Ares Games

Thread: Attack numbers on ships

Question Attack numbers on ships

Vipers and Raiders have an Attack value of 6, whereas the Raptors have an Attack value of 8.
    If I understand correctly, for a Raider to hit a Raptor, the Raider player has to roll an 8 or higher (ignoring modifiers).

I'm not sure this makes sense - why would a slow, chunky Raptor be harder to hit than a sleek, swift Viper?

Bruce, the Attack number on a ship card is for that ship to hit a target, not for an opponent firing at the ship. So, for an average pilot flying a Raptor, the roll to fire on an enemy ship is 8. This is modified by range, kinetic energy, asteroids, and any specific pilot skill or level of ability.

Any Raider Mk II firing at the Raptor rolls 6 to hit, not 8 (also dependent on range, kinetic energy, asteroids, and any specific pilot skill or level of ability).
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I went back and re-read page 11, and of course you are correct. Until now it hasn't really made a difference since both Raider and Viper have had attack values of 6, but with the Raptor I was scratching my head. Thanks.

Similar Missions

1. What's with the numbers?
    By redcoon2 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2019, 12:26
  2. Production Numbers
    By predhead in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 08:57
  3. WOW Cards By The Numbers?
    By Diamondback in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7