Ares Games

Thread: DOUBLE ACE SKILLS

Default DOUBLE ACE SKILLS

Does anyone know if it is legal to take the same Ace skill twice? I have a friend who plays that way with two "Lucky pilots" and it is nigh impossible to bring him down.

should be illegal

I would think so but I cannot find it anywhere in the rule book!

Well I guess you could also do the same thing until he gets the message. I cannot fathom the overwhelming need to win that some folk have. Good luck.

say with any other skill. yours, in particular, it sounds pretty silly to be a double lucky pilot. the ace skills I would say are to give a slight edge to a bad plane or a good plane, but then and again maybe it is legal, so i guess if so ou just have to beat him/her at their own game

AYE! I love a fun game even if all 3 of my aircraft get BOOMED in consecutive turns (happened before) so long as it is fun

Jim, refer him to page 20 - WGF RAP - Ace Rules ....

"... but an ace may not choose the same skill more than once ... "

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

As Napoleon said,“I'd rather have lucky generals than good ones.”

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

But like most - he doesn't like them on the other side...

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

bad news, he is using the Double Ace card which states "When another once per game skill such as lucky pilot or intuitive is used, do not discard this skill but take seven recovery tokens instead" WELL THAT IS JUST BS!

Here is the example. LET THE "LEGAL" cheating begin! I wish whoever made this skill card gave it some more thought.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190826_113918.jpg  

you could play with assigned ace skills dealt randomly e.g. draw them out of a face-down deck or don't use them at all

just my opinion hope you figure it out

-Esa

Ahhh .... so because of the Double Ace card he can legally use the others every 8th movement. My answer to that would be to close in your airplane and kill him quickly.

Well, he can only use it twice then with 7 maneuvers between. Guess you just have to BOOM him in when the window is closed.

True Teaticket, you can use Double Ace only once in the game. Then you turn it face down and you have it no more.
    And you can have only one copy of it.
    So, if you have both Lucky Pilot and Double Ace:
    - you can use Lucky Pilot and Double Ace at the same time: turn the Double Ace card face down and put 7 recovery tokens on Luckty Pilot.
    - in the 7 next phases, you can not use Lucky Pilot but you discard a token;
    - later you can use Lucky Pilot once again, turning it face down, and never more.

In the end, you use Lucky Pilot twice in the game (if you live long enough) and at a distance of at least 7 phases from each other.

Only allow its use if the player has shot down 10+ enemy planes without being shot down himself during that streak...…………..
    He can use it only if he has earned it.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. How many of you use Ace Skills?
    By Mau Fox in forum Polls
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 02-16-2018, 22:38
  2. New Ace Skills! Have not you seen them?!!!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 05:32
  3. Ace skills
    By Teaticket in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 10:53
  4. Ace Skills
    By wargamer in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 15:24
  5. Ace skills