Ares Games

Thread: Doncaster 2019, Friday Game #1 - Listening Post

Default Doncaster 2019, Friday Game #1 - Listening Post

Paul "Tikkifriend" ran this game on Friday afternoon.

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..................."

<<Monty Python 'British Officer'>> STOP IT, this is getting silly!

Alright, then......................

Colonial Scouts have stumbled across a Cylon listening Post on a small moon just beyond an asteroid belt.
    'Galactica' has dispatched Vipers to destroy it, so that the Rag-Tag Colonial Fleet can pass by undetected.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (2).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 168.5 KB  ID: 276644" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The moon looks quiet enough...........

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (3).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 135.5 KB  ID: 276645" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The Vipers rush in, before the Cylons can mount a defence..............

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (4).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 112.5 KB  ID: 276646" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

..........but they are already here! Is there a Cylon loose in the Colonial Fleet?

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (5).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 139.5 KB  ID: 276647" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The Vipers attack regardless

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (6).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 96.1 KB  ID: 276648" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The flanking Vipers turn outward, to screen the central pair in their approach to the moon

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (8).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 132.9 KB  ID: 276649" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

and one is separated from the other three and attacked by a Heavy Raider and a Scarred Raider

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (9).jpg  Views: 24  Size: 139.5 KB  ID: 276650" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The hotshot pilots get distracted from their mission, and engage the Cylon Raiders

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (10).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 119.5 KB  ID: 276651" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Having broken up the attacking formation, the Cylons set to work methodically taking down their human opponents

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (11).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 134.1 KB  ID: 276652" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />
    all except for the one hideously disfigured Raider, who slips away into the asteroid field, on a mission of his own!

The Cylons exploit their positional advantage

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (12).jpg  Views: 24  Size: 85.6 KB  ID: 276653" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (13).jpg  Views: 24  Size: 113.9 KB  ID: 276654" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The Heavy Raider destroys one Viper, as Cylon "Helmut" purues Lt. "Deadly M".........

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (15).jpg  Views: 24  Size: 147.7 KB  ID: 276668" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

..........and his targeting is frighteningly accurate!

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (16).jpg  Views: 24  Size: 128.0 KB  ID: 276670" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

"Deadly M" is now just, well, dead.............but so is "Helmut"'s wingman, destroyed by Lt."Hawkhurst". The remaining humans call in the two "Alert" Vipers to assist.

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (17).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 143.3 KB  ID: 276671" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The scarred Raider reaches his objective - and takes a selfie!

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (1).jpg  Views: 24  Size: 240.6 KB  ID: 276673" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Mission accomplished, he returns to the fray.

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (18).jpg  Views: 24  Size: 84.8 KB  ID: 276674" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

Lt. "Hawkhurst" overshoots "Helmut", and the Vipers return to the mission objective, firing on the base on the moon.

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (19).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 152.1 KB  ID: 276675" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

All vessels now converge on the moon - with the "Alert" Vipers behind him, Cylon "Helmut" performs an FTL jump, to try to get behind them instead...............

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (21).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 139.9 KB  ID: 276676" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

...........but his damaged Raider reappears on the wrong facing, and he moves across the engine trails of his intended victims.

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (22).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 102.2 KB  ID: 276677" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The remaining Vipers, in desperation, declare ramming attacks against the base on the moon!
    Paul, the GM, says "you'll hit on anything but double one" - guess what happened next!

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (24).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 131.9 KB  ID: 276678" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The Heavy Raider rams and destroys another Viper, and the game is over - the base is badly damaged, but it survives.
    One Raider lost, against 5 Vipers..........CYLON VICTORY!

Name:	<acronym title=BSG (25).jpg  Views: 23  Size: 97.3 KB  ID: 276679" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The 'Galactica' will have to find another route to Earth.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 10-14-2019 at 16:41.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Nice one Tim. I like your moon too.

Thanks, Gary!

And thanks for the Rep!

Nice Game!

Great AAR and a horrible result for the Colonials.

Me fighting the heavy raider... failing.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    Nice Game!
    Glad you enjoyed the write-up, Daniel.

Thanks for the Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Great AAR and a horrible result for the Colonials.

Me fighting the heavy raider... failing.
    Aaaah, that was you!
    It wasn't my game, so I only recorded the pilots who I engaged in my little corner of space.

Thanks for the Rep!

Similar Missions

1. Doncaster 2019, Saturday WGF Table Game #2 - Todesrennen im Himmel
    By Flying Helmut in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-08-2019, 05:53
  2. Doncaster 2019 Friday night
    By Guntruck in forum Doncaster 2019
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-30-2019, 15:24
  3. Origins 2019 Friday
    By Teaticket in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5