Ares Games

Thread: Spinning props on Aerodrome

Default Spinning props on Aerodrome

Hello all,

Has anyone put together a spreadsheet or some other guide as to which size discs go with which planes? I have quite a few second-hand planes that need props, and am hoping someone can help.

I haven't seen anything like that. I just eyeball what looks good on the plane. All my WWII stuff, other then ARES stuff, is AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsalt View Post
    Hello all,

Has anyone put together a spreadsheet or some other guide as to which size discs go with which planes? I have quite a few second-hand planes that need props, and am hoping someone can help.
    That's a good question. I know you were probably asking in the context of WWII, but I'll respond for WWI: you can usually eyeball it, but you might be quite a bit off in some cases. I'm currently working on a model for the L.V.G. C.IV. It used the 8-cylinder inline geared Mercedes D.IV engine, and the gearing allowed the prop to run at a lower speed but higher torque. (The engine ran at 1400rpm but was geared down to 910rpm). This let it run a massive 3.4m (11.2ft) diameter propeller, which is much larger than you'd expect on a plane of this size (normally something around 2.8m would be found). (It also gave the C.IV and similar Albatros C.V an advantage in speed and climb.)

For WWI I can start adding airscrew diameter to the Wings of Linen website, but I don't have an equivalent for WWII.

i just eyeball mine as well.

Similar Missions

1. How do you attach spinning props to WW1 planes?
    By Rocketshoes in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-2019, 04:08
  2. Spinning Props restocked
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2018, 02:51
  3. New 1/200 scale spinning props
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-16-2017, 12:27
  4. Spinning Props.