Ares Games

Thread: DONCASTER 2019 SUMMARY

Default DONCASTER 2019 SUMMARY

Well that’s another year completed, our sixth annual gathering, and our sixth one at the South Yorkshire Air Museum in Doncaster.

I would like to thank all those that helped make this another fun weekend, filled with friendship, laughter (and a good smattering of boom cards).

Firstly can I thank Alan and Tracey at the museum for allowing us to shatter the silence once again.

Next I would like to thank those who helped make everything happen, especially to Neil (Skafloc) who was unfortunately unable to join us (Seems that having a month in Canada was a better option, lol). Along with Neil I must thank Simon (Maverick) and Chris (Boney10) who despite being a pair of boaty boys ensured that us with wings (and sails) had such a good weekend.

I would like to thank everyone who once again donated prizes and those that contributed via our raffle earlier in the year.

Also needing a huge vote of thanks are those chaps who ran the games we enjoyed so much, especially those sharing the new games with us on Friday (Tripods and BSG). I would like to add a personal thank you to Steve (Guntruck) for his excellent WW2 game on the Saturday, which was so good we ran it twice. Who knew the Swiss even had an airforce???) and once again thanks to Tim for the use of his air armada for our Ace of Aces game.

Finally I need to thank everyone who attended, especially our wonderful European friends who once again made the effort to cross the oceans to join us, it really wouldn’t be the same without you, so thanks to Andrzej, Guus, Lex, Sven (and his wooden spoons), Paul (French by default), Daniel, Joachim and Diana... massive apologises if I have missed anyone out.

I am sure many photos and anecdotes will follow So I will leave the telling of those stories to others.

Roll on 2020...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad it was another grand time, Chris! I need to make it to Donnie in the not-too-distant future, to be sure! I look forward to further reportage!

All the best,
    Matt

We would be honoured if you could make it one year.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Or more than one!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

So say we all

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Similar Missions

1. BGS at Doncaster 2019
    By Marechallannes in forum After Action Reports
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-05-2019, 13:15
  2. Doncaster 2019 Attendees
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Doncaster 2019
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 09-27-2019, 16:22