So I had just gotten my load of Se5's and Pfalz's in for Australia (Rumplers and Breguets next week) and as usual, had some damaged stock. I decided to give my recently 4 year old an SE5a with damaged box knowing it was no big loss if he broke it, I always end up adding to my collection from the broken stuff. next thing I knew I was explaining the movement, I whipped out a map I had rolled up near by and we were off! We actually played with ALL the basic rules except for preplanning, I let him choose his move every turn while I pre planned 4 ahead (to save time) with 2 enemies for him to shoot at, while I also flew as his wingman. It was awesome! He flew as Dallas, I was McLaren, we flew against Holtzem Gruber and Berthold.

It was actually really good to help him learn some basic addition as the damage started flowing, but his favourite part was hitting Gruber with the BOOM card At that point Gruber was truly airborn as he failed to contain his excitement and 'blew it up'

As a result of all the fun I accidentally got him into the bath at 9pm. Whoops! Lucky my wife isn't on this forum.... she was out for the evening

I honestly thought I would be waiting till he was at least 8 years to play this game with him, but nope! We're off already!!