the L-L program, I would think.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59
    IMHO, Origins participants will be winners getting to meet him, too.
    No argument here; indeed, in my mind,I had folded this aspect into the "community coming together" to get him there gestalt.

  23. #23



Similar Missions

  1. National LEND LEASE RAFFLE - GET YOUR TICKETS NOW
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-24-2017, 00:47
  2. 1st Lend Lease Raffle 2015
    By Marechallannes in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 12:16
  3. Lend Lease Raffle 2
    By rkwright in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 16:53
  4. Site: First 2014 Lend-Lease Raffle is up!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 06:38
  5. Lend Lease 3 Raffle
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 09:30

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •