Ares Games

Thread: RIP my dear friend Jeff

Threaded View

Default RIP my dear friend Jeff

Hey all, this past week the Wings games lost a staunch supporter of both WGF and WGS. Although, he only posted on this forum a few times under the name “Jeff”. His eyes weren’t the best, he would read the forum, but typing was always a challenge. Jeff was a huge supporter of both versions of the game. He will be sorely missed by his family and friends alike. He was generous and kind hearted and always down to play a game. I have been in tears off and on for days. We have been friends for nearly 20 years and Jeff will always be one of the best friends I ever have in my lifetime. I will miss our adventures and endless battles we fought playing Star Wars, WW2, WW1, and Pirates themed games. He also was into Sails of Glory, but we haven’t pulled it out in a couple years.

Jeff was born in Pennsylvania and spent nearly a decade int the United States Navy, before eventually moving to Idaho. He was a dear friend to all that new him and such an intelligent and well read individual. The sting of is passing will be felt for a long time..

In the later years of his Wings playing, he primarily focused on WGS. I ended up buying his extensive collection of WGF about 5 years ago and added it to my already large collection. However, his selling of his collection was mostly due to not being able to afford both games. He stilled play WGF with me very often and we both played WGS monthly if not more frequently. His funeral is this coming Saturday. His sister told me he wants me to have his WGS collection, which is huge. When added to my 300 or so WGS aircraft it will be ridiculously large. If I do take possession of his collection, I will likely be looking to hold on to a few things and look for donation opportunities for the rest, as I don’t need that many planes (more to come on that later if I take his collection, I am hoping his nephews will want it). I also now find myself without someone to currently play with. However, I have 3 boys aged 9,7, and 5 that I hope to play with in the coming years.

So, please join me in a toast to Jeff, a life well lived, the loyalist of friends,and huge fan of the Wings family of games.

To Jeff! Calm seas and happy landings my friend.
    Last edited by P-51D; 12-01-2019 at 07:39.

Similar Missions

1. Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds: The Immersive Experience
    By clipper1801 in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2019, 02:18
  2. WGSB: Big Friend, Little Friend
    By Franco Lucchini in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 06:11
  3. Happy Birthday Dear Friend - Nightbomber's a baby today
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 30