Ares Games

Thread: Fokker DVII Decisions

Default Fokker DVII Decisions

I've got 4 more Valom Fokker DVII to build and I'm not quite sure what paint scheme. Here's where I am with my thinking:

Two of the planes are slated for Jasta 18 Raben's Ravens. The raven, skull and Mercedes Benz decals are made. However, I could be persuaded to do something else with these two.

The other two were going to join my Jasta 23 flight, Schleich, Muller and Seywald (seen below):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valom Fokke DVII Eduard Ritter von Schleich.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	277443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valom Fokker DVII Josef Muller.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	277442Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jasta 23 Seywald 1.jpg 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	277441

The two profiles are Kleinschrod and Hutterer, seen here (from the Aeronauts book):

Name:	Jasta23Kleinschrod.jpg 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	277444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jasta23Hutterer.jpg 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	277445

However, after finishing my Jasta 30 flight, recently posted (see below), I'm thinking maybe I should do 2 more Jasta 30 planes instead.

Name:	Jasta30edited.jpg 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	277440

Options are below - mostly unknown pilots:

Name:	Jasta30Orange.jpg 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	277446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jasta30Star.jpg 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	277447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jasta30White.jpg 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	277448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jasta30WhiteOrange.jpg 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	277449

I also scoured internet and other options are planes from Jasta 43 - Josef Raesch (1st link), Friedrich Jakobs (2nd link), Josef Keller (2nd link - former Jasta 18 plane) plus a few other Jasta 43 planes.

https://modelingmadness.com/review/w1/ger/brennand7.htm
    http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/...vii-roden.html

Hmmmmm…..

No feedback, eh? You folks force me to consult with my wife. Fortunately she’s of an artistic temperament.

Paul, I'm partial to the Jasta 30 planes. I have that book and hope to fill out a nice flight as you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Paul, I'm partial to the Jasta 30 planes. I have that book and hope to fill out a nice flight as you have.
    Thanks, Peter. That’s the direction I’m leaning as well. I’m thinking the one Jasta 30 with the orange fuselage and iron cross stripe would fit in nice. Different from the staffelfuhrer as the top wing will have the lozenge pattern. I like the one with the white fuselage but it’s too similar to the one with white and yellow stripes. The shooting star is a possibility. I have enough left over lozenge decals from the valom kits but it is brighter than the artist’s profile in the book so the result will be quite different. That leaves the one with the white mandorla (almond) on orange. Or I could do one Jasta 30 and one Jasta 23 (the one with the Bavarian stripe). Note the colours for the Jasta 23 planes isn’t quite right. There not quite that vivid. One Jasta 30 and the Jasta 43 Josef Raesch is a possibility (black with a white moon and star is striking).

Mind I could just buy more valom kits.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I vote Jasta 30, too, Paul - I need that book, and maybe your work will induce me to purchase it quicker... It's nice to see a Jasta in a bit of a different color rather than variations on black or red (as much as I like Jasta 40 and 7 and 18...)

Love seeing what you will come up with next!

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    I vote Jasta 30, too, Paul - I need that book, and maybe your work will induce me to purchase it quicker... It's nice to see a Jasta in a bit of a different color rather than variations on black or red (as much as I like Jasta 40 and 7 and 18...)

All the best,
    Matt
    Thanks, Matt. Just so you know the Jasta 30 Fokker DVII are split between the Jasta 30 and Jasta 23 books with 6 in Jasta 23 book (Holthausen and 5 unknown pilots from a photo the author got after the Jasta 30 book was published) and just 4 in the Jasta 30 book (Holthausen, 2 Marwitz, Hartmann). Hadn't thought of Marwitz as an option which might be the mix of orange and wine red for his plane.

That extra Valom kit is looking more and more enticing.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

I prefer the first and fourth of the Jasta 30 machines.

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post

All the best,
    Matt
    To add to my last post...

Between two of my models and the 4 pictures above you've seen all the Jasta 30 machines in the Jasta 23 book. What you will get in the Jasta 23 book in addition to the profiles are the original photos of those machines.

Now I'm looking forward to you doing some Jasta 30 planes. Jastas 5, 7, 11, 15, 18, 40 have had their day in the sun....although they are certainly nice.

FYI - in terms of the earlier planes, Albatros and Pfalz, I do prefer the Jasta 30 over the Jasta 23 profiles. What you get that's different with Jasta 23 are the Rolands.

Quote Originally Posted by Karo7 View Post
    I prefer the first and fourth of the Jasta 30 machines.
    Thanks for your vote, Florian. Looks like we're in agreement.

just paint one purple, lots of purple.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    just paint one purple, lots of purple.
    In fact I will be doing an all purple one but it’s a an Albatros DV for Jasta 23, Ltn Heinrich Kullmer.

Similar Missions

1. New Fokker DVII
    By Herkybird in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 02:53
  2. Fokker DVII
    By Teaticket in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 10:28
  3. WSF fokker DVII
    By Boney10 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 04:21
  4. Fokker DVII
    By Linz in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 18:45
  5. Recent Purchases - Fokker DVII (Goering) and Fokker DVII (Schafer)
    By Dwarflord22 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 00:53