Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	278209

Reboot Galactica

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71y6yJmohuL._AC_SX522_.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	278210

All are to the same 1/4105 scale. The rebooted Galactica is about 20% smaller than the other two, at 33cm long.

Studio Bergstrom makeva number of BSG like fighters, each around 1cm long.

Future Frontiers Zorak Saufu fighte

Galactic Fighters Rapture Comms ship

Galactic Fighters Cobra-1

Galactic Fighters Cobra-2

Zylon Marauder

Zylon Tarantula

To be in scale with the 1/4105 ships, they'd have to be 1/5 the size, 2mm not 1cm. So atc1/800 they are mid way between the BSG models, at 1/160 and 5cm long, and 1/4105 and 2mm long.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I imagine I will succumb and get a Moebius Galactica kit sometime in the not-too-distant future...although I kind of like the look of the Pegasus more...

I look for them from time to time on Ebay, but the prices are still pretty much a tad out of my price range - although if I decide I "have to have" one, that range may shift.

All the best,
    Matt

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Four views of my repainted C-ROC cruiser - sprayed the Dullcote on it this morning to finish it off. The lion's head decal on it and the Hound's Tooth indicate the ships are from the Leonis Colony...working on potential names for it and the HT now based on stars in the constellation of Leo...

Name:	IMG_2329.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	278288

Name:	IMG_2330.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	278289

Name:	IMG_2331.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	278290

Name:	IMG_2332.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	278291

Time to start looking for information to help come up with game stats for this and the HT, and then to get them onto the gaming table!

All the best,
    Matt

Love what you did with the C-Roc and Hounds Tooth. Decals certainly give them individuality, cant wait to see the names you give them.

REP inbound
    See you on the Dark Side......

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

So for names, Neil, I have decided on calling the repainted Hound's Tooth The Denebolan Rambler, while the C-ROC cruiser will be The Pride of Zosma. Both Denebola and Zosma are stars in the constellation of Leo. I figure the 'Rambler' is a small tramp freighter, willing to take on any sort of job its size will allow, and her captain is likely not averse to shady dealings, when necessary. The 'Pride' is more likely a 'higher class' ship - cargo and passenger - perhaps even someone's yacht - its sleek lines give it that sort of feel, I think. With its three radar/signal dishes, it could even serve an AWACS function as a fleet aux... Anyway, I need to get them rated and on the board to play...

Any suggestions for stats for these two would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
    Matt

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Here is a picture of them together, Neil, along with a Viper for scale and another SW ship I picked up - I think I will use it as a civilian shuttle of some sort, and I may not repaint it as I kind of like its coloring already - I think it will look fine on the BSG field...

Name:	IMG_2366.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	278879

All the best,
    Matt

These look great Matt. Hope you get to put them all on a table at Origins.

Great work, Matt!

That’s incredible Matt, well done..

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

If you haven't already seen this, follow the link. This model is awesome.

https://www.therpf.com/forums/thread...pleted.171160/

Name:	resurrection ship <acronym title=BSG.jpg  Views: 78  Size: 93.6 KB  ID: 281346" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

And before you ask, yes it is a model.
    See you on the Dark Side......

It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Wow. Someone sure is dedicated and skilled in scratch model making!

Unbelievable!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

That was a great piece of modelling.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Completely astounding - what a craftsman! Talk about eye-candy for the gaming table......although I would worry about it getting damaged/ruined if I actually tried using it in a game.

Thanks for finding the inspiring link, Neil!

All the best,
    Matt

I thought I would continue this thread and somewhat of a tribute to Matt who provided such cool examples of converting x-wing ships. I detailed a C-ROC and repainted a Hound's Tooth and am slogging my way through adapting some rules/cards/stats for some of the ships.

The current state of the collection:

Name:	IMG_20200913_220108.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	292412

I bought a 17" TOS Galactica off eBay I couldn't resist. Just love the paint scheme the guy did. Technically I painted it -- I closed my eyes and used a matte clear spray -- turned out fine.

