Ares Games

Thread: RIP my dear friend Jeff

Default RIP my dear friend Jeff

Hey all, this past week the Wings games lost a staunch supporter of both WGF and WGS. Although, he only posted on this forum a few times under the name “Jeff”. His eyes weren’t the best, he would read the forum, but typing was always a challenge. Jeff was a huge supporter of both versions of the game. He will be sorely missed by his family and friends alike. He was generous and kind hearted and always down to play a game. I have been in tears off and on for days. We have been friends for nearly 20 years and Jeff will always be one of the best friends I ever have in my lifetime. I will miss our adventures and endless battles we fought playing Star Wars, WW2, WW1, and Pirates themed games. He also was into Sails of Glory, but we haven’t pulled it out in a couple years.

Jeff was born in Pennsylvania and spent nearly a decade int the United States Navy, before eventually moving to Idaho. He was a dear friend to all that new him and such an intelligent and well read individual. The sting of is passing will be felt for a long time..

In the later years of his Wings playing, he primarily focused on WGS. I ended up buying his extensive collection of WGF about 5 years ago and added it to my already large collection. However, his selling of his collection was mostly due to not being able to afford both games. He stilled play WGF with me very often and we both played WGS monthly if not more frequently. His funeral is this coming Saturday. His sister told me he wants me to have his WGS collection, which is huge. When added to my 300 or so WGS aircraft it will be ridiculously large. If I do take possession of his collection, I will likely be looking to hold on to a few things and look for donation opportunities for the rest, as I don’t need that many planes (more to come on that later if I take his collection, I am hoping his nephews will want it). I also now find myself without someone to currently play with. However, I have 3 boys aged 9,7, and 5 that I hope to play with in the coming years.

So, please join me in a toast to Jeff, a life well lived, the loyalist of friends,and huge fan of the Wings family of games.

To Jeff! Calm seas and happy landings my friend.
    Last edited by P-51D; 12-01-2019 at 07:39.

Thank you for the tribute to your dear friend Jeff. Your heartfelt sadness is shared by brothers here on this site. As our friends pass sometimes it is hard to return to gaming without thinking of the times we've shared with friends like Jeff.

Sad to hear that Daniel, always hard to lose your wingman. RIP Jeff

"He is wise who watches"

Nice tribute and a good way to remember his memory. RIP

A very heartfelt tribute to your friend, Daniel.
    Blue skies, Jeff.

i'm sorry for your, and our, loss. It's hard when someone so special leaves.
    Prayers for you, and for him.
    Blue Skies and go into God's grace, Jeff,
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thumbs up

That was a wonderful tribute to your dear friend Jeff!
    Its always sad to loose a close friend & gaming mate as I have lost 2 of our regular WoW/G club players over the past few years, Col Jones & Glenn Ferrier the latter only a couple of months ago.
    R.I.P. & Blue Skies Jeff.

Sorry to here about his passing on.
    RIP and Blue Skies Jeff.

Deep cut indeed my friend. Time will heal to a point, but I would recommend a fitting tribute be devised to be a tangible reminder. I have a personal display piece for Hunter in the works, some of his planes he did and a few reprints, photos, and his Captain's hat. He will dwell on my tribute wall with my father's and many others, as constant reminder. Comfort and healing to you. Blue Skies for Jeff!

Very well written, Daniel. I'm sure you'll play with your sons with memories in your special friend.

Fly safe on sky of Eternity, Jeff.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your great friend and an Aerodrome member. Always tough to lose a friend. Good memories will live on forever with you and his.

Death issues always suck.

Sympathies.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

So sorry to hear of your loss, Daniel - I trust Jeff is flying unencumbered now - no fear of drawing the boom card. He sounds like a wonderful person. I hope you are able to keep some of his planes in his memory.

All the best,
    Matt

Sorry to here of your loss,
    you and Jeff's families are in my prayers

Condolences on your loss, Daniel. We sound poorer for not having known Jeff.

To an ex-sailor, "Fair winds and a following sea."
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Please accept my condolences, Daniel, on the loss of your good friend Jeff. It is always hard losing someone so close to you. May he Rest in Peace.

Condolences! It sounds like you have a deep treasury of memories of past games.

Touching tribute, thanks for going to the trouble of posting it.

RIP Jeff
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Commiserations to you and his family. Death always leaves a big hole in the lives of the survivors. In your case you have memories to cherish.

He is God's wingman now.

rip jeff. my deepest condolences to you, his family, and other friends for his loss. im dealing with a fairly recent loss myself, so i can fully empathize.

Very sorry for the loss of such a good friend, Daniel. From your thoughtful tribute sounds like Jeff was a great guy and true friend.

Sorry to read about this loss of a friend, Daniel.

Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Thank you, to those of you who took the time to comment and express sentiments. We had Jeff’s funeral last week. It was well attended and was pleasant as far as funerals go....I am also happy to announce his nephews wanted his WGS collection and have committed to continue playing it. That makes me happy, their uncle would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    ...I am also happy to announce his nephews wanted his WGS collection and have committed to continue playing it. That makes me happy, their uncle would be proud.
    That's great - his legacy will go on.

...I am also happy to announce his nephews wanted his WGS collection and have committed to continue playing it. That makes me happy, their uncle would be proud.
    That's great to hear Daniel.

"He is wise who watches"

Thank you, to those of you who took the time to comment and express sentiments. We had Jeff’s funeral last week. It was well attended and was pleasant as far as funerals go....I am also happy to announce his nephews wanted his WGS collection and have committed to continue playing it. That makes me happy, their uncle would be proud.

what a wonderful legacy. the enjoyment of gameplay.

Daniel,

Jeff must have been a really great person and friend.

The expression of your loss and grief really touched me Daniel; I had lost my brother and best friend Joe who also loved this game.

I lost him in March of 2016.

I really am sorry to hear of the loss of your your friend Jeff sir, and wish you the best possible,
    Chris

Lovely tribute

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Only just caught this tribute Daniel. I am very sorry to hear of your loss of such a good friend.

RIP.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Very moving tribute to your late friend. May he rest in piece.

Sorry to hear your wingmans fall, may he rip, my best wishes to his family

Similar Missions

1. Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds: The Immersive Experience
    By clipper1801 in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2019, 02:18
  2. WGSB: Big Friend, Little Friend
    By Franco Lucchini in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 06:11
  3. Happy Birthday Dear Friend - Nightbomber's a baby today
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club