Ares Games

Thread: Ship stats

Default Ship stats

Biggles Downunder has done me the favour of printing a couple of Shuttles on his 3D printer. I was wondering if anyone has produced a table for the vehicles used in our BSG game including these 3rd party ones. I think maybe a stat of Attack 8, Structure 11 and Acceleration of 2 might be ok for the shuttle. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Biggles Downunder has done me the favour of printing a couple of Shuttles on his 3D printer. I was wondering if anyone has produced a table for the vehicles used in our BSG game including these 3rd party ones. I think maybe a stat of Attack 8, Structure 11 and Acceleration of 2 might be ok for the shuttle. What do you think?
    Depending on the shuttle, there wouldn't be any Attack rating. Also, depending on size, the shuttles should have a very big Structure rating. The Mk II shuttle from the Reboot was big enough to carry about four Vipers internally. I'd want to rate it at 30+ Structure.

This shows the relative size of several of the smaller ships (Including Colonial One):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battlestar-Galactica-Size-Compare-3-1024x582.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	273999
    Note: The Mk II Shuttle should be about 25cms long (Left of the Heavy Cylon Raider), with a Mk II Viper at 7.5cms (Second from the right).

PS: The Heavy Raider is 24 Structure, so the Mk II Shuttle might be good around 25+.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

'Colonial One' could (and did) land in 'Galactica's landing bay, so should be a lot smaller than that picture...……...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

The picture is about right. In the pilot, Apollo's viper was brought in to colonial one's cargo hold, and did have a lot of room to spare. The stats say that colonial one can carry 2 vipers comfortably. Yes it did sail into the flight pod but in reality it shouldn't have been able to. ( filmmakers having their cake and eating it )... if you did the proper measurements the it would be a 1/160 viper with a 1/350 colonial one.

I'm in the middle of finishing a 1/350 colonial one so i can see the difference with scale

For scale, this was helpful:

Link: Starships Size Comparison (Battlestar Galactica) - YouTube

Note in the video that the Colonial One is supposed to be 85 meters long.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thanks guys. The Video clip was very helpful too. These Shuttles were 25 metres long. After reading mike's response I printed Attack zero, Structure 31, and Acceleration 2.

Similar Missions

1. Ship ID Stickers?
    By StarfleetDroid in forum BSG: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2019, 19:22
  2. WSF Clipper's Ship Comes In!
    By clipper1801 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 01:50
  3. ship and torpedo
    By darkeldar70 in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 75