Ares Games

Thread: Quick Intro

CaptCalamitous

Default Quick Intro

Hi All,

I'm 50+, I usually describe myself as a middle aged teenager, although I may soon be troubled by the trade descriptions act with the middle aged part.

I've been playing games forever, miniature games, board games, role-playing games, you name it, I've probably tried it.

I live in a village near Tring, although I put Aylesbury as closest city because most people have no idea where Tring is, let alone the village I live in.

So then Wings of Glory.

I started playing back in the days when it had a different name, must have been 14 or 15 years ago now.

Played as often as possible but friends moving away, in particular one who owns the whole set of aircraft, and other stuff meant I never got to play as much as I'd like.
    Around the same time as the move to Ares and the name change I got into X-Wing, I've sort of kept my eye in with Wings of Glory playing it when I come across it in a games convention or one of my friends suggested playing a blast from the past.

Then there came unto Kickstarter a glorious addition to the game, I'm pretty sure you're all sick to death of hearing about it.
    This gave me a great opportunity to pick up an old favourite with a bunch of models and a new twist to play it with, of course, I'll simply have to pick up some of the WWII sets/planes/cards as this is my favourite era of air combat.

Anyway, this was a quick flyby to say hi.

Glenn.
    PS: Love the emojis

Hi Glenn. I hope you have many enjoyable games with that kickstarter purchase. I have yet to try the WWII planes against the tripods but it should be a lot of fun.

(Welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.

There are indeed, many, many, miniatures to choose from, so don't forget your parachute when you jump down the rabbit hole.

Welcome to the Aerodrome. Glenn. Rabbit hole, slippery slope, point of no return, welcome.

Bienvenue Glen from Brittany.
    Welcome to the Officers Mess , that describes the people who frequent it as well as its function.
    I'm sure F O Kyte (Rob) our esteemed Wing co will be round later to do the intros but as a seconded ex pat may I say welcome to the fold.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Welcome to the 'drome Glenn, hopefully you can make it to Colours at Newbury this year - if you do come and say hi, we'll have a table there again this year, we might even chuck some Martians off the planet !

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Glenn, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

As mentioned by my friend Lt. Col. Tikkifriend, I am indeed pleased to welcome you to the Drome Glenn. Would have dropped in earlier but was at a Wargames show today with a few of the chaps.
    Anyway, here is my formal welcome to you on behalf of the UK Squadrons and myself.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Glenn, welcome to the 'Drome!

You're not all that far from me (I'm in West London) and 'Luftflotte Helmut' is always looking for victims (opponents! ).
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome from the West Country Glenn - catch you at a show sometime meantime have fun.

Welcome to you from me in Bristol

Welcome, Glenn, from Portland, Oregon.
    You've come back at an opportune time, as the WGF planes are finally becoming available again.

welcome to the drome glenn!!!

CaptCalamitous

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'll have to keep an eye open for shows that may have Wings participation.

Default Welcome

Hi Glenn and welcome to the 'Drome' from up here in sunny, to-day, West Yorkshire. I live in a small village called Upton just south of Pontefract. Did you know that there are more villages called Upton then any other name in England. Just another piece of useless information!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Glenn, from here near Norwich.

Hi there Glenn welcome aboard, I know Tring well, as I used to drive through it on my way to work in Aylesbury.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Welcome to the Aerdrome, Glenn from across the pond.

Similar Missions

1. Intro and Retire Dates
    By Ken at Sunrise in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-20-2017, 22:59
  2. Newbie intro
    By Gaffer in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 09:38
  3. Intro Campaign for new WoG players
    By Omegalazarus in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 01:08
  4. California Santa Maria intro to Wings of Glory (WWI)
    By pstapleton53 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 14:52
  5. WWI Another Model Intro compilation with a twist
    By Harrier in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 09:34