Ares Games

Thread: new guy in Louisville

Wink new guy in Louisville

Greetings, all,
    New to the site (learned about it on BGG) and Wings of Glory WWI, which seems awesome! I jumped in hard lol, 13 planes and some mats. Looking forward to playing as I've seen it in action at conventions. I used to play tons of multiplayer Red Baron online back in the day and also Air Warrior on Genie. Yes, I'm old lol.

-chris

Welcome to the Aerodrome Chris. Glad you found our home. Hope there are enough local gatherings for you to fly at. Origins in June isn't hat far away from you, think about it!

Welcome to Aerodrome, Chris. With 13 planes and some mats to fly over you're into the rabbit hole for sure.

Thanks, guys. I've been to Origins... time to go back!

Looking forward to learning more and shooting down some friends and family.

Welcome to the 'Drome!

Hello Malachi , welcome to the road to bankruptcy

You are never old, Chris, and that's according to my wife who spent a lifetime working with those aged 90+ and fit as a fiddle Welcome to the Drome from the South West of England - I look forward to reading an AAR (After Action Report) or two from you some time in the future

Enjoy (and yep, I'm old too, but I didn't say that, OK?)

Mike

Welcome to the 'Drome, Chris, from across "The Pond" in the UK.

13 planes, good start - now double that! (you'll be surprised how easy it is to do...…)
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome, Chris, from Portland, Oregon.
    I, too, used to play Red Baron online, as J18 Kanon Fodder.
    This game is just as addictive ...

Hi Chris, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here on the east coast.

Be sure to check the files section, many, many bits of supplemental info there.

And oh, if it's opponents you lack, there's lots of solo campaigns (we're near the end of the wrap-up to the Daring Young Men campaign). Check them out here: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...gn-Discussions

Default Welcome

Welcome to the 'Drome' Chris form West Yorkshire over the pond in the UK. We are not all youngsters here and I can't now remember back to when I was. Still, enjoy the game and remember to always watch your six!

Chris,

Welcome to the 'Drome from SE Michigan.

John

welcome to the drome Chris!!!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Chris.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Chris, from over here in the United Kingdom. If you explore this website, you will find much to add to your enjoyment of the game.

Welcome aboard. I know it's about a three hour drive but the Wright Flight goes at it in Dayton the second Saturday of the month starting at 11:00. You could visit the Air Force Museum and make a weekend of it.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Ein herzliches Willkommen aus Bayern, Chris!
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you have made it to the Forum, Chris! Hope you find yourself enjoying it as much as I have over the years. Tons of great information and lots of friendly fliers at your fingertips...

All the best,
    Matt

Hello Chris!!! Welcome to the group!!!

Welcome to the Aerodrome from next door in Virginia!

Welcome Chris! I’m also in Louisville, and looking for a regular opponent.

Glad to welcome you to the Drome...I'm located in Fairfield (NW Cincinnati) so a two hour trip to L'ville isn't out of the question...or perhaps halfway at LaGrange or Madsion.
    Last edited by redcoon2; 12-18-2019 at 21:32. Reason: correct spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsalt View Post
    Welcome Chris! I’m also in Louisville, and looking for a regular opponent.
    Awesome! Glad to hear that. I'm glad to host and will try to put something together for us soon.

Quote Originally Posted by redcoon2 View Post
    Glad to welcome you to the Drome...I'm located in Fairfield (NW Cincinnati) so a tow hour trip to L'ville isn't out of the question...or perhaps halfway at LaGrange or Madsion.
    Appreciate that. One of my best buds and only opponent so far lives in Blue Ash.

Welcome! A great community here!

Greeting Chris from SE Mich and welcome to the 'Drome!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdre View Post
    Welcome to Aerodrome, Chris. With 13 planes and some mats to fly over you're into the rabbit hole for sure.
    Well it's now 43 planes and made my own pipe cleaner magnetized custom smoke and fire markers lol. Having a blast, playing Standard rules with public damage. I'm 1-2

Trying to put together a game for this weekend so will be contacting those of you who are within range soon.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Thumbs up

G'day Chris! Just picked up on your post so a belated welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Similar Missions

1. National: Indiana...Louisville, Ky. area
    By Marvin in forum US Wing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 20:29