Ares Games

Thread: Help and advice for liquidating a decent size collection

Default Help and advice for liquidating a decent size collection

Hey Guys,

My wife had surgery not long ago and had complications and almost passed due to a blood clot but thankfully is on recovery. But medical expenses are rising as well as home health care and I need to start clearing stuff that I’ve been collecting and let pile up. I have a sizable collection of about 30+ aircraft and the kickstarter invasion level 2 of tripods and triplanes and a Wings of War watch your back mostly all new and in box. Anyways what is the best way to liquidate these as a lot? Can I post them for sale in one lump sum or would eBay be better? You Guys seem to be experts on all things related and I could use some help.

Thanks,

Corey
    Last edited by KhakiWings; 10-14-2019 at 17:53.

First of all, sorry to hear about your good lady's health problems - please accept my best wishes for a rapid recovery.

Hate to say it, but if you need the cash then ebay auctions are the way to go, especially if you split the lot into bits - the sum of the parts will be much greater than the whole. It will be a LOT more hassle this way, dealing with each item separately.

Selling as a job lot here on the 'Drome will give you a warm feeling inside, but less moolah. Depending on the overall price, the higher it is, the fewer takers you'll get.

To maximise interest, I would split off the 'TnT' (some WGF players don't indulge, as I don't) and the 'Watch Your Back', and sell all the planes together as a lump if that's the way you want to go.

You can post your items, plus the asking price, on the Forum in the "For Sale and Wanted" section.

I wish you good luck with whichever path you choose to take.

Best Wishes

Tim
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I am also very sorry to hear about your circumstances Corey, and wish her all the best.
    I concur with Tim about the best way to go with selling off your assets in the most lucrative way possible. I'm sure the chaps here will understand, and if made aware of when your aircraft go up for sale may even place a bid or two themselves.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

You'll get more money selling individual aircraft, as a rule. Check values by looking at current and ended ebay sales.

Hope things get turned around for you.

Hi,
    Can you let us know where you list when you decide what to do. A lot of us would love to help you out.

im glad your wife is on the mend. best wishes for a full recovery!!!

Sorry to here about your wife's health problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    You'll get more money selling individual aircraft, as a rule. Check values by looking at current and ended ebay sales.

Hope things get turned around for you.
    As Kev said, you will be able to get more money with single aircraft as some people don't like buying aircraft in large amounts.

-Daniel

Thanks Guys. I know I’m fairly new to the forum and haven’t posted much but I’ve been slowly collecting. I also collect a bunch of other things but this is my least invested group so going to start there. I appreciate all the well wishes. I may list here before eBay to give them a good home.

All the positive vibes I can send are on their way to your Better Half and you. I hope that things work out well.

Sorry to see a collection dispersed, but if it helps with the recovery, I wish you maximun success.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Hi Corey,
    Also don't forget that this forum tends to look after it's members.
    I can't speak for the others, but this is the kind of thing I'd be willing to pay a few extra bucks per plane for.
    That way - everyone wins.
    (That said - I have spent the last few years getting most of my 'must haves' so I may not be a player in any case, as much as I want MORE PLANES!!!!)
    Last edited by Boreas; 10-17-2019 at 02:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    …………………………………... as much as I want MORE PLANES!!!!
    That's the spirit!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Ebay is the way for profit , but if you can share your list with the forum you might get some reasonable offers for the not so rare planes.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I'll get a list together this weekend if I have time and post on the forum for you Guys. I have some rare ones and a bunch of ones that just came out 3 or 4 bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by KhakiWings View Post
    I'll get a list together this weekend if I have time and post on the forum for you Guys. I have some rare ones and a bunch of ones that just came out 3 or 4 bombers.
    Let us know, we hope all is going well for your family and wife. Good luck, our thoughts are always with you.

Posted a list just waiting for mod approval.

Similar Missions

1. JU-88 size question
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 15:06
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 18:28
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 13:42
  4. Decent deals on ebay
    By STICK in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4