Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for duty

Default Reporting for duty

Hello all,

Posted in the roll call thread earlier, but that one looks like it may have died.
    I'm a new player in the Ottawa area. Planes arrived from Rival Sky yesterday. Very happy with Evan's service at Rival Sky. Picked up a duel pack (Sopwith Camel and Fokker Dr.1). Also bought Udet's Albatross, Spad XIII (Fonk) and finally a Hannover CL III. Should be enough to get me started,

Quick question about the Fokker DR1 in the duel pack? Is the green on the side and the under wings historically accurate for Manfred's plane? That's what this plane is supposed to be. I see there is an all red version on the site for sale too. I was a little disappointed that version wasn't in the duel pack, but still a nice model. But maybe I am unaware of a green and red version of his plane?

Cheers!
    Wayne

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here a little to the southeast.

Manfred von Richthofen flew a number of planes with differing color schemes: http://www.donhollway.com/redbaron/ traces the history of some of them, including several different color morphs for his triplanes.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 08-31-2019 at 06:38.

Just found that link. Apparently, sometimes described as partially red and factory green and sometimes all red. Both versions were probably likely according to the author. Learned something new.

Hi Wayne, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome from a fellow Canajen now living in Portland, Oregon.
    You are off to a good start.

I bought quite a few aircraft from Evan a few years ago, before he started Rival Sky.
    Last edited by Stumptonian; 08-30-2019 at 09:24.

Welcome, Wayne, from the far side of the country, Vancouver Island.

I saw your post on the Roll Call, and it is sadly out-of-date, and that is my fault. However, sometime in the near future, I will post up a 2019 version. Not everyone has posted to that thread, so not everyone sees an email, when someone else posts to it. There are not many active Canadian pilots on this Forum, sadly.

Also, for the Red Baron, you might want to look at this: www.terryjamesart.com - The Red Baron and His Aircraft
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Welcome, Wayne, from the far side of the country, Vancouver Island.

I saw your post on the Roll Call, and it is sadly out-of-date, and that is my fault. However, sometime in the near future, I will post up a 2019 version. Not everyone has posted to that thread, so not everyone sees an email, when someone else posts to it. There are not many active Canadian pilots on this Forum, sadly.

Also, for the Red Baron, you might want to look at this: www.terryjamesart.com - The Red Baron and His Aircraft
    Thanks for the link!

welcome to the drome Wayne!!!!

Welcome to the Aerodrome Wayne.

Hi Wayne,

Welcome from just south of the Ottawa airport! I only started with Wings of Glory in January; got carried away as I now have quite a few airplanes and even one Martian.

Paul

Hello Wayne. Nice to see another pilot take to the skies. Evan is a great guy and I have bought quite a bit of stuff from him. Do not forget that there is a store here on this website too and you get pretty good service from there as as well.

Hi Wayne, welcome to our world (pun intended).

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Wayne, from over here in the United Kingdom. There is much on this website to add to your enjoyment of the game. When you have the time, may I recommend that you explore the Files section.

Hi Wayne. welcome to the 'Drome' from over the pond here in the good old UK; West Yorkshire to be precise!
    Enjoy the game , fly safe and always watch your six!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you've found your way to the Forum, Wayne! As others have said, it's a great place with all sorts of lovely information and wonderful people. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

All the best,
    Matt

Welcome on board Wayne. If you ever get to Ohio looks us up for a game.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Welcome to the 'Drome from Virginia!

Yep. picked up solo play template from the store.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Belated Welcome to the 'Drome, Wayne!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Reporting for Duty
    By Granty84 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 10:46
  2. Michigan: Reporting for duty.
    By Brewer in forum US Wing
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:13