Ares Games

Thread: The Wright Flight Takes to the Air.

Default The Wright Flight Takes to the Air.

Saturday, September the 14th the Wright flight will be gaming at Epic Loot in Centerville, Ohio. We will start at 11:00 AM. There is talk of Zeppelin Stalkens taking on Camels. The second game will be a T&T action. All are welcome. If you have any questions shoot me a PM.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

We are also adding an evening gaming session on the Third Thursday of the month - this month that makes it on 19 September. The 3rd Thursday games will take place at another gaming store in our area that is more conducive to some of our folks who have trouble making it on the Saturday session - this new location is more in line with their travels home from work, so we are hoping to get some of our old folks back into play again... I will post that information this weekend after our Saturday soiree - don't want to confuse folks on where gaming is being held!

All the best,
    Matt

Jim and Matt,

I assume that Jim has a Staaken. If not, do I need to bring mine? I would have to blow the dust off it and unbox it.

Thanks,
    Dan

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

We both have Staakens, Dan - let yours remain dusty...

See you tomorrow!

All the best,
    Matt

Silly beagle, Jim has everything!!!

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

While Jim does have at least one of everything, The Wright Flight is certainly not a one-man show, Dan...we all have planes we like to dust off and fly from time to time, or show off new repaints or purchases to one another. Feel free to bring whatever you would like to fly tomorrow - Staaken included! I am sure Jim wouldn't mind not having to bring everything...

All the best,
    Matt

Matt, I hope I didn't offend anybody. I was being silly with my statement. My apologies.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Silly beagle! No apologies necessary I just know that it's easy to fall into a rut when a couple of folks have 'everything' and rely on them to bring things each time. The Wright Flight is certainly an equal-opportunity organization - - each member should feel free to contribute as much or as little as needed on any given day. There is no reason for anyone to feel slighted. And the fact that we are all connected by the Forum or FB should make it easy to talk back and forth about who's bringing what...

All the best,
    Matt

next time I am in the states I should be able to rumble with an s.e.5a still looking for 3 f.2.b's for you Jim, so far no luck

Can't wait to see your SE5.As. In the last week I found 3 F.2Bs for a good price. I appreciate your efforts. You are a good guy. Thanks.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Here are some pictures of our gaming session today at Epic Loot in Centerville, Ohio. The first game was a Staaken bomber beset by five Sopwith Camels. The bomber was on auto-pilot while the five of us (rhodie80, camelbeagle, redcoon2, G-dog, and I) flew assorted Sopwith Camels to try and bring it down. The darn bomber with its large base moves at a good clip, so much of our strategy involved trying to jockey around it and somehow keep up with it...

Name:  IMG_2134.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  208.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2135.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  209.0 KB

One Camel went down and respawned at board's edge...

Name:  IMG_2137.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  179.5 KB

Eventually we got behind it and kept peppering it with A damage and brought it down just as it was reaching the board's edge.

Name:  IMG_2139.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  191.7 KB

The second game was a Tripods and Triplanes affair - two Mk 1 Locusts against four Entenet planes - two Snipes and two DH-4s. The set-to involved a meeting engagement in which the Martians eventually were vanquished. The planes had lots of A guns operating both front and back (on the DH-4s)... The first left side Martian was taken out fairly quickly, and the second Locust was eventually 'surrounded' - he had to 'stop' and try and recharge and could never get quite enough energy back to defend himself.

This first picture shows to good effect how nicely the 'stands' for the Black Smoke range arc (which has been a discussion point on the T&T section of the Forum) work. I was very pleased at the success, as were all those playing - and everyone in our group who has Martians received 4 stands of their own

Name:  IMG_2140.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  198.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2141.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  204.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2142.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  167.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2143.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  184.8 KB

I ran the Martian tripods, and one person running two tripods worked rather well - the down side was the strength of the attacking planes! Two-seaters with A guns front and back are devastating, especially if they are able to bring both arcs to bear in a turn! Lots of energy hits with the A damage deck, and some clever maneuvering on the part of the planes to attack the Locusts from the front where no shields exist...

But it was a lot of fun - both games Good company and good times...

All the best,
    Matt

so glad you found the f.2bs jim looking forward to another game of tripods and actually doing something to them

An amazing time! Thanks for the great fun today everyone!!!

Here are more pictures from today's outing. We are still learning with every T & T game but we always have a lot of fun.

Name:  IMG_5235.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  136.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5236.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  143.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5237.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  137.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5238.JPG
Views: 266
Size:  139.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5239.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  131.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5240.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  127.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5241.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  130.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5243.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  140.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5244.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  125.9 KB

Name:  IMG_5245.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  142.8 KB

Name:  IMG_5246.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  145.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5247.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  133.9 KB

Another great days entertainment by the looks of Matt & Jim's pics, well done all.

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Ohio: The Wright Flight is at it again...
    By matt56 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2018, 02:31
  2. Ohio: The Wright Flight is at it again!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2018, 17:59
  3. Ohio: The Wright Flight is at it again!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2018, 17:00
  4. Ohio: The Wright Flight is at it again!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2017, 05:04
  5. Ohio: The Wright Flight is at it again!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 14:20