Thread: Energy Cubes

Default Energy Cubes

I came up with a thought on the yellow and red cubes that come with the game. I know that the red=10 energy and the yellow=1. Here is my idea.
    The Scarab has 10 energy points. To give you a quick glance, rather then count the cubes, give it:
    5 green Good energy level
    3 yellow Energy getting low
    2 red You need to think about recharging

Teaticket used green cubes in a game he ran last month. He also sent me a link to a store that sells them as individual cubes rather then buying in bulk.

Pointed out by Matt that the red are 5 energy not 10.
    Last edited by BobP; 10-15-2019 at 09:01.

I believe red are counted as 5 in the rules, Bob... I have accumulated three or four sets of cubes, so for most of our games I pass out yellow cubes for all - 8 for a Locust, 10 for a Scarab, etc. That way, there is no difficulty swapping out yellows for reds of vice versa. For a larger game using more tripods, I will likely resort to a mix of red and yellow...

While I like your 'stoplight' concept, I almost think there is enough 'record-keeping' with the tripods already...

All the best,
    Matt

Since maximum energy points are doubled when playing with W.W.2 aircraft, I was thinking about buying some blue cubes to count as 10 energy units but I do have several sets of the red and yellow cubes, so a shortage of cubes is not a problem at the moment.

David I didn't know that max energy was doubled with the WWII aircraft. I have a set of the WWII counters and didn't see anything about that.

My bad Matt. The red ones are just 5 energy points.

I have been looking and don't see anything that mentions doubling the max energy for the Martians. Is this a house rule or am I missing that somewhere ?

I have made a mistake. On page 11 of the Invasion booklet, in the 'Tripods in WW2' section, it says to double the resistance and recharge level values of the Tripods not the maximum energy. I apologize for the mistake.

Not a worry, Bob! I find every game of Tripods that I play I am forgetting something I thought I remembered about the rules...

All the best,
    Matt

OK Now I have to ask what is the Invasion booklet and where did you get it ?

OK Found it on the ARES site. So now I can see any changes. Thanks for talking about it.

Mine was in the package containing the posters and other 'stuff' in my big yellow box...hope that's where yours is, too!

All the best,
    Matt

Downloaded it from the ARES site. Have to read up on those new rules. A bit more complicated then the normal ones.

Had the Invasion rules printed up today and looked at them. Very interesting. I see the WWII rules and that TEATICKET is running a T&T WWII game at Fall In so I should be up to date on how things work.

Similar Missions

1. KE (Kinetic Energy) Explained
    By BronzeSparrow in forum BSG: Rules Help/Stats
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-21-2019, 12:53
  2. KE (Kinetic Energy) Explained
    By BronzeSparrow in forum BSG: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-18-2019, 10:13
  3. Energy Rules for WGS - First Draft
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 4