Ares Games

Thread: New Se5a and Pfalz are in. Missed them the first time, getting them this time.

Default New Se5a and Pfalz are in. Missed them the first time, getting them this time.

I have Se5a and Pfalz from Shapeways, but I'm excited to get real ones.

Good times.

I received my order on Series 4 models (bombers and Se5/5a) and was very impressed with the level of quality of the planes. The DR-1's I ordered a few months ago with the Series 1 re-release had a few imperfections in decal placement on the tail of the planes (no big deal), but the Series 4 models had me wondering if they came from a different factory...absolutely perfect! My kids and I marvel at the beauty of the planes as you would fine chess pieces. Of course I couldn't wait to play a few games with my kids, who chose to fly the DR-1's while I flew the Se5 and Se5a's (a father has to teach his sons the wisdom of good plane choice). I kept losing, though! I must have picked every "pilot injured" card in the deck!
    I love the ace skill cards that were released with Series 4. This will definitely add value to the game. I wish that you could purchase skill cards for each of the planes released (including a bio card), sold seperately, with their inclusion with all future models released (and I'm bummed that they were not included in the re-release of Series 1 a few months ago). I would think that they would be cheap to produce and package, so that profits would make the idea beneficial for all concerned. Just a thought. I know that this was done in the past, where you could buy a group of different ace cards sold in a batch, but I was hesitant to buy any because I would only be interested in half of the aces, so the other half of the cards would go to waste.
    A special thanks to Keith at Aerodrome Accessories for his quick turn-a-round in shipping and having such awesome prices.

Avidly read that pamphlet that came in Milton Bradley’s Dogfight when I was a kid, and the Se5a was always my favorite Entente fighter. Alas, apparently someone single-handedly wiped out most of the Se5s in the Aerodrome store, so I had to order a set from Cool Stuff just now, but I at long last will have them without having to pay steep used prices. Now the patient wait is simply reduced to the DH.2...

Greetings

Our postman has just delivered a box from Games Lore with my pre-ordered SE-5s and Pfalz’s. So another six models to store and add to my WoG log! Doubtless I will pick up a Breguet and a Rumpler in due course.

Regards

Edward

soon my 2 mcuddens should arrive (going to redecal 1) a Berthold phalz and a dr.1 vs camel set with a few other goodies

Thumbs up

I must agree with the comments on the quality of the new models.
    I grabbed a McCudden, Bishop & Voss Pfalz & they are just superb.
    No underwing colors showing & the wings appear to be thinner than some of the earlier models.
    Really happy!

You're lucky Baz, I've noticed a number of defects in SE's I've seen - superfluous glue on the top plane, badly repaired/placed undercart interfering with peg attachment, badly placed decal on top plane... and I've only seen three ! Shame, 'cos otherwise they look really good.

"He is wise who watches"

Mine still haven't arrived
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. WGS Have: Balloon Busters set, (brown), SE5a's, RE 8. Want: D.H. 2's, possibly a Pfalz
    By BraselC5048 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 14:23
  2. It's About *&^%$#!ing Time...
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2016, 00:32
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-09-2016, 00:32
  4. Balloon Buster sets, SE5a, Pfalz D.III, Nieuport 17, two seaters
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 0