Name:	IMG_20200913_220335.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	292413

Of course there are several fan wikis and much debate and speculation over all aspects of the show(s) including ships. An excuse to employ some latitude in adapting ships to BSG:SB The colonial fleet ships had no weapons and I'm inclined to keep it that way, although I may add a rear firing arc for Amduatey and a forward one for Enkidu with minimal effectiveness (roll 11). We'll see. At any rate, there are ships seen in the show(s) and those merely mentioned. Also the tally board of votes for the presidential election:

Name:	Tally_chalkboard.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	292415

Using that and comparing ship class with others known I chose a couple. Turns out the voter tally isn't indicative of ship size, of course, according to some sources but I did my best mostly using these guides:
    https://www.battlestarwiki.org/The_F...Mentioned_Only
    https://galacticafanon.fandom.com/wi..._Fleet_I_(D30)

Then some background, flags, and (conflicting) histories/gods from these sites:
    http://www.battlestargalacticamuseum.com/the-colonies/
    https://blackcampbell.com/2010/03/23...olonies-redux/

x-wing C-ROC cruiser turned Hollandia Class Heavy Freighter Amduatey of Caprica.
    "The ship is named after the Ancient Egyptian Amduat, which literally means "That Which is in the Afterworld". It was an important funeral text usually inscribed in the tombs of pharoahs. The Amduat told the story of the sun god Ra, who set in the evening and traveled through the underworld at night, only to rise again in the morning. It was understood that the dead pharaoh was taking the same journey, through the underworld, only to rise again with Ra as an immortal in the morning."
    To me this seemed to fit nicely with culturally influential, economic and militarily powerful Caprica, the patron god of which (according to one source) is Apollo. Seemed like a fun decal for the nose. The base is 195 x 70mm and has some movement cards in dev.

Name:	IMG_20200913_220416.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	292418

Name:	IMG_20200913_220458.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	292419

Name:	IMG_20200913_220434.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	292420

Name:	IMG_20200913_220546.jpg 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	292421

Name:	IMG_20200913_220518.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	292422

x-wing Hound's Tooth turned Deimos Class Civilian Transport Enkidu of Tauron
    "Among the first ships to navigate the star cluster to the algae planet (TRS: "The Passage").
    Named after the Enkidu of the Sumerian mythological epic of Gilgamesh." I've always been interested in the significance of the myth, among the oldest surviving works in literature and an important influence on later works like the Iliad, the Odyssey, religious myths, or any story where the conquering hero has to overcome challenges, including Star Wars and countless others like an episode of Star Trek Next Generation Enkidu was created as a wild man and rival sent by the gods to challenge and humble king Gilgamesh. The two fight essentially to a draw in a test of strength then become fast friends, slaying the monster Humbaba and the Bull of Heaven. Enkidu is often represented as "the bull man" in ancient literature. Hmmm. I imagine the ship having been through a lot but getting the job done.

Name:	IMG_20200913_220626.jpg 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	292423

Name:	IMG_20200913_220716.jpg 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	292424

Name:	IMG_20200913_220734.jpg 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	292425
    Last edited by malachi; 09-13-2020 at 21:01.

Chris,
    These are some beautiful ships you have repainted. I love the Battlestar. Looks really nice! I wonder what could be done with the Star Wars Corellian Corvette.

You into the Tripods any?

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Chris,
    These are some beautiful ships you have repainted. I love the Battlestar. Looks really nice! I wonder what could be done with the Star Wars Corellian Corvette.

You into the Tripods any?
    Thanks, Dan. This person has done some work turning it into a light cruiser or light transport: here I don't really understand the scale of the movement cards as they seem too large for my liking, but I may not understand the game well enough yet. I'd rather have them as targets to protect/attack during scenarios.

I've not got into the Tripods. Stop tempting me.

I really like the tripods! I understand the temptation. I am that was with Battlestar. Don't need to go to another rabbit hole!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. AAR Mission5 The Bigger they come. 52 Sq(Bulldogs) Kyte.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-16-2015, 11:50
  2. AAR Mission 5 The Bigger They Come
    By Teaticket in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 17:01
  3. AAR Early Doors Mission 5---The Bigger they come---52 Sqd--gully_raker
    By gully_raker in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 16:36
  4. AAR Mission 5 - Flash - The Bigger They Come... May 3rd 1916