Ares Games

Thread: Southern England - Hello from Dorset

Default Southern England - Hello from Dorset

Hi all.

Bought into Wings of War a long time ago. Played it to death and then went cold turkey for quite a few years. Just got back into the game in a big way. Mostly play at Entoyment Wargaming and Hobby Store in Poole. Wish it was easier to get all the models.
    Played in the 33 campaign at UK Games Expo and then picked up Battlestar Galactica as well.

Hello Andy and welcome back to the hobby. There seems to be more models available now than when I started about 10 years ago. Good luck getting what you want.

Hi Andy, Welcome to the forum

Rob

Welcome to the Aerodrome Andy. Wings is great but I have no word for Battlestar Galactica. So much more randomness as there are many more maneuver options and then facing! Whats not to love?

ARES now has a direct line into my bank account.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.

As others have said, there are actually more minis available, just that series printing tends to make them do so in pulses-currently, the begi things are the T & T and WGF series reprints. Be sure to check out the files sections for even more add-ons, and don't hesitate to ask questions, as there are any number of 'unofficial' game-related things to help.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 08-18-2019 at 07:54.

Welcome to the 'drome Andy, glad you had fun gunning me down !

"He is wise who watches"

Hi Andy, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

On behalf of the rest of the chaps here on the Drome, welcome to the club Andy. I hope you will find it interesting, and useful to you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Andy, welcome back to the mayhem!

In my capacity as unofficial UK Quartermaster, if there are any specific out-of-production models you really want, drop me a PM - I might be able to source some for you.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome Andy - good to have another experienced enthusiast back in the fold Enjoy

Welcome (back to the game) from Portland, Oregon.
    The models (well some of them anyway) are getting to be available again, so your timing is good.

welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes(ohio usa) Andy

Welcome back to the fold.
    I was also at Games Expo this year, looked after the Wings WW2 on Sat and then Sails on Sunday, also picked up BSG at that show.
    Hope to see you around.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Andy, from here near Norwich.

Default Welcome

Welcome to the 'Drome' Andy from up here in West Yorkshire. Fly safe and always watch your six!

Hi Andy

Welcome to the Aerodrome.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2017, 21:19
  2. California Southern California (Pasadena-Burbank-Glendale)
    By DailyTraffic in forum US Wing
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12-30-2016, 16:57
  3. South England Mick's Memorial Match - Poole, Dorset
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 08:09